• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

snowbird

snowbird

Jun 17, 2024
So for the longest time I thought I was maybe going crazy because whenever I told the other members of this household that I can hear a deep, dull humming sound, especially at night, they said they can't hear anything and I must be imagining it.
But over the last few weeks this humming sound started to get louder and louder at night. Was it quite subtle at first, it now sounds to me like there's a truck parking in front of the house, with the motor constantly running.
I wandered through the entire house, looking for the source, walked outside at night, listened in the back garden, the front yard... it's just *THERE* and I don't know where it's coming from.

So. Last month I finally decided to google it, thinking I might have a weird disorder or brain problems, idk - but what I found really opened my eyes.
As it turns out, there is indeed this weird phenomenon that people call 'The Hum'.
Not every person can hear/sense it, but apparently more and more people speak out about it during recent years. And it happens all over the world.

During the day it's less noticable, due to all the other noises, but especially in rural areas, during the night, where everything is quiet, it can be heard quite loudly.
Scientists have no concrete answer where the sound is coming from, what's causing it and why only certain people can hear it. It's still quite mysterious.

But for me it is mainly this: Annoying!!
Some nights I cannot sleep because it is so loud and distracting, so I have to wear headphones and put music or audiobooks on, to drown it out.
I even saw newspaper articles about some people who CTB because they couldn't bear the constant sound of The Hum anymore.

Is anyone here able to hear it as well? I wish this sht wouldn't exist, I'm so tired of it.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic and annointed_towers
P

pinkblur

Oct 3, 2023
are you referring to this? i got a video about this on youtube recently

• Informative
Reactions: Temporal_Anchorite, snowbird, Defenestration and 1 other person
C

cosmic-freedom

Student
Mar 18, 2024
I hear some phone vibration noises sometimes.It lasts for atleast 30 seconds.Even when there is no phone buzzing around me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Venessolotic, snowbird, 3/4Dead and 1 other person
M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
Sounds like tinnitus, it's pretty common.

I get it sometimes, more so when I'm stressed.

It can be brought on by a lot of things - usually stress, anxiety, lack of sleep, smoking etc.

It could also be brain fog for the same reasons listed above

Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
Non...
Good Luck😰

Reactions: snowbird
kyhoti

kyhoti

Student
May 27, 2024
I haven't heard "The Hum", but used to hear the anti-shoplifting sensors at stores years ago. My hearing is shot now, with annoying tinnitus on top of it.

Reactions: snowbird
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
My mother struggled with this preventing her from sleeping for a few years, and it turned out that her hearing was so sensitive from being on the spectrum that she could hear the electrical current in the house

• Wow
Reactions: snowbird and ImsooDone1N
J

JenX

Jun 24, 2024
Yep. I've had tinnitus for a while now. I think it was brought on via headphones. Volume up high blew out my ear. I'm unvaccinated so the fact that the mRNA vaccines have a side effect of tinnitus(among a whole lot worse effects) doesn't apply to me. My tinnitus is mildly annoying. And it does get stronger at night because ambient sound during the day has faded. Some people like the CEO of Texas roadhouse I think had it catastrophically bad after being vaccinated and he killed himself sadly. He must've had the kind that's so loud he couldn't hear other people talk. That'd be unbearable.

• Aww..
Reactions: Venessolotic, snowbird and ImsooDone1N
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I used to have a low-pitched loud humming tinnitus. Sounded like something coming from a mashine. Gradually it turned into quieter high pitched one

Reactions: Venessolotic and snowbird
K

Klimpop

Jun 6, 2023
He must've had the kind that's so loud he couldn't hear other people talk. That'd be unbearable.
That's the boat I have been in for many years. No more.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, snowbird and JenX
J

JenX

Jun 24, 2024
That's the boat I have been in for many years. No more.
I can't imagine how difficult that's been, and is. It's so frustrating there is no cure. I've tried every remedy they say may help to no avail. I'm sure you've done the same.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic and snowbird
snowbird

snowbird

Jun 17, 2024
are you referring to this? i got a video about this on youtube recently

omg YES. That is exactly what it is and what I'm experiencing since my childhood in different places where I lived.
Tho not ALL places I've lived. And I almost forgot about it when I moved into a big apartment building, on the 14th floor and I wasn't bothered by it for as long as I lived there. But then I moved to a different country and now I can hear it again and it's so annoying.
Some nights it's so strong that I also think I can somehow feel it in my chest :/

But those suggesting it's tinnitus - I kinda doubt that that's it in my case. I've had tinnitus as a kid, like a high-pitched ringing in my ears that'd come like once or twice a day for a few minutes.
(As a kid I had ear infections and flu almost constantly, so I'm guessing that was the reason for the tinnitus, however I didn't have that high-pitched sound experience anymore since I became a teenager, it stopped then.)

This deep humming sound always sounds like it's coming from outside. It doesn't stem from my body. Also it's louder at one side of the house and a bit quieter on the other side.
After watching the video I looked up gas pipelines in my country and surprise surprise - I'm currently not that far from one.
Could be a coincidence, obviously, but *might* also be an explanation.
And I'd be happy if that was the reason, because then I knew this problem would definitely be solved for me, if I move to an area where there are none.