• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
There are others here on SaSu who have given their two cents with regards to the topic as well as expressed their thoughts on the pros and cons of SaSu as well as topics of CTB, the right to die, voluntary euthanasia, and assisted suicide becoming mainstream or at least more open than what it was decades ago. However, in this thread I will give my thoughts and two cents on this particular topic, with both the pros and the cons.

First off, what do I mean by the term 'bastardization'? Bastardization refers to the change in public perception and perspective when it comes to topics of the right to die, assisted suicide, voluntary euthanasia, etc., and in this case, how mainstream erroneously attributes certain misconceptions and views on these topics. To start things off, one of the cons of the bastardization of the right to die is the misconception of the voluntary euthanasia or medical aid in dying is that anyone can just fly or travel to a country with laws and programs that allow assisted suicide (the most common misconception of Dignitas in Switzerland), whilst ignoring all the details and fine print (the criteria, the red tape and legal hoops, preparation, cost, etc.) for the procedure. It is not only detrimental when normies and mainstream media spread misinformation as well as inaccurate information, it is actually harmful towards the people who would actually seek such services.

Another drawback of the bastardization of the topic or subject of the right to die or CTB is the problem of mainstream public 'tailoring their perception to fit a narrative'. What does this mean? This is where the mainstream public has their own views and often try to shape these topics in a way that fits their narrative of what these topics and subjects should be, often maliciously and to the detriment of us, pro-choicers. Think of it like misappropriation and misuse of the terms as well as misrepresentation of the right to die movement. Having the public incorrectly and erroneously portray us in the wrong light not only further stigmatizes us and our aims, but also makes having our voice being heard and understood much more difficult than it has to be. We would end up spending copious amounts of time and energy to debunk and correct the wrong and inaccurate views that the mainstream public has on our cause and message. If we didn't have to do that, we would be able to make substantial progress and avoid the unnecessary effort and energy expended on fixing problems that should never have arisen to begin with! Another ancillary effect of this is that if normies try to claim our terms, they would pervert it to their liking, similar to what they do with many other terms that they have stolen from other groups and/or other causes, but I digress.

Now onto some of the beneficial aspects of bastardization (which aren't many, but to get a clearer perspective and view, it is worth examining and discussing), are that our issues are not just being limited to a very small subset of humanity, but also reaching larger audiences. Having a larger audience and being able to springboard out of the small community or circles that discuss the right to die and similar topics allow us be the ones to push for change, even if the change doesn't come swiftly, but at least we have a start. Similar to many other social justice, societal, and civil rights issues. Furthermore, it is possible if we frame it correctly and play our cards right in how we approach the issue, reach like-minded individuals, and one day, reach the most influential people, we may be able to sway the public's mind on the particular issues as well as slowly change the landscape and attitudes towards the right to die. We must be judicious and careful in how we pick our battles and how we frame the particular issue. By that I mean, starting from common ground, like in today's world, the vast majority of people (at least sensible people) recognize the right to die applying to those who are terminally ill and near death (or within half a year/six months or less to live). We could start the conversation from there and expand that towards the right to die for those who aren't necessarily terminally ill, but are in severe pain, have severe debilitating illnesses, and very low quality of life (needing around the clock assistance, and generally suffering until time's end). We could also tailor our energies towards things like respecting a patient's wishes and bodily autonomy, which would be the next logic step. There are many other examples too, but I think this one will suffice.

Anyways that is my two cents and my views on the topic of the bastardization of the right to die and similar topics. I hope my article clearly laid out my perspective and thoughts on it. Overall, I don't necessarily think that the bastardization of our issues is necessarily a bad thing in the large picture, provided that we are vigilant and make sure that any misinformation or inaccurate views are corrected and people who are misinformed are educated. Furthermore, we should do what we can to debunk and dissuade the mainstream from holding incorrect views or even trying to push a narrative if we can. I'd like to thank some people on SaSu who already did just that or even take time and effort to further debunk any inconsistencies or inaccuracies regarding these topics.

• Informative
Reactions: random_user, untothedepths, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others