L

livingisloathing

Sep 9, 2018
I've been toying with asphyxiation because it gives me a rush that I finally feel I have the power of delete button. I'm not quite ready to die, giving myself one more semester at redemption. Can hanging myself until I feel light headed but stand up midway cause brain damage, I know its inherently dangerous, but I'm content with dying unexpectedly just not being in a vegetative state.

Reactions: lv-gras, Trashcan and Ben
Charlie

Charlie

Student
May 12, 2018
I've been toying with asphyxiation because it gives me a rush that I finally feel I have the power of delete button. I'm not quite ready to die, giving myself one more semester at redemption. Can hanging myself until I feel light headed but stand up midway cause brain damage, I know its inherently dangerous, but I'm content with dying unexpectedly just not being in a vegetative state.
I don't think it would, no.

To cause permanent damage you would have to be hanging for minutes before aborting. Which you wouldn't be able to do. So I guess you're only able to get damage from being saved.

Reactions: Iwant2sleepforever and livingisloathing
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018

You're fine. Your body lacks the functions needed to survive a hanging. I've read countless posts here about users who have practiced choking themselves to a blackout every time, and successfully save themselves.

And hey, what's the worst that will happen, you'll CTB!

Reactions: lv-gras and livingisloathing
L

livingisloathing

Sep 9, 2018
Thanks guys, greatly appreciated.

D

Dumpling

Aug 30, 2018
In any method where you are depriving your brain of oxygen, there is always some risk of hypoxic brain injury. Particularly in deep white matter where blood supply is more readily compromised.

Reactions: lv-gras and livingisloathing
Iwant2sleepforever

Iwant2sleepforever

Experienced
Sep 8, 2018
I was just about to ask the same question, knowing if it is me who stops myself from hanging I won't get brain damage gives me some peace of mind.

Maggoo

Maggoo

Master Muppet
Aug 13, 2018
I'm pretty sure I did some damage when I cocked up hanging myself.

my neck/throat has never been the same since and I have a few other symptoms with my speech and stuff. So if it didn't cause some degree of brain damage it's definately screwed the muscles and crap in my throat and neck. My voice has been quite raspy ever since.

I know some people do the whole choke yourself until you pass out but i'm Sure doing it repetitively has gotta cause some damage or at least have a risk of doing damage attached to it.

Iwant2sleepforever

Iwant2sleepforever

Experienced
Sep 8, 2018
I'm pretty sure I did some damage when I cocked up hanging myself.

my neck/throat has never been the same since and I have a few other symptoms with my speech and stuff. So if it didn't cause some degree of brain damage it's definately screwed the muscles and crap in my throat and neck. My voice has been quite raspy ever since.

I know some people do the whole choke yourself until you pass out but i'm Sure doing it repetitively has gotta cause some damage or at least have a risk of doing damage attached to it.

Did you do partial suspension?

Maggoo

Maggoo

Master Muppet
Aug 13, 2018
Did you do partial suspension?

Yeah, very partial, my bum was probs no more than 10cm off the floor, and I used climbing rope which I didn't realise would stretch when you thrash about. Wrapped around and knotted on the handle which was then able to slip around. It was a shit show from staRt to finish.

Reactions: Iwant2sleepforever
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
it's usually after you pass out that is when if you are saved brain damage can occur.

Iwant2sleepforever

Iwant2sleepforever

Experienced
Sep 8, 2018
Yeah, very partial, my bum was probs no more than 10cm off the floor, and I used climbing rope which I didn't realise would stretch when you thrash about. Wrapped around and knotted on the handle which was then able to slip around. It was a shit show from staRt to finish.

Sorry that happened to you does not sound pleasant at all.