PwincessStepford

PwincessStepford

I wish I were a princess.
Dec 31, 2019
I'm sure there are..but come out and say hi :3

Bonus: Does age regression cause you to feel less suicidal?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nemeshisu, Worthless_nobody and charlottewilts
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
*obligatory age regression isn't a fetish, it's a coping mechanism disclaimer*

i regress. most times it's not voluntary, it's just a way to cope with trauma.

when it's voluntary it does help with suicidal thoughts, though it's mostly just simmering in nostalgia.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nemeshisu and Worthless_nobody
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I definitely do this. I am also obsessed with nostalgia from the past. I feel like I'm so much younger in my mind and I feel like I am just not cut out to be an adult with responsibility (I failed miserably but that's another story). It's also a sort of coping mechanism.

I think I feel less suicidal to an extent. I try to just shove all my problems away. Then sometimes nostalgia makes it worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nemeshisu
PwincessStepford

PwincessStepford

I wish I were a princess.
Dec 31, 2019
*obligatory age regression isn't a fetish, it's a coping mechanism disclaimer*

i regress. most times it's not voluntary, it's just a way to cope with trauma.

when it's voluntary it does help with suicidal thoughts, though it's mostly just simmering in nostalgia.

Out of curiosity, how does involuntary age regression work exactly? Is it similar to DID (multiple personality disorder)? Can you not snap out of it even when you try/other people try to snap you out of it?

L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
I have looked into CG/L/BDSM if that is what you're talking about. Though I know CG/L doesn't always have to involve BDSM.

charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
Out of curiosity, how does involuntary age regression work exactly? Is it similar to DID (multiple personality disorder)? Can you not snap out of it even when you try/other people try to snap you out of it?

It's not DID. At least, I was never diagnosed with a dissociative disorder, though I'm sure they would've tacked on that label as well among the plethora they did if they could've forced me to attend therapy longer. From my understanding, a sufferer of DID would not remember the episode afterwards, while I do. It happens when I'm in an extremely distressing situation, such as being involuntarily hospitalised. Unfortunately, nothing can snap me out of it, but it subsides on its own when I've been away from stressors for a while. I get extremely petulant, irrational, aggressive, I lose eloquence and can be rather cruel. Think one of those spoilt 5 year olds you hear screaming in malls. Either that, or I'm nonverbal.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Yea, when I go into emotional flashbacks yes.

cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
Yes, and I am a Little. A Little without a Mommy or a Daddy, but I make do. :B

• Hugs
Reactions: Lefty
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
I am the other way i all ways feel and act like i am 20 to 30 years older than I am now i in my 40s . So well mess up LOL :D