• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
So I just finished reading this book (well I skipped the last half that deals with murder-suicide and terrorist cases):

The book's idea is to summarize all the channelled communications with spirits 'on the other side' to try to get an idea of what happens to those who commit suicide.

I have to admit reading this has made me even more depressed. The messages are almost all negative, saying the people that commit suicide are tormented for ages on the other side. Regretful of their decision, bring all their psychological problems with them, etc. Some say they have to wander earth until the time their 'natural' life would have ended, whatever that means.

Even in the case of assisted suicide the messages were almost entirely negative, saying somehow it messes up your karma to 'escape' from the extreme suffering of terminal illness. A handful of messages do seem to say assisted suicide in this case is ok, but definitely a minority.

I'm definitely somewhat upset after reading this. I knew that pretty much all organized religions condemn suicide but I was hoping that more 'new agey' stuff like this book would be more positive. In my case I'm ill and feel like I'm pretty much at the limit of what I can take in this body, but I'm not terminally ill. The thought of having to live out the remainder of my natural life in this state is terrifying to me, but so is the idea of becoming some kind of tormented earth bound ghost.

I don't know how much stock to put in these channelled communications. In general channelled stuff is incredibly contradictory about the nature of the afterlife. Furthermore the attitudes seem to have shifted over time since the 1800s, indicating it reflects the cultural biases of the channeler's unconscious mind. Yet I do think some of the channelled stuff in general does seem legit and I'm hesitant to completely discard all of it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Fthis, TooMuchToBear, _Minsk and 4 others
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
New age charlatans have to condemn suicide because they won't be able to sell you the secrets of a happy life if you're dead

• Love
Reactions: AutoTap, UglyDuck666, ExitTheMatrix and 14 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
What a scam and the author probably got rich selling it to a lot of a lot of religious people who believes in adult Santa Claus, I´m sorry it made you think that way but obviously after reading such things if you have an open mind to such things it has the possibility to affect you, I recommend watching this video maybe even a few times it will most likely put your mind at ease.

• Love
Reactions: Fthis, UglyDuck666, Thrash and 9 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I have to admit reading this has made me even more depressed. The messages are almost all negative, saying the people that commit suicide are tormented for ages on the other side. Regretful of their decision, bring all their psychological problems with them, etc. Some say they have to wander earth until the time their 'natural' life would have ended, whatever that means.

Even in the case of assisted suicide the messages were almost entirely negative, saying somehow it messes up your karma to 'escape' from the extreme suffering of terminal illness. A handful of messages do seem to say assisted suicide in this case is ok, but definitely a minority.
I assure you this is entirely bullshit. I have my reason to believe this 100%.

Reactions: UglyDuck666, Marauder, Hazelnut and 5 others
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
What a scam and the author probably got rich selling it to a lot of a lot of religious people who believes in adult Santa Claus, I´m sorry it made you think that way but obviously after reading such things if you have an open mind to such things it has the possibility to affect you, I recommend watching this video maybe even a few times it will most likely put your mind at ease.

Thanks I like Alan Watts.
New age charlatans have to condemn suicide because they won't be able to sell you the secrets of a happy life if you're dead

The authors are just referencing other books that have been written over the past 120 years. I didn't get a pro-life vibe from them, they almost seem to be a bit shocked themselves at the harshness of some of the messages condemning suicide.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 94, UglyDuck666, _Minsk and 5 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Thanks I like Alan Watts.
Me too I have listened to many of his lectures but this one is my favorite and really blew my mind in a good and comforting way.

• Love
Reactions: dropdeadfred and greyhound
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020

I really want to believe it is bullshit. However part of the motivation for me to commit suicide is due to the evidence of there being an afterlife, of which a decent chunk of evidence comes from channelled info from dead people that is verified to be accurate later. If I accept channeling as valid, I can't really turn around and ignore the stuff I don't want to hear.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and Hazelnut
Time to fly

Time to fly

TTFN - time to fly now
Nov 3, 2020
So I just finished reading this book (well I skipped the last half that deals with murder-suicide and terrorist cases):

The book's idea is to summarize all the channelled communications with spirits 'on the other side' to try to get an idea of what happens to those who commit suicide.

I'm definitely somewhat upset after reading this. I knew that pretty much all organized religions condemn suicide but I was hoping that more 'new agey' stuff like this book would be more positive. In my case I'm ill and feel like I'm pretty much at the limit of what I can take in this body, but I'm not terminally ill. The thought of having to live out the remainder of my natural life in this state is terrifying to me, but so is the idea of becoming some kind of tormented earth bound ghost.

I don't know how much stock to put in these channelled communications. In general channelled stuff is incredibly contradictory about the nature of the afterlife. Furthermore the attitudes seem to have shifted over time since the 1800s, indicating it reflects the cultural biases of the channeler's unconscious mind. Yet I do think some of the channelled stuff in general does seem legit and I'm hesitant to completely discard all of it.
Cow, sheep, pig, horse ah no bullshit...

Reactions: Ghost2211 and sufferingalways
C

Crumbledank

May 14, 2020

Anyone telling you there is evidence of messages from dead people has a bridge to sell you. Bunch of nonsense.

We have exactly zero evidence to believe there is any kind of existence after we die.

Reactions: Ghost2211 and Midnight-rain
M

Mstrflshr

hangman
Mar 12, 2019
Even if my man Jesus Christ himself wrote it, it would be bs.

greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Anyone telling you there is evidence of messages from dead people has a bridge to sell you. Bunch of nonsense.

We have exactly zero evidence to believe there is any kind of existence after we die.

I mean it's fine if you want to believe that. But I've spent a good chunk of the past 8 years reading all sorts of stuff written about the survival of consciousness and I'm personally convinced there is some kind of an afterlife, probably 95% certain. Our bodies are basically meat robots for our consciousness that seems to be able to exist without them. The question now for me is not whether or not the afterlife exists but what is it like, and what impacts, if any, does suicide have on it for us.

Reactions: deadliftEnjoyer, Maravillosa, TooMuchToBear and 2 others
C

Cakes

She/Her
Oct 25, 2020
Can I ask what makes you say this? Just I'm anxious about all the afterlife stuff as well

Reactions: TooMuchToBear, _Minsk and dropdeadfred
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020

I believe the secrets to a happy life probably are not secrets, they are unique to each individual. factor in interpretation and there's arguments there for and against.

But then contrary to that you could argue "what is a happy life and what would it look like for each person?"
A tangent I know but just my 2p worth.

Reactions: dropdeadfred
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I really want to believe it is bullshit. However part of the motivation for me to commit suicide is due to the evidence of there being an afterlife, of which a decent chunk of evidence comes from channelled info from dead people that is verified to be accurate later. If I accept channeling as valid, I can't really turn around and ignore the stuff I don't want to hear.
Here is the one review I agree with:

Do not read this book if you are trying to find some peace for a loved one who has taken their own life. It is very negative and I wish that I had never read it.

• Hugs
Reactions: justsad&done, _Minsk, Hazelnut and 2 others
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
Some say they have to wander earth until the time their 'natural' life would have ended, whatever that means.
I am guessing that this is in reference to the belief of an alternate destiny... the "destiny" one would have had as a "natural death" had they not chosen to end their life on their own terms.

Last edited:
Reactions: greyhound
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I mean it's fine if you want to believe that. But I've spent a good chunk of the past 8 years reading all sorts of stuff written about the survival of consciousness and I'm personally convinced there is some kind of an afterlife, probably 95% certain. Our bodies are basically meat robots for our consciousness that seems to be able to exist without them. The question now for me is not whether or not the afterlife exists but what is it like, and what impacts, if any, does suicide have on it for us
Yes we live on. No we do not get punished by karma in the ways commonly described. No one is delegating the deceased to punishments.

Reactions: deadliftEnjoyer, justsad&done and Midnight-rain
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Do they say if you have to work some shitty ass job and pay bills in this afterlife?

Reactions: Meditation guide
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
I am guessing that this is in reference to the belief of an alternate destiny... the "destiny" one would have had as a natural death had they not chosen to end their life on their own terms.

I think you're right.

The problem I have with that idea is that it sort of implies that all our suffering is part of God's plan. That he planned out everything in detail including our suffering which by suicide we're escaping from. But that makes God into a kind of of a demon who meticulously plans out a lifetime of torture for us.

Conversely, a lot of religions explain the suffering of the world as due to our (and other's) free will. So say God gives us free will, some husband uses that free will to physically abuse his wife, and it is arguable that this is not God's plan for the woman. So if she commits suicide with her own free will, how that is terribly wrong? She was just exercising her free will to escape the hell that his free will created.

• Love
Reactions: deadliftEnjoyer, Fthis, TooMuchToBear and 1 other person
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
Do they say if you have to work some shitty ass job and pay bills in this afterlife?

This is what really bothers me about any sort of depiction of an afterlife. Even the best ones don't sound that different from real life. I'll be able to see all my dead loved ones and we can be together forever? Okay, cool, then what? We just drift around with our thumbs up our ass for eternity?

Non-existence is the only thing that makes sense imo

• Love
Reactions: Fthis, Meditation guide, Midnight-rain and 1 other person
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
I think you're right.

The problem I have with that idea is that it sort of implies that all our suffering is part of God's plan. That he planned out everything in detail including our suffering which by suicide we're escaping from. But that makes God into a kind of of a demon who meticulously plans out a lifetime of torture for us.

Conversely, a lot of religions explain the suffering of the world as due to our (and other's) free will. So say God gives us free will, some husband uses that free will to physically abuse his wife, and it is arguable that this is not God's plan for the woman. So if she commits suicide with her own free will, how that is terribly wrong? She was just exercising her free will to escape the hell that his free will created.
Bingo. Everything you have stated is why I do not subscribe to any one religion & have trouble with the concept of "destiny" vs free will. It doesn't make sense to me that any one outcome could be right or wrong in this world. Everything just "is."

Reactions: Fthis, Meditation guide and greyhound
C

Cakes

She/Her
Oct 25, 2020
Here is the one review I agree with:

Do not read this book if you are trying to find some peace for a loved one who has taken their own life. It is very negative and I wish that I had never read it.
Thank you for this, definetly won't be reading it

• Love
Reactions: Fthis and _Minsk
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Nobody can know what happens once we die. Anyone that tells you otherwise is a bs artist.

Reactions: Fthis
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I mean it's fine if you want to believe that. But I've spent a good chunk of the past 8 years reading all sorts of stuff written about the survival of consciousness and I'm personally convinced there is some kind of an afterlife, probably 95% certain. Our bodies are basically meat robots for our consciousness that seems to be able to exist without them. The question now for me is not whether or not the afterlife exists but what is it like, and what impacts, if any, does suicide have on it for us.

My 25 yr old son died in a car accident on his way to work 3 years ago. Desperate for answers/communication I am in some mediumship groups in facebook. I was advised make my facebook private so no readers can peek and get information. I save the readings onto a document on my computer. Several have been so spot on I KNOW there is an afterlife. The things that were said there was no way they could have known unless my son was telling them. I post a picture of my son- they read off that picture one reader early on blew me away she knew things that sent chills up my spine. I could share her reading and tell you exactly what all she was saying related to myself, my son who died and my younger son and more... she is my FAVORITE reader she just knew and knows to much when she reads my son.

I didn't read the book linked so I have no idea what it says. I have seen readings for people who have lose loved ones to suicide. I have seen it mentioned no they are not in hell. Sometimes they need to learn more as spirit to... can't find the right words- move forward. Sort of like learning. One group I am in recently did a medium discussion on suicide but I didn't watch the zoom because well.. I didn't want to know in case I did it.

• Love
Reactions: Fthis, justsad&done, Spitfire and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
If I accept channeling as valid, I can't really turn around and ignore the stuff I don't want to hear.
Who is doing this channeling? It sounds a lot like a pro life agenda to me.

I think you can become one with the "all there is" which is a nice state to be in, or you can wander around the earth as a spirit in some cases. Or you can be with some relatives and friends who have passed on, in a fairly nice comfortable place better than here.

It's probably best to not be attached to anyone or anything here at all before you go. It's your best chance for what you can call oblivion.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fthis and greyhound
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
If anyone can do some mild self hypnosis or get into a relaxed enough state such as deep meditation, you might be able to do your own channeling. It's not hard to do. Rather than ask to speak to a particular person just allow what comes through to happen. Ask if anyone you know wants to chat. Then you can ask questions but let them do most of the talking. Keep your eyes closed and see what visions you experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: greyhound
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
If you've ever held a person or animal as it died, it can make sense why people made up, "the soul."
I've never held a person as they died but I have two animals, one of my personal pets and my friend's kitten who was killed by his dogs.

The way they go limp is just awful and it really hurts to watch it. I can see why someone would notice something left the body. But it's not the soul.

• Love
Reactions: Fthis
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
My 25 yr old son died in a car accident on his way to work 3 years ago. Desperate for answers/communication I am in some mediumship groups in facebook. I was advised make my facebook private so no readers can peek and get information. I save the readings onto a document on my computer. Several have been so spot on I KNOW there is an afterlife. The things that were said there was no way they could have known unless my son was telling them. I post a picture of my son- they read off that picture one reader early on blew me away she knew things that sent chills up my spine. I could share her reading and tell you exactly what all she was saying related to myself, my son who died and my younger son and more... she is my FAVORITE reader she just knew and knows to much when she reads my son.

I didn't read the book linked so I have no idea what it says. I have seen readings for people who have lose loved ones to suicide. I have seen it mentioned no they are not in hell. Sometimes they need to learn more as spirit to... can't find the right words- move forward. Sort of like learning. One group I am in recently did a medium discussion on suicide but I didn't watch the zoom because well.. I didn't want to know in case I did it.

That's really cool, up until now I have only read about people like you who get super detailed info from people who pass away. It must be really reassuring to know he's on the other side and doing ok. On the other hand does this knowledge affect your desire to CTB?

I watched this movie on netflix recently called The Discovery and the plot is basically that they discover proof of the afterlife and millions of people start CTBing. The movie itself wasn't that great but I think it is right in that a lot of people are staying alive because of the fear of the unknown of death. If we had definitive proof of an afterlife I think a lot more people would join this site.

I am pretty convinced that there is an afterlife, and am also convinced that the traditional ideas of eternal heaven and hell are false. I think this has impacted my willingness to CTB. Maybe I would stick it out here longer (somehow) if I thought I was destined for oblivion. However I also don't want to F things up for my self karmically or otherwise by CTB. It's difficult for me to come to terms with the extreme negativity that traditional religion and now apparently even the new age people view it with.

I am somewhat rebellious by nature and it's hard for me accept this idea that my life is not my own to decide. Interestingly, I just learned yesterday that a Japanese word for suicide is 自決 (jiketsu) which literally means Self-Decision.

Reactions: TooMuchToBear, Meditation guide and Cakes
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
If anyone can do some mild self hypnosis or get into a relaxed enough state such as deep meditation, you might be able to do your own channeling. It's not hard to do. Rather than ask to speak to a particular person just allow what comes through to happen. Ask if anyone you know wants to chat. Then you can ask questions but let them do most of the talking. Keep your eyes closed and see what visions you experience.

I agree with this.

I have unintentionally been involved with dead people a few times a couple of years ago. Once, I spent the night interact with my two dead uncles and my great grandfather. It was unreal and beyond my understanding. It was strange because they were working on me like they were some sort if mechanic-doctors. They mostly talked amongst themselves

Reactions: greyhound and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
they were working on me like they were some sort if mechanic-doctors. They mostly talked amongst themselves
Had you attempted to ctb? Or had a medical problem?