RideOrDie

RideOrDie

Aug 30, 2022
I'm planning to attempt tonight, but I had this conversation with my mom about suicide and going to hell. Then she asks me where's the peace in that? She also goes to say that it's not going to be peaceful because I'd leave people and make them suffer the loss. She tells me I'm being selfish, but I honestly can't take it anymore, if only they'd look at our perspective too. I did try my best to hold on as long as I can for them. I know that she's trying to scare me, and I think it's getting in my head, but I really want to go and end all of this. The sinking feeling just keeps growing everyday. I'm asking for someone to at least reassure me that there's nothing, and it's going to be non-existence. That there's nothing to be afraid of.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Un-, StolenLife, fastFWD and 2 others
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
No one can tell you what, if anything, awaits after death. However, to assume one theological perspective is right and all others are wrong, well...that's pretty ridiculous as well. There are numerous beliefs, all based on what? Best guesses, hopes, dreams, fears, "divine intervention"? None of us can possibly know. I'm sorry you're facing this situation, every part of it. If you are going to try and take your leave, please be sure it is a way that will not result in any more unwanted, unnecessary suffering.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Your mom is right about one thing; that suicide is selfish. It has to be. It is about you and no one else. Your pain has to reach the point whereby any pain you might cause those in your life is dwarfed by the pain you have from continuing to try and live with your despair, pain, and suffering. When one gets to that point, it immediately becomes the point of ultimate selfishness. I'm not making any judgment whether selfishness is good or bad. It just is. In order to ctb, you have to put you own welfare above any hurt that your demise may cause others. There's no right or wrong in making a decision in your own best interest, IMO.

Reactions: Un- and farakini
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There is no such thing as a hell after this or an afterlife. When we die, we cease to exist and that is it for us we are gone. We won't even be aware that we are dead. Death is just like how before we were born where time passed and yet we were not aware of anything, we are simply returning to that state of nonexistence where we are unable to experience anything. This is ideal to me. Death really isn't something to be feared as fear is an emotion that only belongs to the living and not the dead.

Take no notice of those who try to guilt trip and force people into living. They are the selfish ones and they simply don't understand what others go through.
I wish you freedom

O

October112021

Student
Oct 8, 2022
Time passes, and depending on whether or not the universe is infinite in duration it is possible, however unlikely, that your consciousness will come into being again.