• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
Will they ask ne what i want it for and if they do what should i say? I really cant fail at getting it.

If i order online will they check before delivering it.

Reactions: DarkTear, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
S

Stryxmain

Oct 24, 2018
Nitrogen is easy to get. Most places will ask you what you want to do with it. Tell them you want to fill your tires with nitrogen (less pressure drop). Most places in my area don't mind delivering to residential addresses however you need to order smaller tanks. Don't get a super large tank with "extreme high pression, 4000PSI+ (CGA-680).

Do you have access to a click-style nitrogen regulator (0-15 LPM or 0-25 LPM)?

Reactions: Shewaitsforme, DarkTear, lv-gras and 2 others
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
N2 is used in beer brewing, to get a better head on the beer. (Or so they say; I don't drink, so I don't know for sure.) Hence the cover story of "Max Dog" brewery supply N2 tanks.

It is also used extensively for welding, as a shielding gas. (I believe it's especially useful when welding plastic, but I don't know that for certain.)

In all honesty, I use it in my woodshop to "headspace" the partial cans of paint and varnish: flood the partial cans with inert gas and the remaining paint won't react with the air, skin over, and go to waste. When some of the paints I use cost $250+/gallon, or $35/qt, it makes a lot of sense to buy a tank of inert gas. This is the excuse I used to buy a 40cf tank, to go along with the 20cf of Ar that I already had on hand. The guy at the welding store didn't make any more fuss than to say, "you learn something new every day!"

As Stryxmain says, make sure you've got the right sort of regulator. The critical element is that it'll need to give you a flow of 15Lpm, either through click-style settings or with a flowmeter that reads in Lpm. Some of the welding regulators intended for low flow welding only read in Cfh, which typically means they won't give you a high enough flow to work with an exit bag, so be sure to check.

Reactions: lv-gras, Shewaitsforme, DarkTear and 1 other person