• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Attachment refers to the emotional bond or desire we form towards people, objects, outcomes, or ideas. This bond is often accompanied by expectations and a desire for certain results.

When we engage in activities or relationships, we often have specific expectations and desired outcomes in mind.
The more we expect or desire a certain result, the more we are attached to that outcome.

The degree of attachment varies. For example, a slight preference for a particular outcome might cause mild disappointment if not achieved.
Conversely, intense craving or desire for a specific outcome can lead to significant distress or suffering when expectations are not met.

When reality does not align with our expectations, we experience disappointment, frustration, or grief.
The greater the disparity between our expectations and reality, the greater our suffering.

attachment is the root cause of suffering, and to understand this we must first understand what attachment really means.
when you do something expecting a particular outcome or result that means you are attached to that work because the result of it matters to you.
however, the intensity of attachment may vary and accordingly we suffer if the outcome and results are not what we wanted.
we are attached to different things to varying degrees. And if more intense is the craving for a certain outcome, more intensely we suffer if we do not achieve it.

It is because you are attached to the idea that you belong in a romantic relationship.
You are attached to the idea that, even if you are content, having a partner would elevate your happiness.
You are attached to the idea that without a partner your life isn't as good as it can be.
Those things might be true sometimes, but not all the time.

expect nothing and you will never be disappointed
It means if you learn not to expect things from others, and just do for yourself then you will not be disappointed when the other person does not follow through

Never get too attached to anyone unless they also feel the same towards you, because one sided expectations can mentally destroy you

In short thinking about someone or something constantly create desire.
So, if you want to increase desire of something think more often and the thing which you don't want, do not think about it more often.
By thinking I mean really contemplate, evaluate and go deep down about that object.
By consciously directing your thoughts and attention, you can influence the strength of your desires and attachments, ultimately shaping your emotional responses and behaviors.

Reactions: GoatHerder and not-2-b-the-answer
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I'm not sure I would say its the sole cause of suffering. If a car hits you, thats not suffering due to attachment. A virus just happens, it doesn't hate.
You seem to post about suffering and attachment a lot. Just an observation.

My suggestion is to read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius if you haven't already. If you have, what do you think?

Read Happiness Hypothesis. Cutting edge neuroscience, psychology, religion and ancient eastern philosophy.