DreamsofDeath

Fear of crashing and not coming back
Oct 18, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Chlo and goxua
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
That's a good website isn't it. I've often wondered what really happened to Paula Ramsden. Poor lady.

Reactions: Mich3ll3, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and DreamsofDeath
DreamsofDeath

DreamsofDeath

Oct 18, 2018
A murder it seems, doesn't it? Sickening

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I think for the coroner to have said what he did at the inquest was quite telling. I guess coroners see enough material to know what's what really. Must be an interesting job, though obviously not always the most uplifting

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and DreamsofDeath
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ive-picked-up-250-bodies-401824

This sickens me. Down the article this man boasts about stopping a young woman from ctb then brags to her "you might thank me" scum

I wonder if that ended up being the same woman who jumped a week later? I remember reading somewhere about a woman who was hauled off the edge twice I think then she returned a third time and completed her jump. There's a couple of books about Beachy Head, too. One by a man who had a wife who jumped (Life on The Edge by Keith Lane) and another by a guy who is just interested in BH

Reactions: CursedForDisaster, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and DreamsofDeath
DreamsofDeath

DreamsofDeath

Oct 18, 2018
I wonder if that ended up being the same woman who jumped a week later? I remember reading somewhere about a woman who was hauled off the edge twice I think then she returned a third time and completed her jump. There's a couple of books about Beachy Head, too. One by a man who had a wife who jumped (Life on The Edge by Keith Lane) and another by a guy who is just interested in BH

I think she may have been. It just angered me so much he had the front to grab her and not only ruin her attempt but rub it in telling her she might thank him. Prick!

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I think she may have been. It just angered me so much he had the front to grab her and not only ruin her attempt but rub it in telling her she might thank him. Prick!

Absolutely! And treating someone who is desperate in that cavalier manner is just reinforcing the idea in their head that people are against them. There is another news article where one says to a person who they are holding down, "don't do this you're ruining my day"
Like wtf?!

Last edited:
Reactions: CursedForDisaster, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and DreamsofDeath
DreamsofDeath

DreamsofDeath

Oct 18, 2018
Absolutely! And treating someone who is desperate in that cavalier manner is just reinforcing the idea in their head that people are against them. There is another news article where one says to a person who there are holding down "don't do this you're ruining my day"
Like wtf?!

That's sickening, truly. Ruining my day! How about ruining their death. And these people get lauded as heroes

Reactions: CursedForDisaster and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
DreamsofDeath

DreamsofDeath

Oct 18, 2018
I was with my cousin last night who has no idea I want to ctb and he's been to Beachy Head just as a 'tourist', unwittingly he gave me some great tips on how to avoid the do gooders

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
there was quite a lot of publicity there last Summer, wasn't there, due to several successive jumpers so they upped patrols and gave advice to the pub staff and taxi drivers on how to spot people who were vulnerable.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Hennessy
K

KupoCometh

Jan 23, 2019

Tbh I don't know why you'd try and pin a suicidal person at a cliff, seems like a good way to get stabbed or dragged off with them as they scramble to die

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
One of my pet hates is people who describe suicide as "cowardly". Something like this takes enormous courage and conviction.
If I didn't have access to N,Beachy head would be a serious option. It's one leap into the eternal void.

Reactions: DreamsofDeath
M

Mich3ll3

Jan 9, 2020
That's a good website isn't it. I've often wondered what really happened to Paula Ramsden. Poor lady.

I am Paula Ramsden's daughter, I know full well it was murder but unfortunately it could not be proven with lack of evidence, witnesses etc... 20 years today and still no justice and a family forever ruined.
I think for the coroner to have said what he did at the inquest was quite telling. I guess coroners see enough material to know what's what really. Must be an interesting job, though obviously not always the most uplifting

hi, I am Paula Ramsden's daughter - it was compelling and unfortunately did not put him behind bars. Maybe one day
A murder it seems, doesn't it? Sickening

it certainly was!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: DreamsofDeath