• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

FlufflesAway

FlufflesAway

Jul 31, 2024
Is caffeine poison? I don't drink coffee or tea, but I consume _a lot_ of caffeinated soft drinks (sugar-free though). One (out of many I've seen) Dr. showed any concern, and said I need to stop because caffeine inhibits the absorption of certain vitamins or something I'm deficient in, but I can't stop. I feel so fucking retarded and pathetic. I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't smoke, but I consume caffeine like a fucking retard. I tried to replace the sodas with caffeine pills, but I go back to the soda every time. I think I'm getting worse too, because I finally resorted to energy drinks. I've mentally put these things in the same category as alcohol and other substances that are bad for the body, so I had been avoiding them till now.

I feel like I can't do ANYTHING without first a soda or some kind of caffeine. It doesn't really help, because more often than not it makes me more sedated? I've tried to bring it up with therapists but they sort of roll their eyes. Everyone likes caffeine right? Fuck me.

I don't think it's normal to drink three energy drinks in a row and then fall asleep. I'm not normal though. I know that much. It just feels like my body is completely disregulated.

Has anyone been able to give it up? Anything I could potentially replace it with?

Reactions: promapicide
Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
Curiosity killed the cat, do you have ADD/ADHD? Caffeine often causes a sedative like effect for those that do.

On to your questions -- Caffeine is a drug and an addictive one. It certainly is not nearly as bad as most others, but once a biological dependence has been formed, kicking it becomes unpleasant.

I've given it up for periods of time, but inevitably go back to it as I don't really see the harm. If it's become a problem for you then you should definitely try to do something about it. Since it's not dangerous to quit cold turkey, I'd suggest just eliminating it from your household and don't go out of your way to buy it. When you get the headaches for the first few days take OTC headache meds (but don't abuse them chronically... many of them contain, you guessed it, Caffeine).

As to finding something to replace it, I don't really have a good suggestion.

Tarrasque

Tarrasque

Apr 4, 2024
Girl I feel you on this one, it's an easy habit to get into and a difficult one to kick. Something that helped me cut down is setting a rule that before I'm allowed to drink anything with caffeine in it I have to drink the same amount of water. You won't have as much room, you won't be thirsty and water's just straight up good for you c:

Regarding the sedation, as mentioned before ADHD could be a factor, but also you might be overtaxing your body with the amount of stimulants. I find this with ADHD meds and caffeine both, too much and I get the opposite effect cause my body just has nothing left to give. Caffeinate also dehydrates, so that could be a huge factor if all your drinks are caffeinated. Dehydration sucks real bad real fast.

Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
Yes caffeine is a drug and over consumption in the long run will be harmful. If you really enjoy soda, try sparkling water with syrup/sweeteners or water enhancers. Over time they will not only be a healthier choice, but also less draining on the wallet.

etherealgoddess

etherealgoddess

perseverance is inevitable success
Dec 8, 2022
Is caffeine poison? I don't drink coffee or tea, but I consume _a lot_ of caffeinated soft drinks (sugar-free though). One (out of many I've seen) Dr. showed any concern, and said I need to stop because caffeine inhibits the absorption of certain vitamins or something I'm deficient in, but I can't stop. I feel so fucking retarded and pathetic. I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't smoke, but I consume caffeine like a fucking retard. I tried to replace the sodas with caffeine pills, but I go back to the soda every time. I think I'm getting worse too, because I finally resorted to energy drinks. I've mentally put these things in the same category as alcohol and other substances that are bad for the body, so I had been avoiding them till now.

I feel like I can't do ANYTHING without first a soda or some kind of caffeine. It doesn't really help, because more often than not it makes me more sedated? I've tried to bring it up with therapists but they sort of roll their eyes. Everyone likes caffeine right? Fuck me.

I don't think it's normal to drink three energy drinks in a row and then fall asleep. I'm not normal though. I know that much. It just feels like my body is completely disregulated.

Has anyone been able to give it up? Anything I could potentially replace it with?
I actually used to do this with tea like crazy. Sugar and caffeine overload. I'd drink it three times a day, sometimes up to 5. I also have diagnosed ADHD. I ended up taking saffron and rosemary pills. I also am not advertising it—you can find it easily on Amazon. It's really worked with calming me down with no side effects so I can still work but without all the endless negative buzzing.