W

waitingforthehappy

Dec 13, 2021
Hello SS - new to the forum. I am 40 years old, and have been suffering from major depression and anxiety since at least my teenage years. Since my mid-20s, I have suffered from chronic headaches, which have no medical solution. I recently survived an attempt. Along with these conditions, I suffer from complex PTSD. Every painful experience I have ever had - small or big, recent or years ago - replays itself in my head again and again. I live my life in a constant state of reliving and attempting to rewrite those experiences in my head. It is constant suffering.

There aren't very many people in my life, but there are 2 people who are attached to me - husband and mother. After my recent attempt, my husband engineered for my mother to live with us so that I am under supervision all/most of the time. I have tried to explain to them my pro-choice stance, and have tried to show them how much legitimate pain I am in, and the fact that my pain has been treatment resistant. Despite all my efforts, they are unbearably pro-life. They refuse to hear. They just want me to live, like living is the only priority, even if it's a life lived in pain.

My mother believes that my problems are self-inflicted, and wants me to change the way I think / snap out of it. She has also put it into my head that if I commit suicide, God will punish me and send me to hell, i.e. eternal suffering.
My husband wants me to get help, i.e. psychiatry and therapy, and gets angry and lashes out when I point out that I have been getting help for years, and it has not helped.

I feel for them. I know they are trying to keep me alive. Despite the difficulties in my relationship with each of them, they are afraid of losing me. Simultaneously, I am in pain all the time, and I have lost faith in the "treatment" modern mental health care has to offer.

I think about death/dying/ctb all the time. The idea of living another 40 to 45 years in order to die naturally feels terribly overwhelming/intolerable. I hurt all the time, and I feel like I am being forced to live by these pro-lifers.

• Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, PDAnnie2610, Emmie and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Nobody should be in a position where they feel like they are forced to live, it is selfish how they expect you to suffer against your wishes. We all have the right to exit at a time of our own choosing, and nobody else should have any say in it. I'm sorry you have to go through this, I understand it is hard to carry on when you are suffering so much. I wish you the best whatever happens.

• Love
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, Bleh, TeaPloom and 3 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
I think at the end of the day you have to make the decision for yourself. It is incredibly unfair for others to force us to stay alive just to spare their own feelings. The prospect of suffering for decades on end is a fate worse than death. We all die eventually. There is no shame in tapping out a little early. It is a tough situation to be in but what other options do we have?

Reactions: blackwhole, Bleh and demuic
little helpers

little helpers

did I tie the tourniquet on my arm or on my neck?
Dec 14, 2021
Hello SS - new to the forum. I am 40 years old, and have been suffering from major depression and anxiety since at least my teenage years. Since my mid-20s, I have suffered from chronic headaches, which have no medical solution. I recently survived an attempt. Along with these conditions, I suffer from complex PTSD. Every painful experience I have ever had - small or big, recent or years ago - replays itself in my head again and again. I live my life in a constant state of reliving and attempting to rewrite those experiences in my head. It is constant suffering.

There aren't very many people in my life, but there are 2 people who are attached to me - husband and mother. After my recent attempt, my husband engineered for my mother to live with us so that I am under supervision all/most of the time. I have tried to explain to them my pro-choice stance, and have tried to show them how much legitimate pain I am in, and the fact that my pain has been treatment resistant. Despite all my efforts, they are unbearably pro-life. They refuse to hear. They just want me to live, like living is the only priority, even if it's a life lived in pain.

My mother believes that my problems are self-inflicted, and wants me to change the way I think / snap out of it. She has also put it into my head that if I commit suicide, God will punish me and send me to hell, i.e. eternal suffering.
My husband wants me to get help, i.e. psychiatry and therapy, and gets angry and lashes out when I point out that I have been getting help for years, and it has not helped.

I feel for them. I know they are trying to keep me alive. Despite the difficulties in my relationship with each of them, they are afraid of losing me. Simultaneously, I am in pain all the time, and I have lost faith in the "treatment" modern mental health care has to offer.

I think about death/dying/ctb all the time. The idea of living another 40 to 45 years in order to die naturally feels terribly overwhelming/intolerable. I hurt all the time, and I feel like I am being forced to live by these pro-lifers.

hell, I relate. like, hardcore. the whole "you caused your own CPTSD" shit and the "you know what, little helpers, go get a shrink fix your goddamn brain damage" ableist drama.

I want you to know that these people are abusing you. it's a fact. and while sometimes people got the support to leave their current abuse, many others can't, and the past haunts us like it's present day, present time. not a break. all the time.

I'm literally in the same place you're at now. I just want peace. tried to block the fucking door so I'd be at least segregated in physical safety. not a chance. break in and snap the tourniquet on my neck with fucking scissors.

I know I'd not be as suicidal if they ain't triggering me constantly, 24/7. but God, they're insistent on torturing me. try as I might, I can never get away.