ericwilkinson

ericwilkinson

Jun 25, 2019
Not for getting benzos but just discussing where you live,how much you get prescribed, withdrawal, effects...etc

I live in Ireland and when you go to the G.P., psychiatrist, they might as well have gone back to the 1900s. Refuse to give you any benzo and if they do, it's an incredibly small amount. I hear this is the same for the UK.

What is your experience with getting them prescribed and do you suffer withdrawal?

J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
US, my psychiatrist isn't a good one but she'll prescribe me anything I want to get me out of the office.

I have Klonopin, .5mg, I've only taken it 3 times and only half, but damn it works so well. It's ofr my really bad ADHD/OCD/possible autism spectrum stuff. It's the only thing that slows my brain down enough to get things done. I don't want to get hooked but might have to CTB if I can't get anything done so it's a catch 22 like everything else. I'll probably get hooked on these.

But I don't know anything about withdrawal yet. I think that comes into play if you take them daily for a few weeks or something, but I bet a lot of people on this forum know more about that than me. I 100% can see how people can get hooked though, it does give you relief and slows things down for people who have really high anxiety. I also see why so many ex-military and cops get hooked. I could see how they help with PTSD. It kind of keeps you more in the moment.

Reactions: azucaramargo
Throwaway9787

Throwaway9787

Mage
Jun 27, 2019
I have some clonazolam powder and flualprzolam but I can't dose clonazolam since it's so powerful. Etizolam powder you can fuck with

G

Grief

May 25, 2019
I took .25mg of Klonopin, mostly in the morning and sometimes again at night for a few months. Feelings of anxiety subside and makes you relaxed/sleepy, but only for a few hours. They were prescribed along with Lexapro for complicated grief and Trazodone for insomnia because I had an extreme panic attack to the first Lexapro I took. I had so many side effects from Lexapro and Trazodone that I discontinued these (gradually for Lexapro) and was taking only Klonopin .25mg every day and sometimes skipped a day. When I stopped, I had withdrawal symptoms for a week that were very intense; a sharper edged anxiety that was extremely uncomfortable. I should have gone down to .125mg before discontinuing. Unlike an SSRI, the relief when you take Klonopin is immediate and no uncomfortable side effects. But it is easy to develop a craving and desire to take more, especially if you are having a particularly bad day. Doctors don't like to prescribe benzos if you are suicidal or have a family history.

Last edited:
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I take 3-5 mg of Xanax a day depending on the situations at hand. Have been for about.. 6 years now if my math is correct. I've definitely had withdrawals as I tried to stop cold turkey once and lasted a week before going back on.

My psych recently tried switching me to Valium and it was a nightmare. I was hyper-emotional, made my anxiety worse, etc. Not sure what happened there. Back on my Xanax now.

Throwaway9787

Throwaway9787

Mage
Jun 27, 2019
I take 3-5 mg of Xanax a day depending on the situations at hand. Have been for about.. 6 years now if my math is correct. I've definitely had withdrawals as I tried to stop cold turkey once and lasted a week before going back on.

My psych recently tried switching me to Valium and it was a nightmare. I was hyper-emotional, made my anxiety worse, etc. Not sure what happened there. Back on my Xanax now.
damn that sucks

ericwilkinson

ericwilkinson

Jun 25, 2019
You guys live in the
US, my psychiatrist isn't a good one but she'll prescribe me anything I want to get me out of the office.

lol...from my perspective, that would be the definition of a good psychiatrist.

I'm so jealous of you Americans. The psychiatrists here seldom prescribe benzos.

A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
been taking them for more than 20 years, regularly switching between long/short acting (loraz/cloraz) withdrawal as often as possible
I do lower the dosage as often as I can, I learned that pretty quickly, if I dont my body adapts fast and after some weeks I'd keep increasing the dosage until....so I'm pretty much in constant withdrawal, that's why I've been able to take it for 20 years and it's still effective.
my doc didn't really know anything about it back then, so I had to learn by myself

my average dosage is between 3-4 Lorazepam 1mg a day or 15-30 mg clorazepate

prescription, well, it's pretty easy where I live, I almost write it myself

Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
I used to take one 0.5 mg clonazepam each night. It was the only medication prescribed by my psychiatrist that actually worked, and it was wonderful. It helped with my GAD and I could also sleep better while I was taking it. I stopped taking it when I stopped going to the psychiatrist, but I plan on getting it illegally along with ritalin to treat myself instead of having to rely my health on other people. I may have been not taking them long enough, but I didn't experience any severe withdrawal symptoms.

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
I've used prescribed and non-prescribed over the years, but always done my best to avoid getting a habit.
When I went to prison, they made me choose whether to have them every day or not at all.
I chose everyday. Incredibly, on finishing my sentence, I had NOT developed a habit.
Maybe that isn't still the case though

I

Intelligent_Lobster

I knew taking this picture would come in handy
Mar 30, 2019

I have Klonopin, .5mg, I've only taken it 3 times and only half, but damn it works so well. It's ofr my really bad ADHD/OCD/possible autism spectrum stuff. It's the only thing that slows my brain down enough to get things done. I don't want to get hooked but might have to CTB if I can't get anything done so it's a catch 22 like everything else. I'll probably get hooked on these.

But I don't know anything about withdrawal yet. I think that comes into play if you take them daily for a few weeks or something, but I bet a lot of people on this forum know more about that than me. I 100% can see how people can get hooked though, it does give you relief and slows things down for people who have really high anxiety. I also see why so many ex-military and cops get hooked. I could see how they help with PTSD. It kind of keeps you more in the moment.
Kpin is DOPE. the only benzo I've ever liked.

Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
I have alprazolam and oxazepam. It helps me to get asleep. I doibt I could kms with that though.