ocdrowsy

ocdrowsy

Apr 30, 2023
I fucking hate being called sensitive, if I could just turn off feeling intense emotions I would but I cannot, I cannot help to feel intense pain/emotion or feel deep dread all the fucking time because I know I'll probably put an end to my time alive soon.

They will never understand, never understand the pain we have to deal with everyday, the constant stress, it's never a quiet day there is ALWAYS something that makes me feel on edge everyday so while I try to make it thru the day without just shouting and crying like a baby I'm called sensitive because I'm just trying to keep it together and little annoying things make me so prone to lashing out. They never ask so they think you're just being a little bitch and when you do try to explain urself they simply don't care or don't remember to

I want to scream so badly, I want to fight something, I want to feel like I'm alive and that feeling everything so deeply is for a reason but all it ever is, just a crushing weight of dread and sadness, at least u can you use anger to fuel urself I just feel so overstimulated all the time, it's just too much

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: M.O.N, Sannti, pyroxenic and 12 others
Shatteredhearts824

Shatteredhearts824

It doesn't get better.
Aug 8, 2023
I feel the exact same way when people just don't understand one bit. I've tried my best to vent about my ex to my former friends but they simply don't fucking understand what's going on.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ocdrowsy and CTB Dream
Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
I hate feeling things so strongly too. Everyone says things will get better but they don't feel emotions the same way. Just because they can get over things or let stuff go doesn't mean I'm capable of operating the same way. It sucks when people don't realize that, but they criticize you for being too emotional.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Whited Sepulchre, pyroxenic, ocdrowsy and 4 others
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
I remember a therapist I saw when I still lived close to NYC; her office was just by Lincoln Center and I always liked the walk to those appointments. Anyhow, I told her one day about how I'd always been told I was too sensitive and she said, "You're sensitive. Period." And it was more than alright to be sensitive. The whole being told I was too sensitive was gas lighting, and it had been happening nearly all of my life.

I finally felt like woah - this therapist fucking gets it. She taught me the term self-care as well. I hadn't known of that concept and when she told me about it, it felt like a revelation.

Reactions: ocdrowsy
FadingSunshine

FadingSunshine

Nothing lasts forever.
Jul 8, 2023
I fucking hate being called sensitive, if I could just turn off feeling intense emotions I would but I cannot, I cannot help to feel intense pain/emotion or feel deep dread all the fucking time because I know I'll probably put an end to my time alive soon.

They will never understand, never understand the pain we have to deal with everyday, the constant stress, it's never a quiet day there is ALWAYS something that makes me feel on edge everyday so while I try to make it thru the day without just shouting and crying like a baby I'm called sensitive because I'm just trying to keep it together and little annoying things make me so prone to lashing out. They never ask so they think you're just being a little bitch and when you do try to explain urself they simply don't care or don't remember to

I want to scream so badly, I want to fight something, I want to feel like I'm alive and that feeling everything so deeply is for a reason but all it ever is, just a crushing weight of dread and sadness, at least u can you use anger to fuel urself I just feel so overstimulated all the time, it's just too much
To live in a perfect little world where everything is fine and dandy and your biggest worry is if their car is clean enough or if they should mow the lawn.

Fuck them. They don't have the right to criticize you, they know absolutely nothing about your situation. They can call you sensitive, it doesn't change the dact that you're being extremely brave continuing to live and deal with their bullshit when the sweet release of death could be just around the corner. Whatever they say, just know that you are doing your best, and that's all that matters.

• Love
Reactions: ocdrowsy
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
I can relate. You're born super sensitive. Anyone who tells you to 'turn it down' is ignorant and patronising. Unfortunately most people believe it's an adopted trait and they see you as weak.

• Love
Reactions: Whited Sepulchre, ocdrowsy and anhedonicNfoggy
Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
Yep, that's what everyone calls me. My family justifies their abuse by calling me sensitive and that I felt too much apparently. I think the abuse in my life made me sensitive in the first place.Im sorry that you have to suffer so much, and I hope you gain the inner peace that you desire.

• Love
Reactions: ocdrowsy and anhedonicNfoggy
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
People just dont care and don't want to hear it.

I was so overly sensitive and serious all the time but everyone walked away and got fed up.

Now days I just keep quiet and hide it.

Reactions: Whited Sepulchre, anhedonicNfoggy, unfortunatelyhere and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Sadly I think that most people won't even try to understand, it's awful to me how other people can make existing worse just by being insensitive. But anyway it must be so tiring and dreadful what you are going through, existing really can be so torturous.

Reactions: Whited Sepulchre and ocdrowsy
ocdrowsy

ocdrowsy

Apr 30, 2023
I feel the exact same way when people just don't understand one bit. I've tried my best to vent about my ex to my former friends but they simply don't fucking understand what's going on.
I'm sorry to hear about your ex :( I know exactly what you mean, and sometimes it feels like you're so open and receptive to your friends thoughts and feelings but when it comes to you they just don't understand how much it fucking hurts

I hate feeling things so strongly too. Everyone says things will get better but they don't feel emotions the same way. Just because they can get over things or let stuff go doesn't mean I'm capable of operating the same way. It sucks when people don't realize that, but they criticize you for being too emotional.
Exactly this, it feels like you're just stuck. And when you can't even express that intensity without it just being shrugged it, it makes it feel worse
I remember a therapist I saw when I still lived close to NYC; her office was just by Lincoln Center and I always liked the walk to those appointments. Anyhow, I told her one day about how I'd always been told I was too sensitive and she said, "You're sensitive. Period." And it was more than alright to be sensitive. The whole being told I was too sensitive was gas lighting, and it had been happening nearly all of my life.

I finally felt like woah - this therapist fucking gets it. She taught me the term self-care as well. I hadn't known of that concept and when she told me about it, it felt like a revelation.
she sound amazing :) feels nice to actually be understood and seen like that!!
Yep, that's what everyone calls me. My family justifies their abuse by calling me sensitive and that I felt too much apparently. I think the abuse in my life made me sensitive in the first place.Im sorry that you have to suffer so much, and I hope you gain the inner peace that you desire.
that's awful I'm sorry, maybe the upside to feeling everything so intensely also means you can relate and actually feel and allow similar people to feel understood as well

• Hugs
Reactions: Kerrtu
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I am aware of how sensitive I am. Waaaaay too sensitive - which is why I've been hurt too many times. I am an empath who feels what others feel - sadness, anger, etc. I always fall for the person who appears to need help - once I help them then I'm discarded. It's a two edged sword. This is who I am - an actual human, on the other side I've been hurt by people I've trusted and it's very painful. One of the reasons I will be ctb. There are few people like me left - most humans are out for themselves and fuck everybody else. I can't change who I am. So, I'll just ctb to avoid the continuing pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: nejtack
Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
I'm sorry to hear about your ex :( I know exactly what you mean, and sometimes it feels like you're so open and receptive to your friends thoughts and feelings but when it comes to you they just don't understand how much it fucking hurts

Exactly this, it feels like you're just stuck. And when you can't even express that intensity without it just being shrugged it, it makes it feel worse

that's awful I'm sorry, maybe the upside to feeling everything so intensely also means you can relate and actually feel and allow similar people to feel understood as well
Thanks, but I feel like it's a curse because this ability to feel everything so deeply takes a huge toll on me. Its actually one of the reasons why I want to CTB

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I've always viewed sensitivity as crying or being offended. Being stressed out seems different. Ocd is hell

Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023

I think of her from time to time, a great therapist indeed. And yes, it felt nice to communicate without being smacked into submission.

777cave

Aug 11, 2023
Highly Sensitive Person is a real thing. Many people don't know about it, and I suspect that even if they did, they still wouldn't accept you as you are.

S

Sad Avocado

Those things I've never said
May 27, 2023
Emotions is what brought here most of us, if not all. It's really painful and frustrating to finally find the courage and the energy needed to tell people about your condition and your sufferings, and after doing that, they call you sensitive. Like that talking about your problems wasn't painful enough, you also get to see people minimise your situation and tell you that you're overreacting.

• Hugs
Reactions: Whited Sepulchre and Larysa
iloveeetreeeess1

iloveeetreeeess1

Sep 18, 2023
I have been called sensitive, and overly emotional my entire existence on this planet. Its an extremely isolating experience when you cant seem to conjure up the words to explain why you are feeling, and reacting this way. I relate to this all too well and hope you know you are not the only one experiencing this <3