StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
I may have told you all this before. Out of desperation, about a month ago I went to a church to ask for help. This was really hard for me to do as I am very proud and have never asked for help before. So you know I was desperate. So I get there and yeah I'm crying and tell the "pastor" my story about being fired, no food, no rent money and I asked him if he would help me find a home for my cat. He offered to send me to a therapist for five = yes five whole visits with a therapist (are you shittin me?). I told him no. He never asked me about food or rent. He wanted me out of his church as soon as I told him I was depressed and was having a difficult time dealing with life. Honey, he wanted my ass out of there. After I told him that he got up and led me to the door. Never heard back from him. Not a word. He sends me an e-mail today and says there's some lady at the church he wants me to hook up with who attends church and bible study and maybe I can start coming to church - FUCKING SERIOUS???????? So she sends me an email so I told her that I had no money for rent and was moving. She says "Oh, I'm so sorry, I'd love to take you to lunch before you go and I'll pray for you." So I'm super pissed. I emailed her back and said don't bother praying for me it never worked before and I hope the church could "help" somebody else as much as they helped me. I'm sure she was too clueless to get what I was saying, but this is why I don't believe in religion, god, satan or anything else that involves this shit. Okay, thanks for listening. Oh, the pastor also threatened to call the police on me if I said I was suicidal.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: MindFrog, Finding Sirius, makethepainstop and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds like such a frustrating experience. Some people are just so insensitive. I'm sorry you wasted your time on that. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: makethepainstop and demuic
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
I am so angry for you I don't know what to say. People are truly stupid. It seems like the pastor didn't believe you.

Reactions: demuic and porhtna
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
I am so angry for you I don't know what to say. People are truly stupid. It seems like the pastor didn't believe you.
That dumb bitch e-mailed me again telling me that unless i start praying and turn my life over to god that nothing good will come of it. I HATE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE and I DON"T CARE WHO I OFFEND I told her that there was no god and she should pray for somebody else - not that it would help!!

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: makethepainstop, demuic, Crazy4u and 1 other person
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
please block her. she is nuts. you know? if she told you that and offered you a job at the church, i would understand. she didn't. that is exactly the problem..

The church gets money. where does it go?! what is so wrong with providing a small financial assistance! they could at least tell you how to get help.

You live in the US not a third world country. You've probably paid a lot of taxes in your lifetime

• Love
Reactions: makethepainstop, demuic and StarryStarry
porhtna

porhtna

bad rng.
Dec 1, 2021
That dumb bitch e-mailed me again telling me that unless i start praying and turn my life over to god that nothing good will come of it. I HATE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE and I DON"T CARE WHO I OFFEND I told her that there was no god and she should pray for somebody else - not that it would help!!
Ah yes, the "listen to me or burn in hell" threatening trope. That was an infuriatingly shitty thing you went through.. *pats* Hope things go well for you onwards<3.

Reactions: demuic
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Ah yes, the "listen to me or burn in hell" threatening trope. That was an infuriatingly shitty thing you went through.. *pats* Hope things go well for you onwards<3.
I'm checking out next week so they can take their five sessions with the therapist and shove them up their ass!!!
THIS IS THE RESPONSE THE DUMB BITCH GAVE ME:

I understand how you are feeling, in a less than good situation; however, until you are ready to submit your whole self to God, let others pray for you and with you, community, new friendships, etc you will continue to feel that prayers don't work.

I would still love to sit down with you, even over coffee and just talk. I don't know what your life has been but I am willing to share my testimony and you can see just how much prayers have helped me.

I hope you will consider calling!

DON"T HOLD YOUR BREADTH HONEY!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: porhtna
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
This is not god. This is not Christianity. This is not what was taught to us, and these people are the worst kind of hypocrites.

Please do not think that they are godly. They are not.

They are assholes in Sunday best.

Block her immediately and if she gets through, tell her you are okay with going to hell. Then hang up.

It will give these douchebags something to feel superior about while they congratulate themselves on their attempts to do good.

Know that if heaven exists, they will surely not be there when you arrive. I guarantee it.

((HUGS))

• Love
Reactions: porhtna and StarryStarry
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
This is not god. This is not Christianity. This is not what was taught to us, and these people are the worst kind of hypocrites.

Please do not think that they are godly. They are not.

They are assholes in Sunday best.

Block her immediately and if she gets through, tell her you are okay with going to hell. Then hang up.

It will give these douchebags something to feel superior about while they congratulate themselves on their attempts to do good.

Know that if heaven exists, they will surely not be there when you arrive. I guarantee it.

((HUGS))
I agree 100%. Thank you so much for calming me down.

• Hugs
Reactions: UpandDownPrincess
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
Contact different churches. Maybe a catholic one. Idk.

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
Call homeless shelter resources aak them
they sometimes have vouchers you may have to keep calling around. Usually catholic churches have helped me in the past.

Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
This is soooooo fucking disgusting. SMH most of these religious leaders/pastors just care about themselves and the money they make. NO regard for doing their actual job. Their all going to hell. This makes me sick. Not to mention how alot of them are rapists and racists too.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
As I am known as a smart ass, my response would have been; "You Christian folks have been so helpful." I'M joining the satanic church!" I bet that would silence the old bat.