Yoñlü×

Yoñlü×

Jul 19, 2024
We all know that sleep deprivation is very harmful, could it become fatal at a certain point or in a certain circumstance, could it become a considerable method? Thank you in advance

Reactions: Tony24 and davidtorez
davidtorez

davidtorez

Arcanist
Mar 8, 2024
I could only wish. All its done for me is given me memory loss and more physical problems .

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Placo, heavyeyes, Tony24 and 2 others
WeakWeave

WeakWeave

Hanging In There
Dec 27, 2023
The longest someone has gone without sleep is ~11 days, and it led to some short term effects on the body. (Stuff that went away after sleeping.) So I highly doubt that sleep deprivation alone would be a viable method, but if you combined it with something else it might be more effective. TLDR: It's not worth it, use an actual method

• Hugs
Reactions: Placo, heavyeyes, itsalittlecold and 1 other person
rokonie

rokonie

Jun 3, 2024
Wouldn't your body just force you to fall asleep? Like after some point caffeine and stimulants has got to stop working right?
And even if you found a way to stay awake, as the person above said, it would take a long time and sounds very annoying to deal with. And unless you don't interact with a living soul I'd imagine someone would notice what you're doing and force you to the hospital.

• Hugs
Reactions: Yoñlü× and Placo
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
Wouldn't your body just force you to fall asleep? Like after some point caffeine and stimulants has got to stop working right?
And even if you found a way to stay awake, as the person above said, it would take a long time and sounds very annoying to deal with. And unless you don't interact with a living soul I'd imagine someone would notice what you're doing and force you to the hospital.
This. Your body is going to find a way to sleep. Technically there is a disorder called fatal insomnia disorder that affects a few families on the planet. In which the body because of a prion disease develop sleep problems that lead to death however, unless you have this ultra-rare disorder it is impossible. At 24-48 hours your body will starting micro-sleeping. Maybe you have experienced where you are in class and you jerk yourself awake. Like I said the body will find a way. This isn't a possibility.

• Hugs
Reactions: FrownyFace, Yoñlü× and Placo