TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
I just remembered when i was young sometimes to block out the pain i would burn myself (usually burned something steel and held it on my skin)

I used cut myself too but the blades left slices on me...and sometimes wanted to hurt in a different way....

Did anyone else do things like this just to feel pain and forget or for watever reason?

• Hugs
Reactions: Dark Soul, coileanbeag, lizinha and 2 others
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
I used to cut. That pain always felt better than my pains of misery and depression.

Actually, I think any type of physical pain, was better than mental pain for me.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
I just remembered when i was young sometimes to block out the pain i would burn myself (usually burned something steel and held it on my skin)

I used cut myself too but the blades left slices on me...and sometimes wanted to hurt in a different way....

Did anyone else do things like this just to feel pain and forget or for watever reason?
Yeah, I used to burn myself. Did the same thing - heated up something metal and drop it on my skin. I have scars from it. Felt better and more satisfying than the cutting.

Zer0

Zer0

Nem sempre se pode ser Deus
Sep 14, 2018
Yeah, sometimes when I'm really depressed, but I usually just cut myself or hit the walls with my hand ( almost broke my hand one time ). The physical pain is so much better than dealing with my own thoughts.

TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
I agree with ye all.... For some reason today is one those days i feel like i want to feel pain... But i dont know yet if im going to do anything...i really want to suffer.....i want to find a way that i have not done yet

The scars are never nice to look at but in the moment i never think of afterwards like months down the line and be scarred for life...

I haven't tryed hitting the walls but have hit myself ...i look in the mirror and its like I talking and hitting someone else.. i argue with myself call myself names.

I just want it all to stop!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Empty Smile
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
I agree with ye all.... For some reason today is one those days i feel like i want to feel pain... But i dont know yet if im going to do anything...i really want to suffer.....i want to find a way that i have not done yet

The scars are never nice to look at but in the moment i never think of afterwards like months down the line and be scarred for life...

I haven't tryed hitting the walls but have hit myself ...i look in the mirror and its like I talking and hitting someone else.. i argue with myself call myself names.

I just want it all to stop!!
Might sound dumb but a method used to keep cutters from cutting is a rubber band or hair tie on your wrist. You pull it back and snap it on your skin. Doesn't leave scars, at least.

TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
Might sound dumb but a method used to keep cutters from cutting is a rubber band or hair tie on your wrist. You pull it back and snap it on your skin. Doesn't leave scars, at least.
Thanks and its not dumb, and any advice helps!

But does it hurt? Maybe if i get it on as tight as i could.....

i did tie rope around my wrist before and go as tight as i can until my hand goes numb and turns blue does not hurt but kept me occupied watching my skin Change colour....

Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
Thanks and its not dumb, and any advice helps!

But does it hurt? Maybe if i get it on as tight as i could.....

i did tie rope around my wrist before and go as tight as i can until my hand goes numb and turns blue does not hurt but kept me occupied watching my skin Change colour....
Ehh, doesn't hurt too much. Candle wax, maybe?

L

lizinha

Student
Feb 6, 2019
I can relate. in the past i burned myself alot using a hot glue gun, lighters or cigarettes it was a way to cope. I still have visible marks which arent fully faded

Reactions: Halo13 and TheDevilsAngel
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018

yes

JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
I used to cut as a teen, but these days I'm in enough pain due to health problems. It doesn't hurt as much when it's self-inflicted pain though, since you have complete control over it. I only burned myself once with a cigarette, but I preferred cutting probably to do with the fact that part of the satisfaction came from the sensation of drawing blood.

Dandelion

Dandelion

Wrap you in yarn and grass, embalm you with milk
May 11, 2019
Ugh yeah, a I do that a bit too much lately, because unlike cutting, if you heal the burnt fast enough it doesn't leave any scars, so I can do it as many times as I want without anybody noticing. I have a very long historial in ways that I've hurted myself.
Lately i'm trying to overcome self harm thing picking ice cubes and holding them in my hand for long enough till the cold burns too much and then letting go, it's not the best method but it works for me sometimes.

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I regret burning myself, I have some terrible scars on my arm now.