T

tieiwi

Experienced
Dec 11, 2021
I'm the oldest in my family. I dealt with the most abuse and trauma out of all my siblings. My body and mind still remembers those times. That trauma turned me into a cold and dead person. Now those past versions of my parents are gone. They've eased up on their abuse, even stopped it. My siblings who were too young to see our parents old versions, now see their new and improved selves. It's all my siblings know. So now when I lash out or isolate myself I'm labeled as crazy, emotional, dramatic. Because my parents are now changed, my siblings only see the good of them. But my mind can't change, no matter how hard I try. I used to perceive trauma as an event that made you really sad and you could never let go. Now I realize it really fucks with your mind and how you function. It's not a negative headspace you're able to self help your way out of.

I am the way I am because of the abuse inflicted on me. No one in my family recognizes it. It's so painfully obvious that they only associate with me because we are family. But they'd choose another sibling over me whenever they could get the chance. Because I'm the oldest I'm able to help out more. But the moment my other siblings become responsible enough to start doing the same then I'm thrown to the side. They just use me and continue doing so. And then when the moment comes for them to acknowledge all the help I do, they don't. If I speak up about anything I'm the problem. When my siblings lash out and get upset everyone has compassion for them. When it's me I'm treated as some monster who should know better.

They always refer to me as some sleeping lion they're afraid to wake up. They see me as some beast. I became this way for a reason. I'm hurting inside more than they will ever know.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Archness, sserafim, whywere and 3 others
ClownCringe

ClownCringe

Remember being able to move?
Jan 18, 2020
Being an oldest child, I feel you. I was basically the test kid and whatever damage I suffered due to negligence/abuse, my siblings benefited from any lessons learnt. I'm obviously happy that they don't have to deal with what I am, but it's upsetting having been the windshield all the same.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: tieiwi and whywere
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I can't say I have personally experienced any of this, but I have a cousin that is exactly in your situation.
They were the oldest and their parents were very tough with them, but then, as you said, they've eased up on their younger children.
I think it's a common pattern in families like yours. The main difference is that my aunt recognized she had been a bitch to her oldest son, so at least they got that consolation... But it's not like they've ever apologized or something.

• Hugs
Reactions: Archness, tieiwi and whywere
T

tieiwi

Experienced
Dec 11, 2021
Being an oldest child, I feel you. I was basically the test kid and whatever damage I suffered due to negligence/abuse, my siblings benefited from any lessons learnt. I'm obviously happy that they don't have to deal with what I am, but it's upsetting having been the windshield all the same.
It's very upsetting. I agree I'm happy they got better treatment than I did. But that's what makes it hurt more when they judge me. Anyway, I'm rooting for us oldest siblings. Wishing you peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I was the middle child, and I was always called "the mistake". My "dad" had his son, my older brother and my "mom" had her daughter, my younger sister and I was just a mouth to feed and at 18 got kicked out and never heard from them again, 100% their choice.

With that said, my heart breaks for you in to a million pieces, as NO ONE should EVER have to endure ANYTHING lie you have experienced EVER.

You are a loving, kind- and warm-hearted soul, your thread says that loud and clear.

You are a good friend to/for me, and I hope in some small way that I am to you also.

We are family here always and I send you lots of huge hugs, love and beautiful sunny blue skies and lovely ocean views to relax to.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: tieiwi
T

tieiwi

Experienced
Dec 11, 2021
I can't say I have personally experienced any of this, but I have a cousin that is exactly in your situation.
They were the oldest and their parents were very tough with them, but then, as you said, they've eased up on their younger children.
I think it's a common pattern in families like yours. The main difference is that my aunt recognized she had been a bitch to her oldest son, so at least they got that consolation... But it's not like they've ever apologized or something.
All I want is a genuine apology. I'll never get it because my parents aren't mature enough to understand how to properly apologize. They get all defensive and try to sweep things under the rug. I've tried to get them to understand me for years so I guess it's my fault for being fooled probably about five times now. Anyway, my heart goes out to you and your struggles as well as your cousin.
I was the middle child, and I was always called "the mistake". My "dad" had his son, my older brother and my "mom" had her daughter, my younger sister and I was just a mouth to feed and at 18 got kicked out and never heard from them again, 100% their choice.

With that said, my heart breaks for you in to a million pieces, as NO ONE should EVER have to endure ANYTHING lie you have experienced EVER.

You are a loving, kind- and warm-hearted soul, your thread says that loud and clear.

You are a good friend to/for me, and I hope in some small way that I am to you also.

We are family here always and I send you lots of huge hugs, love and beautiful sunny blue skies and lovely ocean views to relax to.

Walter
Thank you so much Walter for taking the time to reply to my rant. I appreciate you and your kind words very much.

I'm very sorry to hear about your story. We both don't deserve any of what happened to us. You are a genuine person, I can tell by your warm and lovely reply! Thank you for being a such a great friend, I hope that I can be one to you as well.

I am also wishing you lots of love, hugs, and everything else that is good. Wishing you peace!

Last edited:
  • Love
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
All I want is a genuine apology. I'll never get it because my parents aren't mature enough to understand how to properly apologize. They get all defensive and try to sweep things under the rug. I've tried to get them to understand me for years so I guess it's my fault for being fooled probably about five times now. Anyway, my heart goes out to you and your struggles as well as your cousin.
I mean I forgot to mention that my cousin is now 45+ and their parents over 70... So yeah, the apology may come with a bit of delay. I don't know how old you all are but you got the idea. Even tho most people tend to get more stubborn as they age, not all of them are like that.
Oh and worry not for my cousin, yeah they bring up the thing every now and then at family meetings but I think they're fine, they got their life going etc. But thanks anyways!

isthisit?

isthisit?

The name's Cedrik
Jun 23, 2023
You're not the only one. Both of my parents are successful, so are both my sisters meanwhile I'm here not getting anywhere.

• Hugs
Reactions: tieiwi
T

tieiwi

Experienced
Dec 11, 2021
You're not the only one. Both of my parents are successful, so are both my sisters meanwhile I'm here not getting anywhere.
I'm so sorry. I am wishing you peace.

• Hugs
ManByTheRiver

ManByTheRiver

Bliss
Oct 19, 2023
I'm the oldest in my family. I dealt with the most abuse and trauma out of all my siblings. My body and mind still remembers those times. That trauma turned me into a cold and dead person. Now those past versions of my parents are gone. They've eased up on their abuse, even stopped it. My siblings who were too young to see our parents old versions, now see their new and improved selves. It's all my siblings know. So now when I lash out or isolate myself I'm labeled as crazy, emotional, dramatic. Because my parents are now changed, my siblings only see the good of them. But my mind can't change, no matter how hard I try. I used to perceive trauma as an event that made you really sad and you could never let go. Now I realize it really fucks with your mind and how you function. It's not a negative headspace you're able to self help your way out of.

I am the way I am because of the abuse inflicted on me. No one in my family recognizes it. It's so painfully obvious that they only associate with me because we are family. But they'd choose another sibling over me whenever they could get the chance. Because I'm the oldest I'm able to help out more. But the moment my other siblings become responsible enough to start doing the same then I'm thrown to the side. They just use me and continue doing so. And then when the moment comes for them to acknowledge all the help I do, they don't. If I speak up about anything I'm the problem. When my siblings lash out and get upset everyone has compassion for them. When it's me I'm treated as some monster who should know better.

They always refer to me as some sleeping lion they're afraid to wake up. They see me as some beast. I became this way for a reason. I'm hurting inside more than they will ever know.
I'm actually kind of surprised by how accurate this is to my youth. Only difference is that I'm the middle child and that I grew past that. I was also hit, physically punished and screamed at by my parents. I also carried the burden on being the "work mule" of the family along with my father while my siblings didn't do much at all. I actually had forgotten how bad it used to be back then. I dreamt of killing them, or killing myself, or running away.

Then suddenly when I was about 16 they changed and never were like that again.

• Hugs
Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Same experience, v.similar.

I've posted things about this everywhere on SaSu so that's all I need to say here.

• Hugs