DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Best FDR
Worst Idk
Best:

Maybe FDR.

Hmm…

I'm gonna put George Washington on there because he had the opportunity that he could have taken to become king of America and he didn't do that. There were people advocating for that because that was all they knew. And on his part, that takes an amount of character that very few people posses. I think that puts him up on the list of some of the greatest people in the history of mankind. Whether he had slaves or not.

I like Theodore Roosevelt because I think it would be great if he was the president now. I like his approach to foreign policy.

I like Abraham Lincoln because he did not let the South get away with that bullshit. And he had enough foresight to see that a divided America would mean only death and destruction and constant war and he knew he couldn't allow that to happen.

I'm going to say controversially Nixon. Because he did something that Kennedy and Johnson didn't have the character to do and got out of Vietnam (yes, after expanding it with things like Operation Menu, Christmas Bombings, ect).
He also created the EPA, Consumer Product Safety Commission, he help jump start the war on cancer, he initiated and oversaw the peaceful desegregation of southern schools, he gave Native Americans the right to tribal self-determination by ending the policy of forced assimilation and returning their land, he participated in some nuclear treaties with the USSR, he had some other accomplishments.
He also did bad things like starting the war on drugs, corruption at Watergate, failed economic policy particularly with price controls.

JFK did ultimately successfully defuse the Cuban Missile Crisis. He also inspired Americans by vowing to put a man on the moon, and he supported progress on civil rights.

Idk:

I haven't read enough about Jefferson, Truman, Clinton, McKinley and Eisenhower to formulate a true opinion.

Worst:

Uhh…

Let me think. The Teapot Dome Scandal is up there.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
The only good US president will be the one who dissolves the US military and system and gives the land back to the Native Americans.

qualityOV3Rquantity

qualityOV3Rquantity

Student
Jul 27, 2024
I'm not sure about worst, it depends on what metrics you're using to evaluate it.

But I always liked Jimmy Carter, he seems to be a man with real integrity. I'm always surprised the man is still alive, he's almost a 100 years old now.

Reactions: Eternal Eyes
Eternal Eyes

Eternal Eyes

Student
Dec 3, 2023
Jimmy Carter is one of very few people to lead a nation who actually seems to be a fundamentally decent and kind human being based on his actions post presidency. Sadly, I think he will always be overshadowed by the Iran hostage crisis, as well as things like the "malaise speech". I asked someone who lived through his presidency once and was told "bad president, great person".

I was always taught in school that Herbert Hoover was the worst, I mean, when slums in inner cities are named after you (Hooverville) you know you fucked up pretty bad. I will admit though I know very, very little about Presidents pre ww2.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Jimmy Carter is one of very few people to lead a nation who actually seems to be a fundamentally decent and kind human being based on his actions post presidency. Sadly, I think he will always be overshadowed by the Iran hostage crisis, as well as things like the "malaise speech". I asked someone who lived through his presidency once and was told "bad president, great person".

I was always taught in school that Herbert Hoover was the worst, I mean, when slums in inner cities are named after you (Hooverville) you know you fucked up pretty bad. I will admit though I know very, very little about Presidents pre ww2.
Thats interesting that two people have said about Carter. I know his ex secret service director.

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
My favorite on policy is FDR, except for his internment of Japanese Americans and his deliberate choice not to support even the slightest feasible advancement in minority civil rights for the time, those were both pretty terrible

His idea of creating a labor corps created vital infrastructure, jobs, and skills-based education for millions, which is an idea that today could create a higher standard of living for both the laborers and their communities and give disaffected people a stake in society

My favorite overall is Abraham Lincoln

I like Barack Obama as well. Politics aside, he was someone whose speaches I listened to as a kid, and he always tried to unite everyone, regardless of their background, for the betterment of society. He was very well spoken, like George Bush, and even the republicans and his opponent respected him for his ability to speak and to unite Americans past their differences. When I was 5 the whole school packed into the gymnasium to watch his inauguration and they told us it was a historic event. People were literally out in the streets celebrating that night.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkRange55
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Do I want everyone here to like me?

Best: FDR, Woodrow Wilson, Biden, Obama, Clinton, Johnson

Worst: Trump, Reagan, Coolidge, Eisenhower, Bush, Bush, Nixon

Do I want everyone here to hate me? Same but reverse it.

• Yay!
Reactions: DarkRange55
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
My favorite on policy is FDR, except for his internment of Japanese Americans and his deliberate choice not to support even the slightest feasible advancement in minority civil rights for the time, those were both pretty terrible

His idea of creating a labor corps created vital infrastructure, jobs, and skills-based education for millions, which is an idea that today could create a higher standard of living for both the laborers and their communities and give disaffected people a stake in society

My favorite overall is Abraham Lincoln

I like Barack Obama as well. Politics aside, he was someone whose speaches I listened to as a kid, and he always tried to unite everyone, regardless of their background, for the betterment of society. He was very well spoken, like George Bush, and even the republicans and his opponent respected him for his ability to speak and to unite Americans past their differences. When I was 5 the whole school packed into the gymnasium to watch his inauguration and they told us it was a historic event. People were literally out in the streets celebrating that night.
FDR also did turn away that boat of Jewish refugees… (see Voyage of the Damned)

The creating jobs one I want to come back to so lets stick a pin 📌 in that for now

Obama really was a great statesman and a great speaker and very eloquent. But to me he was maybe mediocre as far as presidential accomplishments go. Even when he had control over the Senate and the house and mostly over the courts, the only serious legislation that they could get past was the most absolute water down healthcare bill possible that almost got repealed. It was absolutely not universal healthcare, but it was a step in the right direction and it did have its flaws.
Clinton was very charismatic and charming. Even magnetic. I remember watching his inauguration speech.

• Informative
Reactions: Blurry_Buildings