ayanti

ayanti

Death Seeker
Aug 22, 2024
Just curious. Me personally, not so much scared of dying per se. Just terrified about what comes after. The fact we truly have no idea of what comes after terrifies me.

• Love
Reactions: kråkevind, littleinsanity, Manfrotto99 and 1 other person
uglyugly

uglyugly

Student
Aug 24, 2024
I personally am not afraid. I don't believe in a god or an afterlife. On my good days, I might believe in reincarnation but I have pretty much given up on the idea. Of course I'm not suggesting anyone else should think like me.

The way I look at it is nothing could be worse than the hell I am already in living in this world.

Reactions: Venessolotic, Ironborn, heavyeyes and 5 others
Oceano

Oceano

Aug 25, 2024
a little yes, but sooner or later we will have to face death in any case. so why worry too much?
my worst fear is going back.

Reactions: ctbusser, Ironborn, heavyeyes and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No certainly not, in fact death is all that comforts me as I believe it to simply be nothingness where I cannot suffer anymore and all is forgotten about for me, in my case I only wish to be unconscious for all eternity and I'd be so relieved to finally be at peace from this cruel, torturous existence that just brought me so much pain. What I fear is suffering in this existence, it terrifies me how one can suffer for so long with no limit as to how unbearable the agony of existing can get, in my case I only wish to never exist again, I find existing to be deeply undesirable in every way.

Reactions: Ironborn, heavyeyes, sserafim and 2 others
Jon Arbuckle

Jon Arbuckle

Aspiring Corpse
Jul 23, 2024
Just curious. Me personally, not so much scared of dying per se. Just terrified about what comes after. The fact we truly have no idea of what comes after terrifies me.
I used to, but not anymore. I don't believe in an afterlife, so I'll be incapable of being happy or unhappy about the situation

Reactions: heavyeyes, Manfrotto99, locked*n*loaded and 1 other person
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
I wonder at times & it scares me sometimes.🌹💔

Reactions: LifeQuitter
Danby

Danby

Just remember that the last laugh is on you
Aug 13, 2024
A little bit, yes. I think of Hamlet's soliloquy: But that the dread of something after death, The undiscovered country from whose bourn No traveler returns, puzzles the will And makes us rather bear those ills we have Than fly to others that we know not of?

Reactions: Jarni, Manfrotto99 and CatLvr
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
Not particularly, everything is natural in the scheme of the universe, well most things

Reactions: Jarni and sserafim
L

Leopard2023

Sep 24, 2023
It would scare me the thought of going to hell

Reactions: hawkshorizon and ayanti
T

ThisIsMe1357

May 20, 2024
Well, whatever is there is meant to be there for everyone at one point, so that alone kind of proofs to me that it cannot be anything bad or anything full of suffering or torture, otherwise what would be the point of life...to end in pain which cannot be avoided no matter what a person does? That would not make any sense.

And yes, I believe there is the same thing for everyone, regardless of what it is.

Reactions: whydidthishappen, sserafim and locked*n*loaded
suicidaltransgirl

suicidaltransgirl

Aug 26, 2024
Yes, it does scare me. What if death only amplifies and continues the suffering I'm facing while alive, but forever? What if I get reincarnated in an even worse situation?

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: ctbusser, Wackstar, dauntra17 and 5 others
Death is love

Death is love

0phelia
Feb 11, 2023
Yes, it does scare me. What if death only amplifies and continues the suffering I'm facing while alive, but forever? What if I get reincarnated in an even worse situation?
that's what i fear too. i'm scared my next life will be even worse, which is why i haven't done it yet.

Reactions: ctbusser, OutOfThisBody, Manfrotto99 and 2 others
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
No, not really. At this point, I don't feel like anything could be worse than this, even though I know that's untrue, it could be worse. I guess I am somewhat afraid, now that I type that, but I also push through for the hope of the future and my girlfriend.

Ffaxanadu

Ffaxanadu

Aug 14, 2024
If there is nothing after death, then I have nothing to be afraid of.

If there's anything after death, God, Hell, Purgatory and Paradise, I don't think I've been so mean as to deserve Hell: I think I'd probably end up in Purgatory.

If reincarnation exists, well, if it's up to me, I don't think I'm gonna want to reincarnate for a long time.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I'm not afraid of Death. After Death is non-existence forever.
To me my Death is the best thing that could happen to me by a trillion times all my problems solved instantly and forever, all threats eliminated , no chance ever of any pain problems suffering bad memories, boredom, diseases , old age and 1000 other horrible things in this hell called life ever threatening me again: how how is that something to not devoutly wish for as Shakespeare intimated?

Everywhere people say that "we don't know what is after Death" ,"We are not sure..." or they believe in an afterlife or reincarnation etc.

I don't know how many people are like me that are certain that after Death a human will cease to exist forever. I assume it's a very small percentage maybe less than 3% of the population i'm guessing . i haven't seen many posts anywhere even here that i remember where people are sure that it's non-existence forever . yeah i've seen a few here but it seems most are not sure.

to me it's like saying that people are not sure what life is or where it came from or what a human is .

very smart hard working people like Charles Darwin have been working on finding out these questions for hundreds of years . it's known. evolution is true.

Mature sciences like neuroscience brain science, evolution, psychology , cell biology many others have thousands of books decades of evidence millions of webpages proving evolution is true and that the mind consciousness thinking all are generated only by the brain.

All humans and all life evolved from a single cell. a single cell is the ancestor of all life that exists on this horrible Earth.

Chemical evolution , chemicals combined and evolved to form the first cell .

That cell is the ancestor of every living thing.
"The common ancestry of all extant cellular life is evidenced by the universal genetic code, machinery for protein synthesis, shared chirality of the almost-universal set of 20 amino acids and use of ATP as a common energy currency"

These are things that are in all cells. but there are more like DNA ribosomes and more .

Last edited:
Reactions: Jarni, heavyeyes and sserafim
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
How would it be for everyone if, because you purposely left your life early, by your own hand, you were condemned to start all over again, reliving your exact same life, as many times as necessary, until you could get through it without exiting prematurely. Of course you wouldn't be consciously aware that you were reliving your life.

ceriseange♡

ceriseange♡

ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ, ᴍᴏᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ʟᴀᴍʙ...
Nov 3, 2023
A bit. The unknown is scary, but I think what scares me more is what I'd be leaning behind if that makes any sense. It's a really silly thought but I think about my stuffed animals a lot.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wackstar
dust-in-the-wind

dust-in-the-wind

Aug 24, 2024
I don't know what happens after death but maybe I should consider "Pascal's wager" just in case.

Reactions: Wackstar and hawkshorizon
T

thickly_settled

Nov 12, 2018
After you die will be just like before you were born.

Reactions: Ironborn, heavyeyes, daysnumbered and 2 others
H

HopeToStay

May 31, 2024
I have this weird theory that because it's not possible to experience nothing, you are reincarnated.

Conscience is truly weird concept to wrap your head around.

Reactions: ctbusser, kråkevind, Jarni and 5 others
T

thickly_settled

Nov 12, 2018
I have this weird theory that because it's not possible to experience nothing, you are reincarnated.

Conscience is truly weird concept to wrap your head around.
Once you die, any capacity you had for experiencing anything is gone.

Reactions: chester and pthnrdnojvsc
Himeasa

Himeasa

Feb 6, 2023
I do not believe that there is any self-evident supernatural truth. What we observe is a living thing, then death, then a dead thing with no brain-activity. Why is it that there should be something after death? Why ask this in the first place? Why are we even construing the idea of an "after death" if not for our living minds racking our brains to make life make sense? We as organisms are spurned by evolutionary pressure to survive and proliferate at any cost.

It's not that there is ambivalence between the ideas of something after death and nothing after death. It's that there's the fact of death which precedes all else, and subsequently our struggle with the thought that we may eventually cease thinking and feeling, and as such construct an escape, a sense that there might be something following death. The burden of evidence lies with the proponents of an afterlife.

As I view it, such religious concerns reinforce the mundane basis for all of this, fretting organisms which can think reifying their existences as such, to make sense for the organism as the organism, from the view of the organism and to the ends of the organism as itself. A circle drawn so not to confront the inevitability of mortality. We are after all very mortal little cells and we will perish and these cells will lose function: it is these cells which pose these inquiries because they refuse to be merely mortal little cells. Nothing more to it, I think.

The form in which we exist is the basis to our processes of thinking and feeling. Our structure. Death is the prime antithesis to the living form, hence that we cannot conceive it, hence that it is irreconcilable with our minds and cultures. Our brains are furthermore programmed to insist on our existences as much as possible, so we intentionally delude ourselves in addition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jarni, heavyeyes, sserafim and 1 other person
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
I am a little worried yeah
I don't really believe in eternal nothing and so the other alternatives make me nervous but I don't believe in a realm of punishment for humans who "get it wrong" either

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I'm excited to go to another dimension

Reactions: kråkevind, Jarni, Ironborn and 3 others
YuckyDucky

YuckyDucky

Dec 10, 2021
As far as I'm concerned any kind of all powerful deity that lets the kind of shit that happens, happen, and requires worship in return, can fuck off even if that mere thought means eternal damnation for me. I have to keep some pride and draw the line somewhere.

daysnumbered

daysnumbered

To be or not to be
Aug 21, 2024
I fear life more than death sometimes.

Reactions: ctbusser, Wackstar, Jarni and 6 others
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
Say that even if there's heaven/hell to make my life more scrarier, it doesn't mean that i automaticly want to be alive, my life became unbearable since i graduate and i tried to improve it but despite all of that im still haven't got a propper job yet, some people believe that death is incomperhansible (they fear what they don't know) but would it be a bias to think so, just because you don't/can't understand death doesn't mean it's automaticly a bad thing!

Reactions: Jarni
turbomightbegone

turbomightbegone

🎣
Nov 13, 2023
I fear death itself, not really what comes after it. I'm not too sure what I believe about the afterlife, can never make my mind up about it. I just hope my pain won't continue after i eventually kneel over and die one way or another.

Reactions: CantDoIt and hawkshorizon
leaftomb

leaftomb

let's live fast and die young
Jun 15, 2024
I definitely am, yeah. The idea of potential consciousness after death terrifies me. But, I'll die anyway. I tried to save myself with religion but couldn't believe, so I guess if they are right I am going to Hell anyway. We'll have to face it eventually

Reactions: kråkevind, CantDoIt and hawkshorizon
hawkshorizon

hawkshorizon

Aug 23, 2023
When I'm able to to wear my empiricist hat and consider the question rationally, I 'know' there's nothing after the brain dies. But the Jesuits got me early, so there's still that bit of me that can fashion an afterlife. And if the guys in robes have it right, nothing much good awaits me there. That scares me.
Well said.

Last edited:
Reactions: CantDoIt