brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
True or false?

Reactions: Rocinante
destinationlosangel

destinationlosangel

Experienced
Feb 16, 2024
Yes true but even knowing about things cannot sometimes prevent things. It is just how it is.

Reactions: sserafim
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
Both! It can be true and it can be false. It depends on the situation, it depends on who is doing the action and to whom is the action being done to. It is direct responsability if, say, you give birth and raise a child in a bad environment when you know it's a bad environment but you pretend that it isn't. It is indirect if a child is born and raised by someone else.

There is more to this but I have to think about it. Good topic though!

edit: But for sure there is responsability! Though as @destinationlosangel said, there are times when it is difficult or impossible to change things. : (

Last edited:
Reactions: destinationlosangel and sserafim
Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
It is direct responsability if, say, you give birth and raise a child in a bad environment when you know it's a bad environment but you pretend that it isn't.
That's different from what the quote is saying. Quote's saying you COULD know something but you choose not to know. Eg: you have the opportunity to know whether or not your child is a boy or a girl but you decide not to accept the knowledge. You'd rather wait. This has consequences in that, if you care about the gender of the baby and the representation of that physically, you'll be stuck waiting till the baby's born before you buy blue or pink clothing.

I'm in the position to know about the war that's going on. I shun the knowledge because not knowing will keep me from becoming more depressed. The consequence? I am ignorant to the facts and won't be a good conversationalist on that topic. I'm responsible for choosing to be ignorant. Do I care? No.

Reactions: sserafim