• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
Basically I will soon receive my new static climbing rope and hopefully CTB

But I will be doing from a pullup bar, where the anchor point is easily reached by my hands

I was recommended to use zip ties to prevent SI

I ordered a pair

The question is, how do I use them on myself? Any guide how to zip tie yourself?

And second, I am not sure how necessary this is.

My rope is good, secure, anchor point same, knots are snuggle hitch to bar and double looped slipknot

One Indian doctor mentioned that no matter how strong you are, can't save yourself from noose, you will get loss of body control quickly

Others said that some kind of super power SI kicks in, making them able to pull up easily no matter what

From many suicide videos and photos, no one was ever able to pull up and save themselves. Granted, never seen a pullup bar suicide, but people were next to stairs, ledges, etc, but none were able to do anything

So I wonder how necessary it is to cuff yourself. If anyone knows the answer, and if so how to tie them yourself, please let me know.
Doctor's words

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-08-23-42-55-664_org.videolan.vlc.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-08-23-42-55-664_org.videolan.vlc.jpg
    813.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2022-04-08-23-43-10-411_org.videolan.vlc.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-08-23-43-10-411_org.videolan.vlc.jpg
    791.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: š–£´ nadia š–£´, OnlyTheWind and CommitSudoku
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
Are you talking about using the zipties for tying your hands/feet to prevent thrashing around or to somehow use a ziptie around your neck?

CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
Are you talking about using the zipties for tying your hands/feet to prevent thrashing around or to somehow use a ziptie around your neck?
To tie my hands to prevent SI from pulling myself up if that's even possible...

Reactions: š–£´ nadia š–£´
C

CommitSudoku

never interfere with a lifespan reaping
Feb 12, 2022
My thoughts would be get everything ready and assuming you're standing on something you'll kick over, then you can bind your hands last without removing the ability to kick the chair/whatever you use away as necessary. I think binding hands would be reassuring for me. I think if there's anything within reach you'll grab for it. If it was from a tree it would be another story but I'd go for assurance should I make another serious attempt at full. If they aren't expensive then why not? About zip typing your own hands you'd probably start making a big loop before putting it around them and see if you could cinch it tight with your teeth. Maybe there are resources for how to do this, but I'm not sure. I have limited zip ties so I can't try, also I don't have them around now. Also not sure how you'd get them off so perhaps keep scissors or a small knife close should you choose to abort or get stuck.

Also I don't think tying will prevent SI, just make it harder to back out. So please be sure it's what you want. If your rope and knots are strong and there's nothing within reach to stand on and thus you really will be fully suspended then I think it would be incredibly difficult to get out of, but if you had the strength to do a pull up the bar would certainly be very inticing when your mind started panicking wanting to survive.

Reactions: š–£´ nadia š–£´ and CloseFriendofCamus
CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
My thoughts would be get everything ready and assuming you're standing on something you'll kick over, then you can bind your hands last without removing the ability to kick the chair/whatever you use away as necessary. I think binding hands would be reassuring for me. I think if there's anything within reach you'll grab for it. If it was from a tree it would be another story but I'd go for assurance should I make another serious attempt at full. If they aren't expensive then why not? About zip typing your own hands you'd probably start making a big loop before putting it around them and see if you could cinch it tight with your teeth. Maybe there are resources for how to do this, but I'm not sure. I have limited zip ties so I can't try, also I don't have them around now. Also not sure how you'd get them off so perhaps keep scissors or a small knife close should you choose to abort or get stuck.

Also I don't think tying will prevent SI, just make it harder to back out. So please be sure it's what you want. If your rope and knots are strong and there's nothing within reach to stand on and thus you really will be fully suspended then I think it would be incredibly difficult to get out of, but if you had the strength to do a pull up the bar would certainly be very inticing when your mind started panicking wanting to survive.
Thank you, noted

Reactions: CommitSudoku