• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
I wonder what would be the best time to ctb at a hotel, as I understand the cleaning services work in the morning always right? And in the nighttime there's the most amount of people, so it would be better not to try it then. Am I right?
Also I was wondering if people could hear me vomiting, if theres a way to vomit silently or if I am just being paranoid and that cant be heard... it would be a normal 3 star hotel, with normal walls I guess.

Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer and Indieblue
discokicks

discokicks

Student
Apr 19, 2019
put on your laptop or tv for sound

Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
they could then report me for too loud tv noises lol
Most hotel walls are thin anyway. Anytime I stay at them, I hear TV's, people talking and even having sex... I doubt any one would turn you in.

Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer and ArtVandelay
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
well what's your method?
SN

im thinking about airbnb now tbh i dont want to be worried about noise...
Most hotel walls are thin anyway. Anytime I stay at them, I hear TV's, people talking and even having sex... I doubt any one would turn you in.
well its different to hear a TV than to hear a person vomit, if i was unlucky and there was some idiot hearing that maybe he would call... unlikely ofc but ye...
thin walls not good

discokicks

discokicks

Student
Apr 19, 2019
mmm. Personally I reckon a hotel is a better option cos it's more private. Maybe if you're paranoid just say to the neighbours you're a bit unwell and not to worry? but ultimately if you vomit it up you're not going to die and they won't know anyway

Reactions: spanishguy22
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

Jul 13, 2018
well its different to hear a TV than to hear a person vomit, if i was unlucky and there was some idiot hearing that maybe he would call... unlikely ofc but ye...
thin walls not good

If they hear you vomiting, they might think maybe you either had to much to drink, or your just sick. It happens.

Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer, Kira, crea_the_hopeless and 3 others
N

Nameless101

Someone
Apr 25, 2019
In my opinion time doesn't really matter. If I was you, I would do it at night. Most people will be too tired to pay attention to "strange noises".

Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer, Indieblue and ArtVandelay
discokicks

discokicks

Student
Apr 19, 2019
It's actually probably better to do it in the day when people are out doing shit

Reactions: Indieblue, reznikoff, crea_the_hopeless and 1 other person
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
Nobody care that much especially towards a stranger. Like how you wont give anyone else on the road a second look they wont either to you. If you think they do you're sorely mistaken.

Reactions: Justinian, Kira, Only Me Here and 3 others
discokicks

discokicks

Student
Apr 19, 2019
Nobody care that much especially towards a stranger. Like how you wont give anyone else on the road a second look they wont either to you. If you think they do you're sorely mistaken.
truth

Reactions: Vegrau
P

petevale

May 2, 2019
most people will just ignore trust me

Reactions: reznikoff and ArtVandelay
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I wouldn't worry about it too much, just make sure you don't do anything that would really draw anyone's attention. As far as doing it, I would put a do NOT disturb sign on your door so the cleaning maid/staff doesn't go in to interrupt you when you attempt.

Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer and spanishguy22
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
I wouldn't worry about it too much, just make sure you don't do anything that would really draw anyone's attention. As far as doing it, I would put a do NOT disturb sign on your door so the cleaning maid/staff doesn't go in to interrupt you when you attempt.
ddo you recommend doing it in the evening or at night? this is the pros n cons i think:

evening: very few people, but vomiting noise will alert people more because its weird at that time
night: lots of people, but vomiting is relatively reasonable due to alcohol, still i wouldnt like to do it too late in the night.. more at dinner time, when its still weird to vomit.

Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
ddo you recommend doing it in the evening or at night? this is the pros n cons i think:

evening: very few people, but vomiting noise will alert people more because its weird at that time
night: lots of people, but vomiting is relatively reasonable due to alcohol, still i wouldnt like to do it too late in the night.. more at dinner time, when its still weird to vomit.
Dinner time or night. In the morning to early afternoon, maids come to clean up. That's why you'll need the Do Not Disturb sign.

Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer and spanishguy22
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
How about taking a room in a hotel that has a disco or dance club? You can even specify that you don't mind a room where the music is audible because you feel like dancing the night away. You'd have to listen to it on your way out, but that's probably better than being interrupted.

Best would be a place with a band you actually like, but that might be harder to come by.

Reactions: WolfgangA
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
I don't know. There have been a couple of people on here whose attempts were interrupted because they were making too much noise and their neighbors complained: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/my-experience-with-sn.13654/
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/eden2k-update-taken-sn.8577/

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer, Indieblue and crea_the_hopeless
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
mmm. Personally I reckon a hotel is a better option cos it's more private. Maybe if you're paranoid just say to the neighbours you're a bit unwell and not to worry? but ultimately if you vomit it up you're not going to die and they won't know anyway
I might suggest a higher-end establishment like a Hilton or Hyatt, and perhaps budget for a first class suite. These places have better sound proofing than the regular run-of-the-mill cheap crack hotels.

Derek Humphrey in his book Final Exit also recommends to leave a little extra tip for the room service - they will, after all, be the person(s) to first discover your dead body.

Last edited:
Reactions: GettingOut, TheDoomedDoomer, Empty Smile and 2 others
N

N-IsMyHope

Student
Aug 25, 2018
Recently I went on vacation, even though I put do not disturb sign at my door. Receptionist still call me every single day around 1pm - 4pm, asking if I want anything. It weird and made me wondering, why they keep checking on me??? Please watch out for a hotel like this. After that I went to a cheaper hotel, they were respect to my do not disturb sign.

• Wow
Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer, Indieblue and Empty Smile
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
Recently I went on vacation, even though I put do not disturb sign at my door. Receptionist still call me every single day around 1pm - 4pm, asking if I want anything. It weird and made me wondering, why they keep checking on me??? Please watch out for a hotel like this. After that I went to a cheaper hotel, they were respect to my do not disturb sign.

I think its because they want more tips thats why they keep asking hoping you will order something.

• Yay!
Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer, Jen Erik and Escaper Boy
N

N-IsMyHope

Student
Aug 25, 2018
I think its because they want more tips thats why they keep asking hoping you will order something.
oh really! I thought I look suspicious.

Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
Oh boy...
I might suggest a higher-end establishment like a Hilton or Hyatt, and perhaps budget for a first class suite. These places have better sound proofing than the regular run-of-the-mill cheap crack hotels.

Derek Humphrey in his book Final Exit also recommends to leave a little extra tip for the room service - they will, after all, be the person(s) to first discover your dead body.
No money for Hilton lol but not crack hotel either. Normal hotel

Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
Can you afford a few days? Stay a night. Next day, after housekeeping cleans your room, wait until they move down the hall a few rooms away and put out the do not disturb sign. Turn on the TV to a normal volume and do your thing. There will be less people there at that time, as has been stated. Housekeeping will have already been there that day, so hotel staff will not bother you.
Also, if possible, get a room on the ground floor. If you start stumbling around or fall, it will not disturb the room below you and the noise will be less because the vibration from the fall will be absorbed from a more solid substance and not transmitted through wooden structure.
If you want proof of my ground floor advice, find a wooden bench or similar structure and jump on it a few times. Then try jumping on concrete. You will notice a HUGE reduction of noise on the concrete.
One last thing I will note, my job sometimes requires travel. I have stayed in many hotels all over the US. Not sure if it is law, or just the policy of every hotel I have stayed in. No matter how many days you pay for, the do not disturb sign is only good for 3 days. Then they must conduct a welfare check. Was told this by a hotel employee in Indianapolis when I was booked for a week there. On the third day, I was awakened by housekeeping knocking. I was a bit angry, and told them I work night shift, the do not disturb sign is up, what is your problem? I was told that people often die in hotels, and sometimes suicide. They are required to check the room every three days.
Sorry for the long response, just wanted to convey what I know of hotels (in the US) and qualify my answers. :)

Reactions: GettingOut, Indieblue, Ἡγησίας and 4 others
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
oh really! I thought I look suspicious.

Nah unless you look disheveled, messy, or have some peculiar aspects that made you stand out from others. No one will pay much attention to you. And why do you think youre suspicious?

Painpleasure

Painpleasure

Student
Apr 9, 2019
The best time to CTB in my opinion is the afternoon as people are busy checking in/out with a lot of activity to divert attention from your

Reactions: Indieblue and spanishguy22
N

N-IsMyHope

Student
Aug 25, 2018
Nah unless you look disheveled, messy, or have some peculiar aspects that made you stand out from others. No one will pay much attention to you. And why do you think youre suspicious?
I went there by myself. I put face mask every time I go in and out the hotel. I don't really leave the hotel and I don't like say hi to receptionist. I don't make eyes contact with them.

Empty Smile

Empty Smile

Jul 13, 2018
Yes, that's odd. They normally only assist you when you call them. I have been to a couple where they call you after the first or second hour to make sure you're satisfied and if you need anything. After that, they never disturbed me.

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
People really won't care. In this selfish society we live in nobody could care less if they hear you vomiting.

Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer and Tabbyql