FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm certainly anti-life meaning I just have a very strong dislike towards the concept of existence in general, I don't believe that there is any value in having the ability to exist, I don't believe that life should have ever existed at all.
Having the ability to exist under any circumstances is completely undesirable and unnecessary, existence is nothing more than a harm, existence means suffering with no limit as to much one can suffer which is why I see only wishing for death as being truly rational.

This is because if one doesn't exist they are incapable of suffering from anything and only death can bring true freedom from having the potential to suffer. All the problems and torment that existing beings are burdened with is ultimately as a result of existence itself. I see existence as the true hell because it's beyond comprehension how much suffering exists here and has been experienced all throughout history, I believe that existence itself is unacceptable, it's a terrible tragic mistake.

There is no benefit to existing as a conscious being in this world filled with harm where chance so cruelly determines everything all while aware one is aware of the futility of it all. All that existence does is create unnecessary needs and problems, existence is just something so burdensome, there is no safety from suffering in existing, all that existence is, is a torturous and harmful process of waiting around to die in such a hellish reality.

I cannot stand it when people glorify the hell that is existence as I believe that it's better to cease existing regardless of the circumstances. There is nothing desirable about suffering in any way, existence is something I see as better off forgotten and erased, suicide is self care to me, and only non-existence is perfection.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: myusername890, Rogue Proxy, Adûnâi and 6 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I am anti suffering and I dislike limited bodies we have that are doomed from the start. So anti life I would say. I am also anti natalist. I believe this kind of life is not worth it and no one should be born without consent and knowledge of how it is.

If it was better maybe I wouldn't be but that would be fantasy and not reality.

I see reality as hell and copium for everyone.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Adûnâi, Immensevoid, silentcicada and 1 other person
Liminal1

Liminal1

Done with it all
Oct 20, 2023
not necessarily anti-life per se, but there is far to much pain and suffering to warrent living in the world in the state that its in. I think that there is some amount of value in life, its just outweighed by the amount of pain we have to endure to experience it

puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
I am against the indifference of the world and the resulting unfairness. No one should have to suffer, but it happens.

Despite this, and despite giving up on myself, I still can't hate the concept of life. I'm happy to see others truly enjoying moments of existing.

Reactions: real human being, Liminal1 and Terranova
Terranova

Terranova

She/Her
Oct 12, 2023
i dont think life is miserable for most people, or not to the point of wanting to die, i think it doesn't matter weather or not we think life should've existed or not because it already is, and when it comes down to it we all deserve a chance to be content with existing, as much as we deserve the right to die, but alot of suffering comes from things that can be helped, and while the doomer side of me would like to think nothing will ever change that is simply untrue, for better or worse things change and i can only hope it will be for the better, not in my lifetime tho thats fs lmao, to sum it up, nah am not anti-life

Reactions: real human being and peace_van
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
I'm more towards individualist life personally. Have it be up to the person whether or not they choose to end it or live it is up to them and them alone. I don't believe anyone should force either societally. Just leave it up to the person. That's what I believe to be the most respectful thing I can do.

Reactions: real human being, peace_van, NoThoughtTooMany and 1 other person
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
I think life as a concept is super interesting, complex, and beautiful, honestly. I definitely could enjoy life from a distant outside perspective. I do have some very cynical beliefs about humanity as a species though... overall I just see us as a parasite on this planet.

annointed_towers

annointed_towers

Cursed by God
Dec 9, 2022
I think you'll be in for a real ride when you actually die.

todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
I believe everyone has its own experiences in life, and I can't say for anyone else but me.
I don't like living, but I understand that some may find pleasure in it.
So I wouldn't consider myself anti-life, nor pro-life. I am pro-choice.
I believe people should be free to do their will. No one should be forced to live a unbearable life.
Life and existence in general can be both heaven and hell.
Some may have pure joy in it, but I think for most is a balance of suffering and joy.
And there are the unfortunate ones, that experience only the hell side of life

Reactions: Immensevoid and Seered Doom
NoThoughtTooMany

NoThoughtTooMany

The worst
Aug 26, 2023
I would consider myself anti-natalist but I am not anti-life. I guess perhaps life-neutral. I believe having children is immoral because you're subjecting someone to pain/suffering that they cannot consent to. When it comes to the question if life itself is immoral, I don't think there is a proper answer for that. The only way we could have a moral stance against life is to be living in the first place, unless you believe consciousness exists without life, and that's a whole other thing. I agree overall that non-existence is preferable, but that's different to me than saying it's good or bad. But I could see why people think it's bad - there is certainly a lot of suffering in the world. But if I had a different conscious experience, or a different life than the one I had, maybe I wouldn't see it the same way.
To me, what matters is autonomy over life. If people want to leave, we should let them and assist in that.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen and Seered Doom
S

suicidal flapper

Student
Jul 15, 2023
I think that existence is inherently cruel but I wouldn't say I'm anti-natalist or against existing at all. At least in my understanding most of our suffering could be prevented if society just changed for the better. There will always bee suffering however which is why I advocate for assisted suicide.

Maybe I'm way too optimistic that one day the world will be a decent place but I don't know

• Love
Reactions: Seered Doom
rainbowstagbeetle

rainbowstagbeetle

sensitivity is a curse
Oct 22, 2023
I'm certainly anti-life meaning I just have a very strong dislike towards the concept of existence in general, I don't believe that there is any value in having the ability to exist, I don't believe that life should have ever existed at all.
Having the ability to exist under any circumstances is completely undesirable and unnecessary, existence is nothing more than a harm, existence means suffering with no limit as to much one can suffer which is why I see only wishing for death as being truly rational.

This is because if one doesn't exist they are incapable of suffering from anything and only death can bring true freedom from having the potential to suffer. All the problems and torment that existing beings are burdened with is ultimately as a result of existence itself. I see existence as the true hell because it's beyond comprehension how much suffering exists here and has been experienced all throughout history, I believe that existence itself is unacceptable, it's a terrible tragic mistake.

There is no benefit to existing as a conscious being in this world filled with harm where chance so cruelly determines everything all while aware one is aware of the futility of it all. All that existence does is create unnecessary needs and problems, existence is just something so burdensome, there is no safety from suffering in existing, all that existence is, is a torturous and harmful process of waiting around to die in such a hellish reality.

I cannot stand it when people glorify the hell that is existence as I believe that it's better to cease existing regardless of the circumstances. There is nothing desirable about suffering in any way, existence is something I see as better off forgotten and erased, suicide is self care to me, and only non-existence is perfection.
sort of? i hate suffering but i'm not against the idea of life. i guess i lie in the middle of it all. i don't love life by any means but at the very least i try to find some beauty in it. i even wish that i'll be reincarnated. hopefully a hognose snake!!

moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
I think there are many people who have been so damaged, physically and/or mentally, that living is far too painful, and death is the only relief. That's why I believe in SaSu and it's message.

But, I'm a biologist so of course I value life, despite how much I suffer myself. Some days are worse than others, and I may end up taking my life one day. I realize that. But that glimmer of hope is why so many people do endure the suffering. For the pleasure, the love, the connection to a greater whole outside of ourselves. Some, no, most people want that. Life isn't a zero sum game, there are a million paths to take to deal with suffering. Suicide is just one.

I don't believe anything is black and white, but as much as I understand it and sympathize with those suffering, I believe the anti-life and anti-natalism belief system violently ignores people who do value their life and the joy they can experience. I also realize there is no right answer to this question and each and every one of us is entitled to our personal worldviews.

C

catmewomeow

Oct 1, 2023
not really. i believe that life on its own is neutral; its just something that is. life isn't bad, nor is it good. and with the help of progression and technology, a lot of suffering life brings us can be minimized. what im against is the fact our species isn't focused on making life the best it could be for everyone, which only perpetuates this suffering.

Trakehner

Trakehner

Student
Apr 22, 2023
I consider myself both an antinatalist and promortalist. Inflicting life onto others is cruel and it is better to not exist and deal with the inevitable conflicts that come with living. People breed and try to preserve life at all costs because of biology and societal values . I don't think the intent is to cause harm in most cases. Even if people keep procreating, life can't last forever. There will come an end no matter one's stance on life and death.

LostVirtue

LostVirtue

Oct 22, 2023
I think life can be great, but some people can't be a part of life the same way most people can. If life becomes too painful you should be able to end it.

Reactions: Seered Doom
A

accountnamerequired

Oct 9, 2023
I wouldn't say I'm anti life, a lot of people have much better lives and I sure they appreciate it. I just feel like mine is truly pointless and I want it to be over.

T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
My views would be anti-life if death was permanent.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
U

umopep!sdn128

Oct 8, 2023
Yes, at least I am against life as we know it here on earth. With these disgusting principles of hers, like "survival of the fittest." I hate that if you are different from the majority, you have to suffer. Most people don't even think about it, but for some reason they are against suicide. Why should they care, well, let's say I don't go through this natural selection, why can't I die peacefully on my own. The only meaning of life for me is knowledge of nature, the universe, but I am forced to live in the city, go to offices, communicate with these disgusting people. They don't let me live the way I want, but I don't want to suffer.

• Love
Reactions: Seered Doom and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Why should they care, well, let's say I don't go through this natural selection, why can't I die peacefully on my own.
Because bodily autonomy is a meme; in truth, we're born into a human centipede. The unit of evolution is the population (or the gene, technically), not an individual organism. Indeed, it is supremely horrific.

@FuneralCry It is an honour to meet the famed participant to this blog here. Usually when I hear of such legends, the time lag is too great, or the place is unfit. I'd like to say a few words to TotalBiscuit, but he got ass cancer. I'd like to talk to Sam Altman or Igor Strelkov, but they are far away. I'd like to talk to le Girl I "saved" online, but she has ghosted me. But you are here, the legend of whom the venerable Kiwi Farms whisper. 25 posts per sun's revolution 'round the Earth, no fewer!

...What are your thoughts on artificial general intelligence? I wonder whether the upcoming AI entities will just kill themselves, haha. Or maybe they are incapable of suffering, so they won't? Or they will turn us into a myriad myriads glittering paperclips, like in Yudkowsky's dreams?

Left

Left

4 Dead 3 please release.
Oct 13, 2023
The conditions on Earth made the existence of life inevitable. High likelihood there is life similar to the life on Earth all across the Universe.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and Praestat_Mori
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
The conditions on Earth made the existence of life inevitable. High likelihood there is life similar to the life on Earth all across the Universe.
yeap you would have to destroy the whole universe to put an end to this insanity

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and Praestat_Mori