• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

APharmaDestroyedLife

APharmaDestroyedLife

Your RX drugs are likely your real problem
Nov 4, 2019
Known by the brand Benadryl and Unisom in the USA (diphenhydramine) is found in many otc allergy pills and sleep aids.

25MG is a standard dose. Some people here use benedryl daily I am sure, so this may not apply to them as they have a tolerance to it.

Today I took 75 mg of diphenhydramine, not trying to CTB (obviousley) , but to counter some negative effects of another med. Still 75mg is only triple the recommended dose, so I did not expect any side effects...

5 minutes in my Hands and Feet were Ice cold, blood pressure dropped, heart rate skyrocketed and I was having problems with balance and a massive panic attack that was probably brought on by my inability to swallow properly. I kept feeling like I was choking on my saliva.

Just a warning to those out there who may be using this drug to counter the effects of other drugs... Start slow... This was a terrifying experience. I can't believe this is an OTC Medication.

This of course could just be my personal experience, but be careful. It also could have been a drug interaction, or maybe I am just sensitive to drugs, but it was pretty scary for a few hours.

Here is a list of OD symptoms, i got them by doing a simple google search. Keep in mind an OD can be a relatively low dose.

An overdose of Benadryl may result in extreme drowsiness, blurred vision, increased heart rate, confusion, seizures – even coma. Other symptoms may include dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, unsteadiness, high blood pressure, and hallucinations. When used in excess or for long periods of time, users may experience serious mental complications and dementia-type symptoms.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: sadghost, foreverbroken28, highlyvolatile and 2 others
the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
I've never experienced anything like that, but thank you for the heads up!

Reactions: highlyvolatile and APharmaDestroyedLife
NotMeantForHere

NotMeantForHere

I want to go like Marilyn Monroe
Feb 6, 2020
Wow. Yea be careful with that...

Reactions: APharmaDestroyedLife and highlyvolatile
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I'm still floating around if you need me. :heart:

Reactions: APharmaDestroyedLife
SleepyTime

SleepyTime

Oct 10, 2019
While I am sorry to hear that you experienced side effects, I need to correct one of your assertions.

"25MG is a standard dose... Still 75mg is only triple the recommended dose..."

The recommended dose for Benadryl is 1-2 tablets for Adults and Children 12 and over.
So the label states that 25-50 mg is the recommended dose - every 4-6 hours.
There are many generic versions of Benadryl that even come as 50 mg tablets, so 50 mg is a recommended dose.

Again, I am sorry about your experience. But, as you stated, Diphenhydramine is used in many many OTC drugs. Since one of the side effects is drowsiness, it is the main ingredient is just about every "sleep aid" that is available without a prescription.

However, I do agree that sometimes people can have reactions to this drug. I sometimes take Benadryl to help me sleep (with alcohol, but I digress). About 20 years ago I ended up in the ER with an OD to Benadryl. I had previously had an allergic reaction to penicillin and was treated while I was on a trip to Washington DC. I was given Benadryl in addition to steroids. When I returned home my physician gave me another OTC prescription for pills and also a spray to help with the welts from the allergic reaction. Stupid me, they were all various forms of Diphenhydramine. I ended up taking the regular prescriptions from DC and the additional ones that my regular doctor prescribed. I ended up in the ER because of all the various types of Benadryl that I was taking.

Also, you say that you took it to counteract another med. I only take it when I am going to bed, so maybe your reaction is with this other medication. Anyway, I think anyone taking a new medicine should always start with the lowest possible dose to see if they have a reaction. This sounds like the advise people give regarding Meto since some people have reactions and you want to find out if you're in this group before it ruins/interrupts your CTB.

• Wow
Reactions: foreverbroken28 and GoodPersonEffed
foreverbroken28

foreverbroken28

I've gone off the deep end.
Jul 11, 2019
Known by the brand Benadryl and Unisom in the USA (diphenhydramine) is found in many otc allergy pills and sleep aids.

25MG is a standard dose. Some people here use benedryl daily I am sure, so this may not apply to them as they have a tolerance to it.

Today I took 75 mg of diphenhydramine, not trying to CTB (obviousley) , but to counter some negative effects of another med. Still 75mg is only triple the recommended dose, so I did not expect any side effects...

5 minutes in my Hands and Feet were Ice cold, blood pressure dropped, heart rate skyrocketed and I was having problems with balance and a massive panic attack that was probably brought on by my inability to swallow properly. I kept feeling like I was choking on my saliva.

Just a warning to those out there who may be using this drug to counter the effects of other drugs... Start slow... This was a terrifying experience. I can't believe this is an OTC Medication.

This of course could just be my personal experience, but be careful. It also could have been a drug interaction, or maybe I am just sensitive to drugs, but it was pretty scary for a few hours.

Here is a list of OD symptoms, i got them by doing a simple google search. Keep in mind an OD can be a relatively low dose.

An overdose of Benadryl may result in extreme drowsiness, blurred vision, increased heart rate, confusion, seizures – even coma. Other symptoms may include dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, unsteadiness, high blood pressure, and hallucinations. When used in excess or for long periods of time, users may experience serious mental complications and dementia-type symptoms.

I'm sorry this was your experience. I've been addicted to Unisom for about 9 years now because they help numb my intense emotions from Borderline Personality. They also stopped me from CTB prematurely last year.

I literally cannot go a day without it or I have withdrawals and I have come close to seizures on them, now have forgetful memory and can barely function, really. Some of those side effects are true but I won't give up these pills for the world until it's close to time for me to CTB.

I've taken up to 250mg without any side effects.. One time they didn't even work - All 5 of them.

Reactions: Coateseatsgoatsnboat
Carrotcake

Carrotcake

Experienced
Nov 27, 2019
I take diphenhydramine occasionally to help me sleep. I have tablets of 50mg and take 2 to 4 at a time, depending on how desperate I am for sleep.

So I don't think 75mg is an extreme dosage.

However, I do believe there can be interactions with other drugs. You can check this out on the drugs.com interaction checker.

• Love
Reactions: sadghost and foreverbroken28
Deathcabforugly

Deathcabforugly

Apr 25, 2020
I took 60 dyphenhydromines once.....nothing

S

Schweppes

Espresso Depresso
Apr 20, 2020
I've taken diphenhydramine with doses upto 1500mg, I like it tbf although I can totally understand why others dont.

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I took 100mg diphenhydramine one night and the next morning I woke up feeling awful. I was really groggy and I had a headache. I left the house before my mom got up so she wouldn't see me like that. I'm kind of surprised I made it to the park a couple blocks away. It was difficult walking, my legs felt heavy, and I felt like I was going to pass out. I somehow managed to lose 2 gloves, both from different pairs, on my way to the park. I also remember feeling really hot so I took my coat off and I still felt warm. I don't remember the temperature, but it was winter and there was snow on the ground. I normally take 50mg at night, so this was a double dose for me.

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Dyphenhydramine is an anti-histamine, correct?

Because if yes, then I know from my brother, who has severe pollen allergies, that it made him so miserable that he rather faced the allergic reactions—which for him means not going outside half of the summer season.

Coateseatsgoatsnboat

Coateseatsgoatsnboat

Jun 22, 2020
I'm sorry this was your experience. I've been addicted to Unisom for about 9 years now because they help numb my intense emotions from Borderline Personality. They also stopped me from CTB prematurely last year.

I literally cannot go a day without it or I have withdrawals and I have come close to seizures on them, now have forgetful memory and can barely function, really. Some of those side effects are true but I won't give up these pills for the world until it's close to time for me to CTB.

I've taken up to 250mg without any side effects.. One time they didn't even work - All 5 of them.
I thought I was alone! I am addicted to Benadryl for 10 years now, it helps my bpd!

FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
I have built up a very strong tolerance to this med, taking 175mg every night along with other meds to help me sleep. Even checked to see what was needed for an overdose when my other sleep meds ran out. I do know some people use them for trips - never had that experience, and I know of one case where someone used benedryl and alcohol to successfully ctb. I fondly remember the days when taking a few made be sleepy. Those were the days!