• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I'm getting a tent soon so I can:
- hike with my dog
- sleep rough in parks

And potentially CTB in the tent in the future.

Soooo my question is, to CTB in a tent perhaps with CO/Charcoal BBQ - what features do I need in a tent?

Here is a story about 4 Japanese people who CTB in a tent:

Big thank you to anyone who has expertise in this.

Reactions: depressedsally and Ἡγησίας
N

nonamegirl

Student
Jan 6, 2020
That case you link to sounds like the nicest way to ctb ever. Just snuggling up in a tent with 3 likeminded people, and drifting of to sleep (or I like to think they did)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: StolenLife, 1000winds, depressedsally and 3 others
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
That case you link to sounds like the nicest way to ctb ever. Just snuggling up in a tent with 3 likeminded people, and drifting of to sleep (or I like to think they did)

Exactly that! It sounds so cosy!!! And just not alone, and with people, and out in the countryside. And poof. The end of suffering.

Reactions: StolenLife, highlyvolatile and nonamegirl
WhyamIstillhere

WhyamIstillhere

Jan 27, 2020
This does sound relaxing.

Reactions: highlyvolatile
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Look at the comments in the link these people who have never really suffered once in their life just want suicidal people who are in pain and misery to continue living

• Hugs
Reactions: Throwawaysoul, GenesAndEnvironment, Ἡγησίας and 3 others
N

nonamegirl

Student
Jan 6, 2020
Look at the comments in the link these people who have never really suffered once in their life just want suicidal people who are in pain and misery to continue living

Yeah. Especially the one where he/she said something like "I wish they had reached out to other people for support"..........It's incredible how these people can know what these people who ctb did before their death, and regardless, reaching out to others is not some magical act that will make your suffering POOF! go away

effing idiots!

Reactions: Ἡγησίας, snowman626, TheGoodGuy and 3 others
Proto

Proto

Student
Jan 21, 2020
That's absolutely amazing, anyone living in the Netherlands or close? i want to die in a tent together with nitrogen tanks!

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicideTrooper, Ἡγησίας and highlyvolatile
N

nonamegirl

Student
Jan 6, 2020
That's absolutely amazing, anyone living in the Netherlands or close? i want to die in a tent together with nitrogen tanks!

As far as I know it would'nt work with nitrogen. I think you have to replace all CO2 with nitrogen and seeing as a tent is not really airproof, you wouldnt be able to stop the CO2 coming in.

Anybody correct me if I'm wrong.......I'm not entirely sure.......

Reactions: highlyvolatile and Proto
Proto

Proto

Student
Jan 21, 2020
As far as I know it would'nt work with nitrogen. I think you have to replace all CO2 with nitrogen and seeing as a tent is not really airproof, you wouldnt be able to stop the CO2 coming in.

Anybody correct me if I'm wrong.......I'm not entirely sure.......
I think your right there's a chance for the nitrogen to fill up the tent not in time.....

Reactions: nonamegirl
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Yeah. Especially the one where he/she said something like "I wish they had reached out to other people for support"..........It's incredible how these people can know what these people who ctb did before their death, and regardless, reaching out to others is not some magical act that will make your suffering POOF! go away

effing idiots!
Most people got depression and suicidal though puberty so it was predetermined yet they think they can "recover" but wouldn´t think the same for something suffering from a terminal illness such as cancer, people are so ignorant.

Reactions: StolenLife and oneirogen
C

CtbNow21

Mar 4, 2020

effing idiots!
Everytime I reached out I woke up in a psych ward... and that is no fun at all. Only makes the suffering worse. Not magical at all my friend

• Hugs
Reactions: PureMetanoia and nonamegirl
N

nonamegirl

Student
Jan 6, 2020
Everytime I reached out I woke up in a psych ward... and that is no fun at all. Only makes the suffering worse. Not magical at all my friend

That's exactly what I mean, and yes, reaching out rarely helps. I've also been in the psych ward and it didnt make me better of-

C

CtbNow21

Mar 4, 2020
That's exactly what I mean, and yes, reaching out rarely helps. I've also been in the psych ward and it didnt make me better of-
It's horrible this is what happens to so many just to get discharged seven days later... it got to the point where I knew several patients in the ward because we were just in a vicious circle

Biggie

Biggie

Feb 24, 2020
If anyone needs a chuckle, just read the comments on that article... baffling.

N

nonamegirl

Student
Jan 6, 2020
It's horrible this is what happens to so many just to get discharged seven days later... it got to the point where I knew several patients in the ward because we were just in a vicious circle

Exactly the same here. I was only in once but talked to a few people there who were in and out of there very often. How much good do they think they do, if people come back again and again?? obviously for some people therapy and all the medicine in the world doesnt make life good for them.

Reactions: CtbNow21
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020

As long as you carry the nitrogen tanks, I'm in ;)

C

ctbUniquectb

Pariah
Jan 7, 2020
OK, I'll ask: does this work in a small car cabin if I super half ass it?

I'm planning to just torch a big ass pile of charcoal in a normal grill, instead of a grill starter, immediately before blowing my brains out.

Thanks, COers!

AQUA

AQUA

Headstone
Dec 2, 2020
did you find out the best tent?

Nolen

Nolen

You see it too? For me, it's always like this.
Feb 21, 2021
I tried it once with a friend from what I remember when doing research is that there is no fool proof tent and it's a good idea to reinforce all the linings with gorilla tape especially the entrance. Also be careful with the type of grill and the material of the tent so that you don't end up burning yourself to death.

Reactions: Nexey and AQUA
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
The purpose of this thread was to determine the best tent for suicide and not once was any recommendation made regarding that. The entire discussion went off kilter into a myriad of other things.

So, does anyone have an opinion on what the best tent would be for CTB? I'd like to hear your opinions. This will be beneficial for for others who come after us, too.

L

Lifeaballache

Student
Aug 28, 2022
The purpose of this thread was to determine the best tent for suicide and not once was any recommendation made regarding that. The entire discussion went off kilter into a myriad of other things.

So, does anyone have an opinion on what the best tent would be for CTB? I'd like to hear your opinions. This will be beneficial for for others who come after us, too.
This thread is over two years old lol

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
This thread is over two years old lol
And your point is? What is the difference? It still covers the topic I wish to cover, which was tried once here in this thread, but unsuccessfully. Many old threads get resurrected on SaSu all the time. Why make a new thread when one already exists?

Reactions: p-funk
H

[HNO]

Experienced
Aug 21, 2022

well i think that tent needs to be volumetric enough for at least several persons to hold in for comfortable positioning of brazier on some heat insulation and body inside of and it should be waterproof as such material more dense and air enters/escapes less. the problem w/ air leak/enter easily solvable by tarpaulin cover it's what i'd use.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
well i think that tent needs to be volumetric enough for at least several persons to hold in for comfortable positioning of brazier on some heat insulation and body inside of and it should be waterproof as such material more dense and air enters/escapes less. the problem w/ air leak/enter easily solvable by tarpaulin cover it's what i'd use.
How about using some type of sealant on the fabric and mesh screen? Like a flexible duct sealant?

H

[HNO]

Experienced
Aug 21, 2022
How about using some type of sealant on the fabric and mesh screen? Like a flexible duct sealant?
i dunno bout duct sealant and covering with it within a tent seems awkward but tried to duct tape door gapes on my CO tests. and failed because it's very inconvenient. i just covered gapes w/ clothes instead. i think duct w/ plastic sheeting can do the job though it's better for fixed air holes like window or door gapes.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
i dunno bout duct sealant and covering with it within a tent seems awkward but tried to duct tape door gapes on my CO tests. and failed because it's very inconvenient. i just covered gapes w/ clothes instead. i think duct w/ plastic sheeting can do the job though it's better for fixed air holes like window or door gapes.
You don't think it would stick? That stuff is pretty sticky and dries flexible. Doesn't have to last very long. It can be rolled on. It's the cheapest stuff I could come up with, considering the Flex Seal stuff is more than $100 a gallon. The duct sealant is only around $20. I think it would embed in the screening quite well, actually. Not sure how it will stick to the fabric, but we'll be seeing how it works not too far off in the future. Unless I find something else, that's what I'm going to use when I start my CO testing.

H

[HNO]

Experienced
Aug 21, 2022
You don't think it would stick? That stuff is pretty sticky and dries flexible. Doesn't have to last very long. It can be rolled on. It's the cheapest stuff I could come up with, considering the Flex Seal stuff is more than $100 a gallon. The duct sealant is only around $20. I think it would embed in the screening quite well, actually. Not sure how it will stick to the fabric, but we'll be seeing how it works not too far off in the future. Unless I find something else, that's what I'm going to use when I start my CO testing.
good luck then
i don't have a money for a tent and i dont want to mess up with renting of some. so i dunno what to suggest bc i've nothing to experiment with. though from my experience w/ co and detector this method seems somewhat easy and ppm didn't dropped for hour or so even after i opened up the window(my room has bad vent). also if you've a detector kit w/ gas pump included you can pump air of tent from outside in the sampling bags to figure out if there's gas leakage by sampling air in certain time intervals .(every 30 minute or an hour). if the gas concentration drop isn't significant then a tent is well isolated

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
also if you've a detector kit w/ gas pump included you can pump air of tent from outside in the sampling bags to figure out if there's gas leakage by sampling air in certain time intervals .(every 30 minute or an hour). if the gas concentration drop isn't significant then a tent is well isolated
No, meter doesn't have a pump. Just straight up PPM up to 10000. If I can get the levels up to that or higher, shouldn't take long to CTB hopefully. The sealant will just be to slow the escape of CO and infiltration of air. I don't think it will be an issue, but still have to test to make sure.