snailboy

snailboy

(๑ᵕ⌓ᵕ̤)
Mar 1, 2023
Im a senior, been out of the closet for nearing two years, on testosterone, socially transitioned, name legally changed, and yet it's still a battle everyday.

people are quick to label my school as supportive but they do the bare minimum, and only when repeatedly asked to do so. I had to bother them several times about simply changing my name on admin-managed school accounts, giving me access to the gender neutral bathroom (a very rundown, unkempt single stall bathroom) and other similar things.

im in a weight lifting class and still have to change in the girls locker room. i always change in one of the bathroom stalls as i have to take off my chest binder and switch into a sports bra to work out. the gym class teacher (not even my teacher, her class just shares the locker room) has repeatedly yelled at me and other trans students to hurry up for the people that "actually need to use the bathroom stalls". i know it's probably frustrating given there are only three stalls for two classes of students but im not comfortable with being fully topless in an open lockeroom, and no one has even offered me an alternative solution.

i've advocated for myself consistently over the years for my trans identity, disabilities, mental health, etc but it gets exhausting. sometimes i want people to use common sense and think that maybe a transmasc person doesn't want to use the girls locker room without me having to schedule appointments with the administrators and ask for another option.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: CTB Dream, Dead Meat, SexyIncél and 2 others
S

ShesNotThere

Apr 1, 2023
I'm sorry, OP.

School does not make any of this shit easier.

How long until you graduate?

Stay strong.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
snailboy

snailboy

(๑ᵕ⌓ᵕ̤)
Mar 1, 2023
I'm sorry, OP.

School does not make any of this shit easier.

How long until you graduate?

Stay strong.
i graduate june 3rd, just trying to survive until then tbh. spring break was nice at least

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and Dead Meat
S

ShesNotThere

Apr 1, 2023
i graduate june 3rd, just trying to survive until then tbh. spring break was nice at least
You've got this.

Just know that we all have your back.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, Dead Meat, snailboy and 1 other person
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
High school was hellish enough for me, and I was closeted. I can't even imagine how it is to have to constantly deal with those roadblocks.

To be honest, I always just left whenever gym class happened because of the anxiety and visceral discomfort I got in the boys' locker room.

Unfortunately being trans means there will always be struggles. I hope you can escape the bullshit, man.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: snailboy, CTB Dream and Dead Meat
I

itsallpointless

Experienced
Feb 9, 2023
Just wondering, where is the most trans friendly place on the planet?
Would it be realistic for you to set a goal to move there? Is it San Fran?

Reactions: snailboy
Q

qsocdu

Oct 9, 2022
Maybe Thailand, you can see them working at local shops and at the airport too.
Im a senior, been out of the closet for nearing two years, on testosterone, socially transitioned, name legally changed, and yet it's still a battle everyday.

people are quick to label my school as supportive but they do the bare minimum, and only when repeatedly asked to do so. I had to bother them several times about simply changing my name on admin-managed school accounts, giving me access to the gender neutral bathroom (a very rundown, unkempt single stall bathroom) and other similar things.

im in a weight lifting class and still have to change in the girls locker room. i always change in one of the bathroom stalls as i have to take off my chest binder and switch into a sports bra to work out. the gym class teacher (not even my teacher, her class just shares the locker room) has repeatedly yelled at me and other trans students to hurry up for the people that "actually need to use the bathroom stalls". i know it's probably frustrating given there are only three stalls for two classes of students but im not comfortable with being fully topless in an open lockeroom, and no one has even offered me an alternative solution.

i've advocated for myself consistently over the years for my trans identity, disabilities, mental health, etc but it gets exhausting. sometimes i want people to use common sense and think that maybe a transmasc person doesn't want to use the girls locker room without me having to schedule appointments with the administrators and ask for another option.
Would having a remote job and staying at home resolve your main problems?

snailboy

snailboy

(๑ᵕ⌓ᵕ̤)
Mar 1, 2023
I live in Oregon which is actually a super trans-accepting state, I just unfortunately happen to live in a more rural and transphobic town. I hope in the near future I can move to Portland or maybe even further up to Seattle. I've been to both cities and absolutely fell in love seeing how diverse and accepting they were, at least compared to my home town.
Maybe Thailand, you can see them working at local shops and at the airport too.

Would having a remote job and staying at home resolve your main problems?
I've debated starting online or homeschooling many times but decided not to for a few reasons. As much as school has always sucked for me I still enjoy bits of it that I wouldn't get at home. I love the extracurricular activities I'm in as well as the few friends I have and I don't want to give that up. And as stubborn as it sounds, I want to be an older trans role model to the underclassmen. I have another trans friend who is a freshman and its fulfilling to help him navigate highschool as a trans person.

Last edited: