Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
Okay, well, maybe it's not that much of a story.

But something clicked in my mind the other day (guess it was because of a kind of mental snap from thinking about the state of my life) and I won't go into the details but I was faced with a rather simple problem on my computer that really was not that big of a deal, but I was so frustrated by it that I sort of just punched my laptop's monitor, at full force, and the screen just went white with a big crazy line through it and all the pixels started melting.

It wasn't even a conscious decision, either. Just like, one second I have a usable laptop screen, the other second I don't.

I didn't even want to hit it and I was completely dumbfounded as to why I did once I saw the screen start bugging out. I started walking around my room saying out loud, "You idiot! What's wrong with you? Why did you just do that?" It was my favorite laptop, too, which is depressing :/

Thankfully I had all the important stuff backed up in other places, so I didn't really lose anything. Just a few minecraft worlds, I guess.

The screen was already kind of damaged but now it's done for.

On the bright side I have some back up computers I can use, but yeah, RIP to the old one.

Alright that's the end of the story. Take a pretzel on your way out I guess. 🥨

Interloper

Interloper

â– 
Jul 23, 2021
You didn't break your laptop, you only broke your laptop screen. Nothing is lost.

Reactions: BrokenBliss, LADY007 and Arrow
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Yeah, just look up online how to retrieve the data you want from the hard disk or ask the local geek about it. It's only the screen that's damaged. Also it could be that the screen can be simply replaced.

Reactions: LADY007 and Arrow
Interloper

Interloper

â– 
Jul 23, 2021
Right, that's true. It definitely could have been worse.
Props to you for having backups though, that's a rare (and refreshing) sight!

Reactions: whatevs and Arrow
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Reactions: Interloper
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@Fumito inability to control impulses is a sign of psychopathy :wink:

You can get a replacement screen on eBay or a bunch of vendors. There are teardown videos/instructions for almost all laptop models online. So you can pretty easily fix the computer.

You will need a small driver set. They cost less than $10.
812dea31 a2f2 4671 82d3 38bb217d2ef4456406300bfc2ab0a6d5dc346b005259

Reactions: Arrow