• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

HopelessAbandonment

Aug 19, 2023
I plan to CTB with partial hanging, and I wondered if practicing, maybe get as far as passing out, would cause any brain damage?

Reactions: AntHills and DeadHead
lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
If you pass out while still being strangled I don't think you are going to be able to recover lol, but to answer your question after roughly 1 minute of no oxygen your brain starts being damaged and any longer than that can cause irreversible damage,

Reactions: AntHills and DeadHead
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
Yes it could for people like me, which is why I can't practice. That's because I have a tumour in my carotid sinus, it's already encasing my carotid artery by 50 percent and it causes me a world of horrible symptoms (vision problems, hemifacial spasms, to name a few). There's also something that can happen, I forget the name (some kind of reflex) that cam cause instant death. Supposedly its rare, bit I'm at higher risk of it. I don't want that happening on a practice run when my things are not properly in order.
People need to be aware that even practicing carries risks. Maybe not for you personally, but certainly for others.

• Hugs
Reactions: lopsidedcrawdad1
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Yes it could for people like me, which is why I can't practice. That's because I have a tumour in my carotid sinus, it's already encasing my carotid artery by 50 percent and it causes me a world of horrible symptoms (vision problems, hemifacial spasms, to name a few). There's also something that can happen, I forget the name (some kind of reflex) that cam cause instant death. Supposedly its rare, bit I'm at higher risk of it. I don't want that happening on a practice run when my things are not properly in order.
People need to be aware that even practicing carries risks. Maybe not for you personally, but certainly for others.
''Carotid sinus reflex death is a potential etiology of sudden death in which manual stimulation of the carotid sinus allegedly causes strong glossopharyngeal nerve (Vagus nerve is for aortic arch baroreceptors) impulses leading to terminal cardiac arrest.''

Hence, if you hanged (complete) with the knot at the front, the heart could cause the decisive blow.

Reactions: DeadHead
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
''Carotid sinus reflex death is a potential etiology of sudden death in which manual stimulation of the carotid sinus allegedly causes strong glossopharyngeal nerve (Vagus nerve is for aortic arch baroreceptors) impulses leading to terminal cardiac arrest.''

Hence, if you hanged (complete) with the knot at the front, the heart could cause the decisive blow.
That's the one, thanks!

Reactions: CW36
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Yes.

Attachments

• brain demage without oxygen.jpg
    brain demage without oxygen.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: HopelessAbandonment, ctvunny and corazon
H

HopelessAbandonment

Aug 19, 2023
If you pass out while still being strangled I don't think you are going to be able to recover lol, but to answer your question after roughly 1 minute of no oxygen your brain starts being damaged and any longer than that can cause irreversible damage,
I was actually planning to just use my hands to practice, and then a climbing rope when I actually do it. I probably should have clarified that LOL. Thanks for the info!

• Love
Reactions: lament.