heirofvoid

heirofvoid

Dec 20, 2021
I went to my second interview today but didn't expect it to take so long. It took 4 hours just to get my test results. I passed both the initial interview and the tests so I'm only waiting for the final interview which they have rescheduled to Monday. So, what's the problem? I didn't tell my family about it. I never tell them anything. In the end they all panicked and got mad because I wasn't home by 2pm. I went home at 5pm so they were fuming.

I wasn't nervous about the interview nor the test results, I was more nervous of my family finding out that I'm looking for a job. I know I'm an adult and I'm sure someone will say to just move out but I'm Asian so whatever you're thinking of I cannot leave this place until I can make money for myself.

Anyway, I got mad about the interview because it took 4 hours to wait for the results. I went home mad as well to the point whatever the fuck my grandma was saying I replied with "I don't care." It probably triggered her or something because she said "Are you already somebody?" and it just fucking broke me. So all this time I'm nothing to them? Because I'm not independent and can't make money for myself, I'm just nothing to them? I already have such a shitty self-esteem and this is what I hear from my own family? She kept saying that I should think of her whenever I'm going outside like what the fuck? Why do I have to think of you? Every move that I've made I had to think of ALL OF MY FAMILY to make sure I don't embarrass them, don't anger them, don't make them look down at me and it has hindered me from having my own life for 6 years. Now that I've finally had the courage to break out of my shell this is what she says to me?

I can't say anything else because she will always pull the "We always feed you and do everything for you." When first of all, I didn't ask for any of this. Call me spoiled or whatever but they buy so much stuff that I DO NOT NEED then guilt trip me into saying that they're doing these out of love. I can perfectly do all the household chores by myself which they know because I've been doing these since I was 10 and now they don't want me to do anything. They then blame me if they get sick from being too tired from doing chores but they get mad when I do them. They keep buying food that'll just make me fatter than I already am then scold me if I don't eat like the amount they want. They are driving me insane! I want to leave so much but I'm not guaranteed a job yet with this. Now that they know I went for an interview they'll be more nosy and I hate it. I hate talking about me because they have so much shit to say that they don't let me fend for myself.

Honestly, when she said that I wanted to go outside and proceed with my CBT already but the family groupchat is apparently in flames because I was gone for too long. If I fail the interview this Monday I'll consider it since I've had enough with my family. All they ever do is look down on me and treat me like a pig they need to feed. I don't feel like I'm part of this family, I don't feel the love they speak of.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, myopybyproxy, LifeHasNoOptIn and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you are in this situation, it must be so stressful and unbearable what you are going through. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

I

indigomoon

Student
Mar 6, 2022
Gosh I'm so sorry you have to go through all that. It sounds horrible. I wish you the best. Try to hang in there and do what you can. You deserve to be free and independent.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable šŸ’” Rest in peace CommitSudoku šŸ¤
Mar 11, 2022
I'm sorry for your suffering. Just ignore them and believe in yourself and your skills. You will find a job. Good luck and I wish you the best