N

Nofaith

Sep 16, 2018
I've been particularly down for the last week and my cat hasn't left my side. He leaves my room to be fed, but he comes right back. I've had a multi cat household since my teens and I've always bonded with one cat. I find it interesting how they can sense when I'm upset.

Is it the same for you?

Reactions: NOISYMIND, Final Escape, Lizzie S. and 6 others
Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
VERY. My cat knows when I'm down and stays by my side constantly, he wakes me up from nightmares with a gentle paw to the cheek (which still makes me jump but it's better than the nightmare), when I'm having anxiety and I'm in bed he kinda drapes himself across my belly/chest.

I love my cat. He's 11 and I've had him since he was a month old!

Reactions: Final Escape, throwaway777, Made4TV and 6 others
N

Nofaith

Sep 16, 2018
VERY. My cat knows when I'm down and stays by my side constantly, he wakes me up from nightmares with a gentle paw to the cheek (which still makes me jump but it's better than the nightmare), when I'm having anxiety and I'm in bed he kinda drapes himself across my belly/chest.

I love my cat. He's 11 and I've had him since he was a month old!
My cat likes to sleep on my chest at times and in my lap. I don't think he realises he's not a kitten anymore. He doesn't fit and he's heavy (not overweight but with muscle) :pfff:.

Reactions: NOISYMIND, Final Escape, RottingFlowerBrains and 3 others
Duqu

Duqu

Aug 27, 2018
haha my cat is 11.6 lbs (every time I or the vet weigh him for years now! they say he needs to lose weight but I think he's fine). He's reeeeally long and has a super long tail so he just drapes himself across me.

Reactions: Final Escape, RottingFlowerBrains, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
N

Nofaith

Sep 16, 2018
haha my cat is 11.6 lbs (every time I or the vet weigh him for years now! they say he needs to lose weight but I think he's fine). He's reeeeally long and has a super long tail so he just drapes himself across me.
My cat's the same weight but the vet has never said he's overweight.

Reactions: Final Escape, RottingFlowerBrains, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
have a cat doing that right now

Reactions: NOISYMIND, Aaron Josef, Nofaith and 5 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Not as much as I would like, they just get on with their life and I force snuggles on them when I need it and I think I do it regularly enough that they just let the cuddles happen. lol.

Edit: although I have had, similar to you, one of my cats latch onto just sleeping near me no matter what. I'm finally able to let her back in my room too so thats nice <3

Last edited:
Reactions: Final Escape, Lizzie S., Nofaith and 6 others
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
Cat stares right into me looking passed me

Reactions: Final Escape, RottingFlowerBrains, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I say let them get as fat as they like, let them enjoy life in their way! I took my sisters 2 cats in and really fattened them up and helped them with their anxiety and I guess I never realised just how much she was neglecting the poor things.

I want them to be happy and comfortable more than anything, even if they lose a little bit of their life just because they ate like queen cats.

Reactions: Final Escape, Angst Filled Fuck Up, RottingFlowerBrains and 3 others
Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
Yep, whenever I cry or seem unwell/lethargic/not myself, my cat responds. I've been in hysterics a lot recently and she comes and pins me down, which tends to calm me down. I notice that she spends more time in my room, especially sleeping, after periods of illness.

She responds to my mom's emotions too.

I also have a large cat of similar weight to the one that's being discussed (diff cat, he's less hands-on), and he doesn't seem to be really overweight, the vet seems to agree? He eats a LOT, so I was really concerned about this - I don't want to deprive him of pleasures (especially not in his senior years), but I didn't want him to get like animals I've known where they did genuinely suffer from their weight (respiratory discomfort or w/e). Turns out it's normal for Maine Coons to eat as gluttonously as he does, especially of meat.

Reactions: Final Escape, Angst Filled Fuck Up, RottingFlowerBrains and 4 others
Duqu

Duqu

Aug 27, 2018
My cat is on top of my feet right now. His usual place in times of insomnia. When I'm asleep he cuddles up against my feet or calves. But when I'm awake he's either on top of my stomach/chest, or on top of my feet (if I'm not in bed but like, if I'm in my armchair on my laptop he sits on the top of the chair and curls his body around the top of my head. <3 That's why I'm waiting for my cat to die before I CTB he's literally my life and soul and I know (he's stayed with other people before when I've been out of town or in hospital) I'm his too because he never thrives with anyone else.

Reactions: Final Escape, Lizzie S., Angst Filled Fuck Up and 6 others
Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
Yes. Pets really do make life so much better.

Reactions: Final Escape, Lizzie S., Angst Filled Fuck Up and 5 others
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
Oh yeah whenether I'm pissed, grab a broom and charge my cat it's as if he has some 6th sense and knows he's about to get fucked up. It's really awesome how animals can sense our emotions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Final Escape
RottingFlowerBrains

RottingFlowerBrains

Student
Sep 10, 2018
Cat love

Reactions: Nofaith, lv-gras, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Yes, love my boy. He's always following me around the house and plopping down on top of me or right up against me.

cat.jpg

Reactions: Duqu, Final Escape, Anyara and 8 others
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
Oh yeah whenether I'm pissed, grab a broom and charge my cat it's as if he has some 6th sense and knows he's about to get fucked up. It's really awesome how animals can sense our emotions.
Dude what?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
B

BjartNO

Student
Sep 21, 2018
I've actually considered getting a dog in the hope that it will make me not want to kill myself anymore.

Reactions: Final Escape and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
My cat always runs in and licks me maybe he knows im sad :)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and Nofaith
Lunar

Lunar

Student
Aug 14, 2018
I don't have a cat anymore but used to have one years ago. She had a tumour and we had to put her to rest. She would come climb/sit on me when I'd be feeling particularly low and shitty. Big black and white fluff ball.

I can't have animals here (the landlord doesn't allow it) and it probably wouldn't be a good idea anyway since I tend to neglect myself. It wouldn't be fair to it when I feel that I can't even take care of myself properly.

Reactions: Lizzie S., Final Escape, lv-gras and 2 others
Anyara

Anyara

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Sep 6, 2018
I had 3 cats till last week (roommate moved out and took 2 cats with her including one i really bonded with, he was really sensitive to my feelings)
Now im alone with my cat Kaia and she is suddenly very sensitive to my emotions as well. She is stuck to me like glue.
Sleeping near my head and purring when i cry cause she noticed her purring calms me down in a panicattack..
She follows me around the house, crying out to find me if she can't find me right away..

Reactions: Nofaith, Lizzie S., lv-gras and 2 others
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
I had 3 cats till last week (roommate moved out and took 2 cats with her including one i really bonded with, he was really sensitive to my feelings)
Now im alone with my cat Kaia and she is suddenly very sensitive to my emotions as well. She is stuck to me like glue.
Sleeping near my head and purring when i cry cause she noticed her purring calms me down in a panicattack..
She follows me around the house, crying out to find me if she can't find me right away..
Aww she's probably missing the other two as well. Glad you both have each other.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Nofaith, lv-gras and 1 other person
Anyara

Anyara

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Sep 6, 2018
Aww she's probably missing the other two as well. Glad you both have each other.

Yeah i think she does to some level.. But she is also very happy to have me all to her herself now.. Cause 1 peep and she gets all the cuddles lol

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Made4TV, Nofaith and 1 other person
NOISYMIND

NOISYMIND

Everyday I wake up I wanna die again.
Sep 11, 2018
I want a cat :(

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Anyara and lv-gras