• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

InigoDeux40

InigoDeux40

Under The Killing Moon
Jun 16, 2024
I have a "friend" who has endured severe abuse throughout his life. During his childhood, he suffered from sexual, physical, and emotional abuse. His family mistreated him, and he never received any support. Additionally, his friends and partners betrayed and mistreated him as well. As a result, he now struggles with depression, Bipolar disorder, narcissistic and antisocial characteristics, and a black and white thinking pattern. He often quotes Game of Thrones, saying "in the game, you either die or win, there's no in-between." (This is his official diagnostic before the 'help' became to expensive).

Recently, my friend was talking to someone named A, and they were involved in a complicated dating phase. However, they both mistreated and ignored each other. When my friend went to apologize to A, he discovered that A, along with another person named B and two other boys, had been stalking him. It turns out that everything was a set-up. They even harassed my friend's other friends by sending anonymous texts claiming, "he is mine! back off." It was obvious that A, B, and the others were behind these texts. Furthermore, they possess a video of my friend engaging in sexual activities with A, and there is a possibility that they may post it online. (We are not sure).

For weeks, my friend has been consumed with thoughts of revenge against A, B, and the others involved. However, he does not want a typical revenge plan. The leader of this group, B, has a 'powerful' father with connections to the police, and he has managed to evade legal consequences in the past. My friend claims to have some distant family ties with similar connections, albeit to a much lesser extent. He even mentioned knowing some people who could potentially harm them, but he considers that as a last resort. Instead, he wants to harass them online and sought my advice on how to do so. He wants me to support him in this endeavor.

However, I expressed my concerns about the dangerous nature of his plan and the potential consequences it could have for both of us. I am worried about my own safety, as well as the fact that we live in a corrupt and unsafe country where the police are not trustworthy. Mental health resources are not easily accessible or affordable, and my friend lacks a support system. Despite my reservations, he tried to guilt trip me into joining him, claiming that they might make the sexual video public, putting his life at risk in a homophobic assault that will end in his murder.

Am I wrong for refusing to get involved? I have my own mental health issues to deal with, and I can't handle the weight of his problems on top of mine. I have deal with his problems for years. It's challenging to continue being his friend, and I fell awful for thinking this, I do want him to get better and have justice but I don't wanna be involved anymore specially considering the similarities between his situation and the corruption and violence I've experienced within my own family and community. I almost feel a sense of hatred towards him, but is that justified? I'm at a loss for what to do. Please believe me or at least pretend to and offer any advice you can. I feel like I'm in a difficult position.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: QueerMelancholy, Ash and Praestat_Mori
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
I think you get to set your own moral compass and make your own decisions accordingly. Obviously, all decisions have consequences and we all have to accept those - and sometimes it is a case of the least worst situation but so long as you think long and hard about what could be around every possible corner, you can at least make your choice with a clean conscience.

I know it can't be easy but maybe you can help your friend by staying calm when everyone else is going with knee jerk reactions that sound like they're just escalating.

Reactions: InigoDeux40 and QueerMelancholy