FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I certainly am, in fact the thought of someday ceasing to exist is the only thing that could ever be close to being a comfort in such a cruel, harsh world where there is the potential to experience endless agony. Existence is only dread and suffering, and even if there wasn't that there would only be emptiness and an awareness of how truly futile everything is. I see existence as being a cruel mistake, it's an nightmarish disturbance in what otherwise would be the most ideal state of nothingness if existence wasn't here to burden us. Existence is so temporary and insignificant in comparison to the vast eternity of nonexistence that is awaiting us once we are finally free from being slaves to suffering in this chaotic world filled with risks and harm.

The reality is that death is the most normal and expected thing, it's all that we are destined for and is our inevitable fate, existence is just a series of losses until we lose ourselves and I see beauty in the thought of being lost in death, in being unable to experience anything for all eternity. Many humans attach value and meaning to this worthless and futile existence, it's like they forget that everything is truly impermanent when they insist that existence must be prolonged at all costs. As humans all that is inevitable is suffering and decay, in fact I see existence as being a process of slowly dying, and the fact that all of this was unnecessary truly is tragic. There is too much pain in existing which is why the only peace could ever lie in the absence of everything and is why death is the only relief.

Not existing is the solution for everything, it frees us from all wants, needs and desires, one cannot be tormented by death but existence is the source of all torment. I could never see not existing as being sad in any way, the only tragedy is in existing, which is why of course I would always be at peace with the thought of being gone as I believe that simply nothing awaits.

• Love
Reactions: pole, Shivali, charlotte_ and 8 others
No_Lxve

No_Lxve

it's always better to cease to exist
Apr 14, 2023
just knowing the feeling of not existing is like a kid waiting for his presents on Christmas eve.

impatient. and urgently wanting it, waiting for it

Reactions: Shivali, myusername890, jusbug and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes. I've had death around me from a very young age. I've been comfortable with the thought of my own death for a very long time. It's the dread of losing others again that I'm not looking forward to. I do still get sad about other people's deaths. I think life is so cruel to split people up like that.

• Hugs
Reactions: No_Lxve
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Yes, for the most part. I wish the time I had been forced to spend here had been better though.

H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
i wouldnt mind it, but no one knows yet what happens

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
No, but I have no other choice.

Reactions: PrisonBreak and _Minsk
flapjax

flapjax

Seeking peace
May 13, 2023
I'm at peace with dying, but still working on being gone. Dying is a natural part of life, just as being born. Whether you choose to CTB or it just happens one day, we all eventually will die. When I'm gone all they'll have of me is my memory and I am still working and hoping that's enough.

Reactions: kelo
rachelo

rachelo

May 11, 2023
I certainly am, in fact the thought of someday ceasing to exist is the only thing that could ever be close to being a comfort in such a cruel, harsh world where there is the potential to experience endless agony. Existence is only dread and suffering, and even if there wasn't that there would only be emptiness and an awareness of how truly futile everything is. I see existence as being a cruel mistake, it's an nightmarish disturbance in what otherwise would be the most ideal state of nothingness if existence wasn't here to burden us. Existence is so temporary and insignificant in comparison to the vast eternity of nonexistence that is awaiting us once we are finally free from being slaves to suffering in this chaotic world filled with risks and harm.

The reality is that death is the most normal and expected thing, it's all that we are destined for and is our inevitable fate, existence is just a series of losses until we lose ourselves and I see beauty in the thought of being lost in death, in being unable to experience anything for all eternity. Many humans attach value and meaning to this worthless and futile existence, it's like they forget that everything is truly impermanent when they insist that existence must be prolonged at all costs. As humans all that is inevitable is suffering and decay, in fact I see existence as being a process of slowly dying, and the fact that all of this was unnecessary truly is tragic. There is too much pain in existing which is why the only peace could ever lie in the absence of everything and is why death is the only relief.

Not existing is the solution for everything, it frees us from all wants, needs and desires, one cannot be tormented by death but existence is the source of all torment. I could never see not existing as being sad in any way, the only tragedy is in existing, which is why of course I would always be at peace with the thought of being gone as I believe that simply nothing awaits.
I've been wanting to exit since the age of around 8 y/o. My mantra was always, "just one more day" hoping things would get better... but they never have. Yes, I've had good days and moments obviously, but as I've aged I've just lost any passions I once had for anything, anywhere and anyone. I just can't be bothered with anything anymore. Meh, fuck it I think this will probably be my last week on this beautiful planet. Or what's left of it anyway.

When I close my eyes and imagine what death must feel like... Pure Bliss. Total comfort. Nothingness.

Reactions: jusbug
anywhere_else

anywhere_else

Floating on
Apr 30, 2023
Yeah I feel very similar. There were billions of years of non-existence before my life, and there'll be billions of years after. This part, right now, is the anomaly.

Last edited:
Reactions: kelo, Shivali, yive and 1 other person
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
That's the only thought that gives me peace.

Reactions: Shivali, ghost44 and yive
NoLoveNoHope

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
Yes, I'll be at peace in my moments before disappearing forever to be in another realm. I hope to be sedated before my death so I can finally not wake up from a deep sleep.

Reactions: Rocinante
Fktw0rld

Fktw0rld

An end with suffering > Suffering without an end
Aug 29, 2022
It's literally the only peaceful thought I have at this stage of my life. The only thought that shuts down my demons.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
I'm ready. I'm already at peace with death. This life is so pointless, and I don't like where the human wants to go. I'm not going with them.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Shivali
CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
Yes. I can't wait for the day when I no longer have to be. Unfortunately, external factors in my life are preventing me from going through with it at the moment but just thinking about non-existence does make me feel peaceful.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
nanfranci

nanfranci

worth more dead then alive
Mar 2, 2023
i am mostly at peace. the only lingering thoughts i have left are wanting of being remembered. but what relaxes me is that i will be remembered and missed much more after death then if i ever stayed alive.

OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
I don't consider death normal and will never be at peace with it. I dislike how it erases people without consent.
I would never give up my consciousness if I could; still the first preference would have been not coming into existence in the first place.

Reactions: SexyIncél and PurpleParadigm
woh6

woh6

Student
May 13, 2023
One would need to be conscious to care about anything, and because none of us would be there at that time, why would it matter? Death is the most common thing ever and it is unavoidable that we will all pass away, eventually.

B

Buddha.chris

Mar 25, 2023
The thought of exiting is the only peace I have to hold onto . There nothing else for me here on earth its pointless to even try . Nothing will ever change the suffering and the intensity of my depression and suicidal tendencies. I will forever suffer the only peace I hold onto is the one day I will leave earth and no longer be in a suffering state of anxiety and mental agony.

Reactions: kelo and Shivali
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
I am certainly at peace with the idea of death. After so many years of desiring it, I don't fear it anymore. Unfortunately, the process of dying is getting in the way.

Reactions: Shivali
M

mitsuko.055

May 13, 2023

To be honest yes but not at the same time . So in general yes since i have been struggling for many years now and I can't bear the amount of trauma i have but from the other hand the thought of being gone makes me feel so uneease because i always had dreams i wanted to achieve and even though it's most likely not to achieve them i love to believe that one day i will and i will try to actually make them come true.

yukan

yukan

Apr 16, 2023
yes and i feel kind of excited now that i have a plan. death gives me the comfort that these painful things now won't matter in the end.

P

peaceindeath

I want peace
May 5, 2023
The thought is what keeps me going. The sweet nothingness that will be eternal. It almost feels like I can suffer without feeling it, at least I can pretend that I'm already not here or how irrelevant all the pain is after death .
Even if life happens again, hopefully I'll just become an insect. 🙏

Last edited:
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Going back to the year 2019, the year before the pandemic, I could answer yes. I remember there are times where I often dream about the sweet release of death and not having to suffer. I thought about how I'd CTB and just imagine the void. Of course, back then I had access to my method and the calmness I felt when I know that I only chose to delay CTB because life was then under my control and with the ability to leave in a moment's notice was liberating. When my life circumstances changed after the pandemic I no longer felt the same peace I once did and being alive feels like a chore rather than free choice. I hope to once again get to that peace state of mind in the future.

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
No, because in reality death only happens in a certain temporal instant and that does not mean that you have died in another temporal space.
I'm starting from the premise that everything has already happened and that the present, past and future - time - is like the needle or the laser that reads a music record or a movie, until the song or the movie ends it does not involve destroying the disc, it can be played as many times as you like.

This is what I think of my father these days, I know he died at the beginning of February but I can perceive him perfectly alive if I move my mind to last year. I mean that in a universe where everything has already happened and time is present in all its extent, it is impossible to die or disappear.

//

No, perquè en realitat la mort només succeix en un instant temporal determinat i això no vol dir pas que hagis mort en un altre espai temporal.
Es que parteixo de la base que tot ha succeït ja i que el present, passat i futur -el temps- és com l'agulla o el làser que llegeix un disc de música o una película, que s'acabi la cançó o la pel·lícula no implica que es destrueixi el disc, es pot reproduïr tantes vegades com vulguis.

És el que penso del meu pare aquests dies, se que va morir a principis de Febrer pero el puc percebre perfectament viu si moc la ment a l'any passat. Vull dir que en un univers on tot ja ha succeït i el temps és present en tota la seva extensió, és impossible morir o desaparèixer.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and Shivali