Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I know there have been a few threads about this but this morning, I have been officially diagnosed wtih C-PTSD, and for me I wish I could be saying Now what, but in my heart I may have an answer but it changes nothing and I still want out!

How did others feel upon getting a diagnosis?

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Marz, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I never got the diagnosis but I figured it out because of YouTube. I was being medicated since my 20's because I was really struggling as a result of my childhood but the medical complex at least at that time didn't even acknowledge or care that I was struggling so bad because I had not had my needs met as a kid and failed to learn how to manage emotions, solve problems, effective coping skills in relationships etc. So basically I started to believe that I was just a loser and felt totally hopeless about any kind of future.

It's a cruel way to treat people who were harmed in childhood and need help to overcome some of this damage. Instead they are more than willing to never address any of this and wait till u end up in jail, hospitalized, or something lol! This is likely the reason the US has the highest rate of incarceration in the world. Plus more people are likely to have this outcome if u come from a single mother home. In this system we encourage women to become single mothers instead of trying to discourage it or prevent it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Crushed_Innocence, Marz and 2 others
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
The whole system sucks can I ask are you UK or else where?

GreyMonkey

GreyMonkey

Heartbroken
Aug 20, 2019
There are a few therapeutic models that work with this. NARM is the best. Somatic experiencing can be good too if the practitioner is skilled.

Its hard fucking work as it means beginning to turn towards the pain. There is no magic relief. At the beginning it's fucking scary, horrifying.

I bounce up and down like a yoyo as I do this work. Mostly I want to die. Occasionally there are glimmers of hope.

Apparently a point can occur where we become curious and open to our pain as we understand that turning towards bring relief.

Until that point though it's generally consistently overwhelming and scary.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: exhausted, Crushed_Innocence, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
clownangel

clownangel

Student
Sep 25, 2019
I'm glad you've got some kind of answer for what it's worth! (Identifying shit like that makes me like, 2% more comfortable that at least it's got a name, I guess?)

I wish I had a better answer, though. I still feel pretty lost even with it having a title most days.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Crushed_Innocence

Crushed_Innocence

Hungry Ghost
Oct 16, 2019
I thik I have this & have chosen to ctb .. cause of it.

Marz

Marz

À PEU PRÈS
Aug 3, 2018
I'm glad you got answers. I suspect I may have it as well. My life story is very complicated but basically I am a mess in all areas of life and I cannot really survive because of it. I can't access therapy either so I'm stuck. It fucking sucks.
Society traumatizes you and then turns a blind eye and wants the individual to get in line and incorporate.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995