mob

mob

Student
Jul 19, 2023
I work 40 hours a week, do the same work as everyone else for around 1000$ monthly - I have to pay rent, food, cat food, electricity, et cetera. I'm usually left with my bank account in the negatives at the end of the month.

But that's not even the worst thing — the worst thing is the lack of fucking respect towards me because I'm an apprentice.

I work an office job, and I switched departments - I've been in a different department for 2 months now and my coworker literally makes me want to kill myself, I'm not even joking. Over something small like not doing something she told me to do right away and instead helping out the boss who needed my help right in this moment - (something that wasn't even that urgent, where I would've done it right afterwards), she absolutely lost her shit. She literally started screaming at the top of her lungs how everyone is so lazy and useless. Great! Cool!
She came up to me and told me I'm doing absolutely horribly, despite praising me the whole week before. She doesn't talk to me normally, just in a monotone and annoyed voice, and she loves provoking me. After she stated that everyone makes mistakes and it's fine three weeks ago - I get treated like absolute shit for making mistakes. I'm doing my fucking best but everyone talks to me like I'm useless. That same coworker told me I'm spoiled and don't know how to work because of that and I'm fucking livid. She says that because my partner's mother treats me like I'm her own child, and after being abused for literally 16 years of my life, do I not deserve to be treated nicely by a mother figure? Does that make me spoiled? I'm literally only nineteen, not 50+ like her who's been working that job for over 20 years, how am I supposed to do everything perfectly when this is my first job ever…

I have PTSD due to being abused by my parents, and I absolutely hate when people yell. It sends me straight into flight or fight mode. So after all this happened, I sat there crying, about to go run to the restroom to throw up because it genuinely triggered me so bad. I'm genuinely afraid to go to work tomorrow.

Just reminds me how life literally sucks. I'm born to work for the next (at least) 46 years of my life, retire when I'm too old to be able to enjoy anything. I want out.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SoulCage, divinemistress36, Forveleth and 7 others
P

Phosphate mate

Jan 17, 2024
I got this in my last job. People started taking fucking ownership for the stuff I'd done and not letting me work to their level. Dude who was doing that has now landed a 40k job and I'm sat here like a melon still an apprentice

• Hugs
Reactions: wiinterfrost
SnakesButNoLadder

SnakesButNoLadder

"Don't trip on what is behind you" • UK
Jan 15, 2024
I had a apprenticeship and was bullied into panic attacks, then when I complained I was stalked (or harassed because people seem to stalking can't happen to lads). I have super bad mental health now because of it, probably going to neck myself.

Told the college on a Friday, they said they'd look into it, then they closed the investigation on a Monday. They investigated a company that works weekdays over the weekend

Police were shit too.

On top of that I only got £3.50 a hour. UK is a joke, middle class can hang. Apprenticeships are just a way for people to get cheap labour. Fuck the system and anyone who defends it.

Reactions: wiinterfrost
wiinterfrost

wiinterfrost

it only gets worse..
Oct 8, 2023
[...] I'm genuinely afraid to go to work tomorrow.
Just reminds me how life literally sucks. I'm born to work for the next (at least) 46 years of my life, retire when I'm too old to be able to enjoy anything. I want out.
ugh sorry for all this. that fucking sucks.

I got this in my last job. People started taking fucking ownership for the stuff I'd done and not letting me work to their level. Dude who was doing that has now landed a 40k job and I'm sat here like a melon still an apprentice
yeah that's capitalism. very common for people to steal off of other people (especially if less privileged) for a quick buck and put others down to be on top. fucking sucks, sorry to hear.

Fuck the system and anyone who defends it.
you got that right!!

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
What's the apprenticeship in? Some of them are top end earners afterwards though.

Wish I had done an apprenticeship. Moat electricians, brickies, scaffolders and plumbers raking in around the £50k number.

SnakesButNoLadder

SnakesButNoLadder

"Don't trip on what is behind you" • UK
Jan 15, 2024
What's the apprenticeship in? Some of them are top end earners afterwards though.

Wish I had done an apprenticeship. Moat electricians, brickies, scaffolders and plumbers raking in around the £50k number.
Bro, everyone says this. I've known soo many people who took out apprenticeships with the same gullible idea.

Quarter don't even finish their course, and half of apprentices don't get taken on at the end. And most of them where never going to be taken on at the end. They were just cheap labour.

Bullying in apprenticeships are a epidemic, and with "tradesmen types" they are toxic. Try get back the stolen training they kept the grants for and scammed you out of, they'll fuck you up.

If someone was like, "Oh yeah, joining the army is great, there is only a 50% chance of coming back mentally healthy and employed" people wouldn't say it was good.

Big company, yeah fine, good apprenticeships. Don't make out all apprenticeships are good though, shits a joke. Full-time work for half minimum wage.

Last edited:
mob

mob

Student
Jul 19, 2023

Sorry for the late reply; it's an office job in administration - I basically work for the government. It's pretty hard to explain lol
In case I do get taken on after my apprenticeship, which is very unlikely, what I'd earn would be around £21k.
Right now I work 40 hours a week and earn less than 1k a month.