hobbydevil

hobbydevil

Anxiously biting fingernails.
Sep 8, 2019
I am so, so sick of all the platitudes at this point.

"It'll get better!" "You just have to continue on and better times will come! Be brave!" "You can't see the light right now because you are depressed, get treatment and everything will seem much brighter!"

What are they even basing those empty phrases on? They have no idea what life is like for me. The reasons why I don't want to live are permanent and unfixable, and the best I can do is forever cope with the sadness and regrets somehow. And that's just not a life worth living to me, simple as that.

Sure, there are people who will benefit from "toughing it out", but that advice turns to dust quickly when faced with a grave enough permanent issue that can't be solved, only coped with.
And when I weigh the pros and cons of forever trying to cope vs putting an end to the misery, all the nice little distractions of life just don't measure up.

People in my life who are aware of my mental state always seem to assume my problem is that I'm just so hopeless that I can't see the good things - but I *can* see them, they're just not worth it to me, especially when I take into consideration how much more I would have enjoyed them if I hadn't fucked up my life and health.

I had a decent life before it all went to shit, I'd rather call it quits right now while I can still remember all the good things, instead of continuing to trudge along for empty hope.

Sorry, I just had to rant to someone for a moment.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, MidLifeCrisis, Nephis and 7 others
Slate128

Slate128

May 5, 2019
"It gets better!"

"When?"

People don't often respond to that second part.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Élégie, Death. and 3 others
F

f82dyhfajs5fg7

Sep 26, 2019
If I could actually do any of those things then those things would never be said to me.

Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
Put a bandaid on it!
Yes I've fucking had that said to me!

• Aww..
Reactions: Beautifulletdown
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I think it'd be fair to say that shinkery and modern society has one goal: To suppress rightful anger by any means whatsoever.

Also I believe that most MH issues have to do with suppressing or misdirecting anger in the first place (except for things like schizophrenia or OCD, where it looks more like physical malfunction).

Just consider it, if everybody was stubborn about keeping their dignity, it'd be first chaos everywhere and then everybody learning to be respectful. How many times have you turned away from a patronising word, an insult, a scolding, a betrayal, a snide comment and were the 'bigger person' and where did all the rightful anger go? Sure, you can rise above all these things, but if life is something to always rise above, what is in it for you anyway?

How many times did you turn away and walk where a caveman or snake would have bashed some face in?

Reactions: Élégie, Maravillosa and MercuryAce
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
I suppressed my anger for years and that was due to the drugs I was on but no more.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Élégie, Death. and 1 other person
Death.

Death.

Student
Jan 5, 2019
Sadly it is incredibly difficult for most to realise that life simply isn't worth living for some people. I too do not care about many of the things worth "living for". I simply cannot exist for the sake of existing while barely getting by and struggling to meet the basic necessities of life.

Reactions: Élégie and hobbydevil
Nephis

Nephis

“Death should take me while I am in the mood.”
Sep 3, 2018
Sadly it is incredibly difficult for most to realise that life simply isn't worth living for some people. I too do not care about many of the things worth "living for". I simply cannot exist for the sake of existing while barely getting by and struggling to meet the basic necessities of life.
I understand that feeling all to well

Gorgon

Gorgon

A sad sad
May 1, 2019
Better implies a standard of perfection. You can only say something is better than another if you have a perfect object to compare them both two. So I ask what is this purpose or assumed greatness you as humans so desperately believe exists? What does the perfect life look like? How do you know that's the perfect one? You can assume being happy and enjoying life is the point but you cannot tell me that for a fact. So even if it does get "better" that's just your assumed better which in reality could be way worse you dont actually have a way of knowing.