• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Talvikki

Talvikki

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
Based on research using autopsy reports from forensic medical services in the Netherlands, N=172 suicides were identified in which sodium azide or sodium nitrite were used. In many cases (n=73, 42%), the substance or its packaging was found during the autopsy on site. Other indications included the discovery of a note (n=46, 27%) or instructions for use (n=18, 10%) at the place of death, and the presence of the substance in blood samples (n=20, 12%). In several cases, multiple of these indications for the use of the substance were found. In n=8 cases (5%), the use of the substance was suspected, but it could not be definitively determined whether and which substance was used.

The average age of individuals who died after ingesting sodium azide or sodium nitrite was 59 years.

16 people (9%) died under the age of 29.

37 people (22%) died between the ages of 30 and 49.

54 people (31%) died between the ages of 50 and 69.

65 people (38%) were aged 70 or older at the time of death.

In the autopsy reports of n=33 deceased individuals (19%), the forensic doctor reported that euthanasia had been requested. For n=21 of them, the euthanasia request was denied.

In nearly three-quarters of suicides involving sodium azide or sodium nitrite (n=120, 70%), the forensic doctor mentioned a psychiatric history, such as depression or an anxiety disorder, in the autopsy report.

It was known that 17% had previously attempted suicide.

Most people who died after ingesting sodium azide or sodium nitrite died at home. In 22% of cases (n=38), others were present at the time of the suicide.

The researchers assume that there were more suicides involving sodium azide and sodium nitrite than the 172 reported in the study because deaths after ingestion of the substance can be mistaken for natural deaths, especially in older age.

Source
https://openresearch.amsterdam/nl/page/104869/suïcide-door-middel-van-zelfdo

• Informative
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, _AllCatsAreGrey_, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Mage
Apr 15, 2024
In nearly three-quarters of suicides involving sodium azide or sodium nitrite (n=120, 70%), the forensic doctor mentioned a psychiatric history, such as depression or an anxiety disorder, in the autopsy report.
Instead of more research for treating depression and anxiety, I'm sure the response to this study will just be "ReStRicT SN mOre!!!!" SMH

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, AndroidAmongHumans, SonicFan1994 and 1 other person
Phenylhydroxylamine

Phenylhydroxylamine

Jun 28, 2024
Oh shit sodium azide? I was going to make some of this stuff in the past for some unrelated chemistry shit. I assume it causes methemoglobinemia? Going to look into this now. I knew it was nearly as poisonous as cyanide salts, but never looked into how it kills.
Okay did a little more research, seems like sodium azide has several mechanisms of toxicity, but so happens that the symptoms are about the same as SN poisoning. Very interesting. I may just make a little of this stuff if I stick around for a bit longer and test it out, just see how it feels and report it haha.

Last edited: