LordVessel

LordVessel

Nice tits!
Nov 24, 2020
all i want is attention from the non family members in my life.

i strongly feel that a non-fatal although somewhat serious failed suicide attempt that everyone happens to know about would accomplish that

am i terrible person for wanting this?

• Hugs
Reactions: grungeCat, BlackCatTalk and KleinerWolf
goodbyebunny

goodbyebunny

</3
Oct 19, 2020
I don't think you're a terrible person, period. But suicidal gestures hold a very real risk of permanent damage to your body and/or mental health, which might make your situation even worse. Also, you can't rely on your friends to react the way you want them to, or imagine they will, when they find out about your attempt. Please think about it very thoroughly before you attempt a suicidal gesture. Hugs.

Reactions: degeneratewaste
degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
no, you're not a terrible person for wanting/thinking that. I have thought of doing this too. I suppose it depends on the type of attention you want.

the reason I've wanted to do this in the past is that the attention from medical professionals may actually drive them to give me some sort of mental help instead of ignoring me, and the attention from my work/institutions may push them toward actually cutting me some fucking slack. but I do not want the attention from friends or family because it would make them fuss over me. I can see why you would want this attention from them if one of your key problems is feeling invisible to people around you. but ultimately there are better ways to do this than attempting and messing up your body if you don't truly want to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered and goodbyebunny
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Instead of attempting suicide, first I would go to the people who you want attention from and simply say "I really need some help."

If they care about you, they will listen and help.

Reactions: k75, goodbyebunny and degeneratewaste
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
How about saying to them, "I would like some attention from you, and I feel like the only way to get it would be to do something drastic."

Honestly, looking back at my life, and having finally ended some really bad relationships, I think that if you feel like the only way to get the attention you need is to do something drastic, they're just not good relationships and they're not going to magically become good relationships after such a gesture. If those people don't already naturally give you the attention you need, an attempt isn't going to change that for the better except perhaps briefly and then go back to the same crap, but more likely they're going to get worse toward you or cut you off.

Reactions: The Tablet, searchingfreedom, Regen and 3 others
BlackCatTalk

BlackCatTalk

StrayCat
Apr 28, 2019
It is not bad to want attention, it is normal, you are a person and you are worth but do not commit ctb just for that, that decision is very important and everything can go wrong, here many of us are non-existent (even here lol it is surprising but it is) but if you need talk, you can count on this ghost cat to listen to you, also believe me that you deserve someone to see you, heard you, give your attention, it is what everyone usually wants because it is part of human behavior, hugs and if you need to talk, pm me

Reactions: Regen and degeneratewaste