P

PI3.14

Oct 4, 2024
Being 5'5 guy has literally destroyed my health, career, and my social life. I'm late twenties virgin.

I don't know if want to continue living anymore. What is the point if living if I'm looked at as an inferior to average and tall guys. I can't afford the limb lengthening. My parents can, but they think it's stupid and will never pay for it.

I guess I can just die and be done with all of this. It angers me that I'm the creation of my parents and my height is due to their genes and despite knowing this and having the money for the surgery, they still won't pay for it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: BrownDalmatian, DrinkyCrow, NoPoint2Life and 4 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
How has being short destroyed your health, career, and social life? I've seen plenty of short guys with great careers, health, and social lives before, so I don't get how your height ruined your life...

I'm not saying this to be rude, btw. I'm genuinely confused.

Reactions: DrinkyCrow, heavyeyes, moonoverthesea and 5 others
P

PI3.14

Oct 4, 2024
How has being short destroyed your health, career, and social life? I've seen plenty of short guys with great careers, health, and social lives before, so I don't get how your height ruined your life...

I'm not saying this to be rude, btw. I'm genuinely confused.
It caused me severe depression and anxiety (diagnosed by a psychiatrist).

The feeling you are not desired as a 5'5 hurts like nothing else. All the advice I see on the internet are nothing but cope.

memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
Being 5'5 guy has literally destroyed my health, career, and my social life. I'm late twenties virgin.

I don't know if want to continue living anymore. What is the point if living if I'm looked at as an inferior to average and tall guys. I can't afford the limb lengthening. My parents can, but they think it's stupid and will never pay for it.

I guess I can just die and be done with all of this. It angers me that I'm the creation of my parents and my height is due to their genes and despite knowing this and having the money for the surgery, they still won't pay for it.
I've never heard of limb lengthening.

I'm so sorry. This isn't going to help you much but Bono is 5'6, Michael J. Fox is 5'4, Prince was only 5'2 and James Madison became President of the United States at 5'4.

I can top you, I'm in my 40's and still a virgin.

Last edited:
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
It caused me severe depression and anxiety (diagnosed by a psychiatrist).

The feeling you are not desired as a 5'5 hurts like nothing else. All the advice I see on the internet are nothing but cope.
So it's the depression caused by your height that are causing these issues?

disjectamembra

disjectamembra

the universe is going to catch you
Oct 1, 2024
im sorry you feel this way. i get being miserable bcus of feeling like youre not desirable enough

P

PI3.14

Oct 4, 2024
So it's the depression caused by your height that are causing these issues?
Yes. I take medicine for it. I see both a psychiatrist(to adjust doses or to change meds) and I have been also seeing therapist. The therapist though is useless but I keep going just for venting. CBT model is useless when your beliefs are actually supported by studies and are not just some mental distortions.

Reactions: KillingPain267
P

PI3.14

Oct 4, 2024
Its not important look at Danny DeVito.
He is from a different generation. No online dating back then that allows you to filter by height and that floods women with infinite men to pick and choose from.

Plus, exceptions never define the rule.

• Hugs
Reactions: BrownDalmatian and JR_Timm
Ganymede

Ganymede

Sep 17, 2024
It's crazy how people will tell you that it's all about self esteem when genetics literally determine your entire life. A short guy would always look better if he was taller and that's a fact.

Reactions: BrownDalmatian