Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
So earlier this week was my birthday, I'm guessing most of you are like me and are not massive fans of these occasions.

On the day I went down to the river where is spent a lot of time with my grandpoppa with a rope, it was obviously a shit plan because even though it was a quiet part of the world and pissing it down with rain it was broad daylight.

I did nothing, stood around in the rain sobbing like massive fool. I then carried in my stupid existence as if nothing had happened.

Couple of days later my partner said that they'd noticed I'd not been myself and asked me what was wrong, I replied that birthdays give me the blues as I honestly never thought I'd live this long.

This got her all upset and teary. Later that night she subtly suggested we get married (which has benefits if you've not made a will I think but I digress).

Anyway I'm just venting, nothing useful here just the crushing of carrying a lifetime of depression on you for another year is ironically depressing.

Tldr: birthdays = junk

Peace brothers and sisters, I wish you light in your lives.
DBD

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, StillWaiting, 21Neberg and 6 others
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
Happy belated birthday )
Peace to you too

Reactions: 21Neberg and Dead beat dad
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
I'm sorry you feel so low. I can relate though. I do not look forward to my birthday.

A

Aliaiactaest

Student
Jun 7, 2019
Why wouldn't you take your partner up on her offer?

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Happy belated birthday )
Peace to you too
Thank you friend
Why wouldn't you take your partner up on her offer?
I can't stand the thought of being married. I'm such an empty shell of a human being it would seem the absolute epitome of hypocrisy (although I am already a world championship contender for this title anyway)
DBD

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: 21Neberg and Donewith_
Beautifulletdown

Beautifulletdown

Brightburn
Jul 6, 2019
Happy Belated Birthday. I'm sorry you're feeling this way but can relate 1000%. I think you're lucky to have a partner, it seems, that cares about you. As stupid as it sounds I've longed for that for forever but know I'm never going to have it. Be well.

Reactions: Lovedove, LMLN and Dead beat dad
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
happy belated birthday :heart:

Reactions: Dead beat dad
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
Happy belated birthday from me too

Reactions: Dead beat dad
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I can't stand the thought of being married. I'm such an empty shell of a human being it would seem the absolute epitome of hypocrisy (although I am already a world championship contender for this title anyway)

I actually think you're #1 talent in lying - none of that is true at all! All I've seen of you on this forum is kindness and supportiveness. This forum wouldn't be the same without you, and I'm glad you're still around. Stay strong.

• Love
Reactions: Dead beat dad and pole