feder

feder

I'm more scarred more scarred than my wrist is.
Apr 13, 2023
All my life I've felt like I dont understand people at all, certain situations and behaviors confuse me and I end up acting werid.
I have a social circle but it's just a couple people.
I've been to clubs and partyes mostly because of said social circle.
But I did not enjoy myself, I always end up acting werid or boring.
That really depresses me because I don't understand how I'm supposed to meet new people or a partner with such poor social skills.
Makes me want to isolate myself from everyone since it feels like I'm not good enough for people to care about me.
Can anyone relate?

• Love
Reactions: Lumina, Minsu, F&Inside and 5 others
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
100% I can relate. my irl social circle was really more of a social line since there was only me and one friend. she took me to parties and clubs but I was constantly the awkward quiet one. "Fox why are you so quiet?"

I was completely alone for many years. I made some friends online, even met a long distance partner. but that all broke down and I am mostly completely alone again. it's hard, and depresses me too.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lumina, feder, vcregs and 2 others
EndJstifiesTheMeans

EndJstifiesTheMeans

Bad english, didn't go to school sorry
May 14, 2023
One of the worst thing honestly, i really want to be friends and liked by people but didn't know "how to talk" and stuff

Pesonally its a consequences of bad parents, no school, and lived as hikikomori almost all my life

• Hugs
Reactions: feder and AllFoxedOut
AnxietyHangover

AnxietyHangover

Global Moderator
Aug 20, 2022
The wave of terrible anxiety that probably many of you already felt yourselves is really disheartening when I'm trying to meet someone new. It makes me want to go back to my shell.

• Love
Reactions: feder
guinea-pig

guinea-pig

:0
Jul 31, 2023
Yeah, I have a lot of social anxiety and I get to the point where I start shaking a lot and I hate it because I feel like people think I'm on drugs or something because even my head will shake. I also lost a lot of social skills over time of me not having friends or anyone to talk to except one person. It's hard to meet people and find friends when I am like this.

• Love
Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
I can relate. I'm struggling with social anxiety and I just can't act 'normally' in social situations. I always end up acting awkward/weird/cringy 😔

Last edited:
  • Love
feder

feder

I'm more scarred more scarred than my wrist is.
Apr 13, 2023
100% I can relate. my irl social circle was really more of a social line since there was only me and one friend. she took me to parties and clubs but I was constantly the awkward quiet one. "Fox why are you so quiet?"

I was completely alone for many years. I made some friends online, even met a long distance partner. but that all broke down and I am mostly completely alone again. it's hard, and depresses me too.
Yes, being the quiet one during social events has always been the case for me too. I'm sorry that you are alone, hopefully at least here you can find some people.
One of the worst thing honestly, i really want to be friends and liked by people but didn't know "how to talk" and stuff

Pesonally its a consequences of bad parents, no school, and lived as hikikomori almost all my life
Having to conform to social norms to make friendships sucks alot. Having to talk and act a certain way, even if you are a little different, people usually lose interest.
Yeah, I have a lot of social anxiety and I get to the point where I start shaking a lot and I hate it because I feel like people think I'm on drugs or something because even my head will shake. I also lost a lot of social skills over time of me not having friends or anyone to talk to except one person. It's hard to meet people and find friends when I am like this.
That sounds terrible, having social anxiety is a real struggle. When you isolate yourself it's easy to lose the social skills you already had even if they were minimal. I'm sorry you are feeling like this.
I can relate. I'm struggling with social anxiety and I just can't act 'normally' in social situations. I always end up acting awkward/weird/cringy 😔
Acting ackward and werid is so relatable. Sometimes it feels like I know what people are thinking after I acted cringe, they never say it, but it's obvious they felt bad and don't want to talk anymore.

Thank you guys, I feel a little better knowing there are people who also go through things like that.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: EndJstifiesTheMeans and AllFoxedOut
Mxverick

Mxverick

Aug 12, 2023
I'm in the same situation as you, in the past I couldn't socialize with anyone other than a few childhood friends of mine. I spend all day on the internet or working out alone, it's strange to me how I can enjoy myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: feder and AllFoxedOut
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
Yes, being the quiet one during social events has always been the case for me too. I'm sorry that you are alone, hopefully at least here you can find some people.
I have been lucky enough to get close to someone! but truthfully most of the people here are very kind and compassionate (you included) which I very much appreciate.

• Hugs
squareminus1

squareminus1

Aug 12, 2023
I don't know, I don't have many friends but I can hold my own in work situations and meetinfs which is a good sign, when my girlfriend takes me to things I am never that bad. I just always have this lingering feeling in the back of my head that regardless of how "kind" or "amicable" I am coming off that everyone always has or will have some reason to hate me eventually. I have had large social groups in the past and ruined it all with them due to my shitty attitude to some things in life. Even with my girlfriend i just know that eventually she'll find out what I am and it will scar her. It's why I am on here, thinking catching the bus is a way to perminantly stop myself hurting others. Even if they hurt initially they can recover from my death but they will not recover from me continuing to live and bother them.