hao☆

hao☆

a firearm to my mouth would b cute >///<
Apr 19, 2024
If lets say you are atheist, i think it should be in consideration to believe in god, no offense but just an opinion dump here

well hao, why?

You will most likely go to hell if gos is real which is probably worse than this if you ever ctb or smt or die

but im in hell already, hao

ok but hell is way worse ngl

there's a theory whereas let's say hell is worse than not existing at all.

DYING. GOD IS REAL. GOD ISNT REAL
ATHEIST. SUFFERING. NON EXISTING
BELIEVER. HEAVEN. NON EXISTING

and trust me, if you go to hell it's an infinite loss you could never get back, why? Because hell is the most unfair punishment ever, we wouldn't want it but if it doesn't exist it's a draw or a win. You don't get to exist, just peace. I know Hell is just a concept but what im talking here is an actual hell, like a real place you could go to and explore and suffer in.

lmk ur opinions hope it wasnt offensive

• Yay!
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_ and psp3000
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
but which gods to believe in?

Reactions: Skathon, LoiteringClouds, Forever Sleep and 3 others
SmallKoy

SmallKoy

Aficionado
Jan 18, 2024
The belief of heaven and hell is a coping mechanism that people use to cope with what comes after death. The idea of a heaven or hell makes me more scared to die, so why should I believe in such a thing? What gives me peace of mind is the belief that there is nothing after you die, so that is what I believe in. I'm of the opinion that the belief of heaven and hell is the imagination of humans and nothing more. Such a thing after death just seems so outlandish to me.

Reactions: FERAL_FRENZY, Hollowman, sserafim and 3 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm agnostic so I just believe there could be one but I'm too stupid to know whether or not there are any.

Reactions: sadidiot0328 and divinemistress36
Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
There are 2 types of atheists, normal atheists, so to speak, and strong atheists, which are those who not only do not believe in God, but also deny the existence of any. I am a strong atheist. And if I really have to believe in a god, it would be the grim reaper, the only one I know exists and fulfills

Reactions: landslide2, sserafim, Artemisia and 1 other person
O

obligatoryshackles

I don't want to get used to it.
Aug 11, 2023
If god is real and made hell as a concept while claiming to be good, I'd literally rather go there out of spite than have any kind of faith towards him.

Reactions: Artemisia, Lostandlooking, everythingoes and 2 others
A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
Can I pick any I want or do you mean I have to believe in yours?

• Yay!
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_, LoiteringClouds and psp3000
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
If lets say you are atheist, i think it should be in consideration to believe in god, no offense but just an opinion dump here

well hao, why?

You will most likely go to hell if gos is real which is probably worse than this if you ever ctb or smt or die

and trust me, if you go to hell it's an infinite loss you could never get back, why? Because hell is the most unfair punishment ever, we wouldn't want it but if it doesn't exist it's a draw or a win. You don't get to exist, just peace. I know Hell is just a concept but what im talking here is an actual hell, like a real place you could go to and explore and suffer in.

That's a poorly expressed version of Pascal's wager (or somethibg like it). Pascal made the elementary error of supposing that there are just two possibilities. In fact there is a vast number of possibilities, so his reasoning, and his conclusion. are not valid.

• Love
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_, Skathon, Ambivalent1 and 6 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Never really understood this argument. I can't believe in something based on the threat of what happens if I don't believe in it. It still wouldn't be a genuine belief then. Also it could apply to anything, such as the Flying Spaghetti Monster. You can see how the logic quickly becomes absurd.

Reactions: FERAL_FRENZY, Skathon, jar-baby and 8 others
hao☆

hao☆

Apr 19, 2024
That's a poorly expressed version of Pascal's wager (or somethibg like it). Pascal made the elementary error of supposing that there are just two possibilities. In fact there is a vast number of possibilities, so his reasoning, and his conclusion. are not valid.
Yeah, i kinda dumbed it down because i didn't want some people to have to read through endless countless texts

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Yeah, i kinda dumbed it down because i didn't want some people to have to read through endless countless texts
But you are making the same error that Pascal made.

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_, Skathon and sserafim
hao☆

hao☆

Apr 19, 2024
The belief of heaven and hell is a coping mechanism that people use to cope with what comes after death. The idea of a heaven or hell makes me more scared to die, so why should I believe in such a thing? What gives me peace of mind is the belief that there is nothing after you die, so that is what I believe in. I'm of the opinion that the belief of heaven and hell is the imagination of humans and nothing more. Such a thing after death just seems so outlandish to me.

well hao, why?

1719061190900 hey yall, i didnt expect this to blow up but if u cant understans the wall of text heres a tl;dr, reminder this is just a brain dump <3
But you are making the same error that Pascal made.
Yup!

• Love
Reactions: Linda
DolerDolerDoler

DolerDolerDoler

Jun 4, 2024
''For every unknowable idea that rewards a particular behavior, another unknowable idea will punish that very same behavior''

-TheraminTrees

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, jar-baby and Linda
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Do think God (if they exist) can't spot a fake? If they are truly all that great and powerful, I imagine they already know what we think about them. I doubt they'd be all that impressed with someone pretending to believe or like them in order to reap the possible benefits.

That's partly why- if there is a God, I think I'm screwed no matter what I do because they know how much anger I have towards them.

But sure- this theory was suggested by Blaise Pascal in the 1600's. As in- it's 'better' to side with religion/ God- just in case there is one.

Reactions: psp3000
landslide2

landslide2

May 6, 2024
consider the context of when and how religion came to be and the amount of knowledge that existed. transport any people from those times to now and they would think we were gods.

it's also amazing to me that somehow in all religions, monotheistic, polytheistic, buddhism, u name it. somehow all the control and power lies with men. all the stars, all the prophets, rule makers, are all men. even the main bad guys are men. i wonder why that is, hmmmm /s.

look around today and see how many people don't want to think for themselves, how many are willing to follow some crowd or some cult of personality.
in fact, arguably most just want to follow. then imagine how people were like when religions were born. imagine the level of superstition. the lack of understanding of the human body itself and the earth in its solar system. i think i could've sold thousands of bridges to thousands of people if i could go back in time.

imagine if today someone says to you. so i have had this vision, god told me to sacrifice my son, it's a test. what would u say to that person? here i'm speaking specifically of the abrahamic stories.

Reactions: Skathon, Ambivalent1 and sserafim
qw3rty259

qw3rty259

CTB by a ticket soon
Jun 19, 2023
religious brainrot confirmed

• Love
Reactions: ToMoveOn, EvisceratedJester, sserafim and 1 other person
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Pascals wager is trash. I miss the atheist Christian youtube videos of 2008. Venomfangx was silly. I liked nonstampcollector. TheAmazingAtheist was annoying. Darkmatter2525 was alright. Thunderf00t should groom himself. Scraggly mess.

Last edited:
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Okay cool, um... Which God am I supposed to believe in exactly?

There is no evidence of there being a God and I have doubts that even if there was a God that they would have anything to do with the many religions that have come about throughout human history. Also, you can't force yourself into believing something. Either you believe it or not.

Reactions: sserafim
leaftomb

leaftomb

let's live fast and die young
Jun 15, 2024
i mean, if atheist don't believe in god they just don't believe in hell or heaven. they can't fear something they don't believe in. also, people here want to CTB — aren't we going to hell for this already?

sure, maybe not depending on the belief, but then you'd have to be more precise. not every religion with a god even has the same definition of heaven and hell, or the same reasons to go to one or the other. yeah, if god is real, you might go to heaven. but there are hundreds of gods, how do you know you picked the right one?

from personal experience: i tried forcing myself into becoming a christian. i read the bible everyday (still do!), i prayed everyday, went to church weekly.. but i still couldn't believe. just because you want to believe doesn't mean you will

i'm not trying to be mean or anything, i understand where you come from, but as someone who doesn't believe it just doesn't make any sense to me

Reactions: NumbItAll
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024

well hao, why?

As a previous monk who devoted myself to a notion of God, this made me laugh.

I think religious notions are coping mechanisms to make sense of a chaotic world. Poetic metaphor, at best.

• Love
Reactions: leaftomb, sserafim, SmallKoy and 1 other person
yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
I think religious notions are coping mechanisms to make sense of a chaotic world. Poetic metaphor, at best.
I wish more atheists could appreciate this. All religions are wrong (to greater or lesser extent), but that doesn't invalidate tueir contributions to mankind. Without religious beliefs, we would not have made it this far as a species.

• Love
Reactions: meoka<3, EvisceratedJester, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and 3 others
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I wish more atheists could appreciate this. All religions are wrong (to greater or lesser extent), but that doesn't invalidate tueir contributions to mankind. Without religious beliefs, we would not have made it this far as a species.
This atheist really appreciates their contributions to humanity: the inquisition, the crusades, jihad (holy war agains infidels), homophobia, oppression of women, murder of jews (mostly by christians), murder of christians (mostly by muslims), murder of muslims (mostly by christians), hindu-muslim violence, destruction of native cultures (mostly by christians), genocide of almost all Native Americans, anti-science attitudes (remember Galileo), etc. That's probably not a complete list, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ToMoveOn, meoka<3, sserafim and 1 other person
H

Hvergelmir

May 5, 2024
It's not that all religious initiatives are bad. It's just that the fundamental values stem from a book, prophet or clergy, which often align poorly with the peoples interest and changing times. It's authoritarian in nature, and not much different from dictatorial movements based on political ideology.

Both religion and political ideology have caused massive damage by valuing their ideas over people and pragmatism. Ideology is however based in theory, and can to an extend be reasoned with. Religion is more often than not the opposite - anything but blind faith is a sin, not because or any rationale, but because someone said so.

Reactions: Linda and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
This atheist really appreciates their contributions to humanity: anti-science attitudes (remember Galileo), etc. That's probably not a complete list, but you get the idea.
Don't forget about Bruno

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Linda
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
This atheist really appreciates their contributions to humanity: the inquisition, the crusades, jihad (holy war agains infidels), homophobia, oppression of women, murder of jews (mostly by christians), murder of christians (mostly by muslims), murder of muslims (mostly by christians), hindu-muslim violence, destruction of native cultures (mostly by christians), genocide of almost all Native Americans, anti-science attitudes (remember Galileo), etc. That's probably not a complete list, but you get the idea.
Wow, what a great and nuanced take./s

You can acknowledge the bad that religion has contributed to the world while also acknowledging the good that has come from it, especially when it comes to aspects of art, music, architecture, philosophy, and even science and math (does the Islamic Golden Age not ring a bell to you?). I don't even like religion but this is just an incredibly unnunaced take.

Reactions: yellowjester
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Wow, what a great and nuanced take./s

You can acknowledge the bad that religion has contributed to the world while also acknowledging the good that has come from it, especially when it comes to aspects of art, music, architecture, philosophy, and even science and math (does the Islamic Golden Age not ring a bell to you?). I don't even like religion but this is just an incredibly unnunaced take.
Clearly it wasn't meant to be a nuanced take. It was meant to state some things that need saying and that are too often forgotten. Religion has done far more harm than good, and that needs to be pointed out.

Reactions: sserafim