D

DivinusLetum66

Oct 29, 2023
My book is a failure. I'm a failure. I spent a year in Iraq and wrote a book about it. Surprise no one gave a shit. No one wants a self published book by a loser. I'm ready to die. I just need a good "painless" method. I've looked into clinics in Switzerland and exit bags. I just don't see why I should live in a world that doesn't care about my writing. I wish I had the courage to kill myself.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: DeadlineDialer, R_N, Some place nice and 2 others
T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
Im sorry you feel so disappointed. That must be awful. Im sure it doesnt make you feel any better to hear that it's still a huge accomplishment. Im interested to know more about it. When did it come out? What's the idea behind the story? How long did it take you to write it? Did you have anyone help you with managing promotion? For a while, I was attending a couple different self-publishing workshops. I wonder how many people end up feeling let down by all the big promises. They do a pretty hard sell on their services, i always thought it felt a bit too pushy. Sorry youre feeling so bad, you certainly arent alone in that. Hope you have a good night.

• Love
Reactions: lopsidedcrawdad1, DeadlineDialer and DivinusLetum66
D

DivinusLetum66

Oct 29, 2023
Im sorry you feel so disappointed. That must be awful. Im sure it doesnt make you feel any better to hear that it's still a huge accomplishment. Im interested to know more about it. When did it come out? What's the idea behind the story? How long did it take you to write it? Did you have anyone help you with managing promotion? For a while, I was attending a couple different self-publishing workshops. I wonder how many people end up feeling let down by all the big promises. They do a pretty hard sell on their services, i always thought it felt a bit too pushy. Sorry youre feeling so bad, you certainly arent alone in that. Hope you have a good night.
Still learning this forum. It took 10 years to write. It's about Iraq, PTSD, alcoholism, recovery, relapse, and healing through magic mushrooms and LSD.

Reactions: DeadlineDialer
T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
Very impressive that you got it done! I think a lot of people could relate to those topics. Do you feel any better having gotten your story onto paper? Common advice is that it helps deal with difficult emotions, but Im skeptical. Especially when it comes to trauma.

L

lopsidedcrawdad1

Experienced
Jun 22, 2023
Still learning this forum. It took 10 years to write. It's about Iraq, PTSD, alcoholism, recovery, relapse, and healing through magic mushrooms and LSD.
That sounds really cool. Mushrooms and LSD never worked for my mental health issues but I know it does for a lot of people and its a super interesting topic. I dont know much of anything about publishing and authoring but id imagine alot of how well a book sells has to do with whos publishing it, marketing, and the publics familiarity with the author. I think its totally possible that someone could be an amazing author and write an amazing book but it just doesnt sell well for other reasons. Its a huge accomplishment to write a book in the first place and you should be proud of it. 99% of people will never do what you did. I understand why you would feel sad about it not doing well though. I hope you feel better

D

DivinusLetum66

Oct 29, 2023
Very impressive that you got it done! I think a lot of people could relate to those topics. Do you feel any better having gotten your story onto paper? Common advice is that it helps deal with difficult emotions, but Im skeptical. Especially when it comes to trauma.
It definitely helped me. Write it down if you got it man.