• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I feel really bad... Suicidal. Emotional. Paranoid. My skin is crawling. I wish I could at least make myself dissociate and get a break from this. I feel so sick.

I know for some people, two days are just rookie numbers. It still feels really awful to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae, tryingtoescape, jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj and 2 others
glittergore

glittergore

the sea, the sea
Jun 16, 2020
I really feel for you, I know how awful a lack of sleep can be. The longest I've gone is 5 days and I still feel like I lost of a piece of my sanity that I'll never get back. Is there something particular on your mind that is preventing you from sleeping? Do you think it would be helpful to talk about it?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BitterlyAlive, KleinerWolf and thethatsitboy
thethatsitboy

thethatsitboy

Nós tudo vive pra morrer, mas luta pela vida
Jul 4, 2020
I can see that. I never got to two days without sleep. You are saying it is painful, so try getting some medication (to sleep, benzos, idk more). there are a lot of people that feel sleepy just with analgesic meds, i am really not that kind of person, maybe u are. wih u the best

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive and KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I dunno how helpful this is but what about
a bath/shower,
drinking lots of water to stay hydrated,
snuggle in bed while listening to thunderstorm ambience sounds?
Try to calm your mind a bit, acknowledge how you feel but try to let them slip in and out of your mind.

• Love
Reactions: BitterlyAlive, TimeToBiteTheDust and thethatsitboy
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I really feel for you, I know how awful a lack of sleep can be. The longest I've gone is 5 days and I still feel like I lost of a piece of my sanity that I'll never get back. Is there something particular on your mind that is preventing you from sleeping? Do you think it would be helpful to talk about it?
5 days, holy hell. That sounds so intense.

I guess I'm stressed about a lot of things. Was diagnosed with (c)PTSD this week and I feel like a liar and manipulator. I moved back in with my parents and it's just made everything worse. I don't even know when I've slept all week because I've mostly been laying on my bed or the floor just out of it. I think I've gotten 5 hours of sleep since Monday or Tuesday?
I can see that. I never got to two days without sleep. You are saying it is painful, so try getting some medication (to sleep, benzos, idk more). there are a lot of people that feel sleepy just with analgesic meds, i am really not that kind of person, maybe u are. wih u the best
I've tried GABA, melatonin, and diphenhydramine. Meds are really hit or miss with me - Seroquel is supposed to be strong, for example, but 150mg didn't do anything. Sometimes Zzzquil knocks me out, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm on nortriptyline but at this dose it doesn't help. I was at a slightly higher dose, but it made me so drowsy when I took it the night before work that I would be falling asleep on the job. Strangely enough, this only happened at work, but it was enough for my doctor to lower the dose.

Sorry if this is too negative. :(
I dunno how helpful this is but what about
a bath/shower,
drinking lots of water to stay hydrated,
snuggle in bed while listening to thunderstorm ambience sounds?
Try to calm your mind a bit, acknowledge how you feel but try to let them slip in and out of your mind.

Okay this is disgusting but I've really been struggling with hygiene during this episode of depression. It started in November or early December....and I've been dropping the ball hardcore since then. I just have so many mixed feelings about taking care of myself: sometimes I'm too apathetic, sometimes I don't feel like I deserve to be clean, sometimes I'm flat out scared to try and shower. As much as I appreciate the advice I don't think I can bring myself to shower. I'm sorry, it's so gross. I know.

I just refilled my water bottle and I'm snuggled up in a soft blanket on the floor. May listen to music too. Thanks for the advice and reminder to stay hydrated.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ebt88 and thethatsitboy
thethatsitboy

thethatsitboy

Nós tudo vive pra morrer, mas luta pela vida
Jul 4, 2020
I've tried GABA, melatonin, and diphenhydramine. Meds are really hit or miss with me - Seroquel is supposed to be strong, for example, but 150mg didn't do anything. Sometimes Zzzquil knocks me out, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm on nortriptyline but at this dose it doesn't help. I was at a slightly higher dose, but it made me so drowsy when I took it the night before work that I would be falling asleep on the job. Strangely enough, this only happened at work, but it was enough for my doctor to lower the dose.

No need at all to be sorry, bud. I am sorry for you, but hoping that you can manage it and just fall asleep soon, try what other users said and you not did yet. Meditating while lying in bed is a good way for me :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive
glittergore

glittergore

the sea, the sea
Jun 16, 2020
5 days, holy hell. That sounds so intense.

I guess I'm stressed about a lot of things. Was diagnosed with (c)PTSD this week and I feel like a liar and manipulator. I moved back in with my parents and it's just made everything worse. I don't even know when I've slept all week because I've mostly been laying on my bed or the floor just out of it. I think I've gotten 5 hours of sleep since Monday or Tuesday?

I was manic at the time, so it didn't feel as bad as it actually was. Still intense, though.

CPTSD is a hard diagnosis to receive; I know you usually get it from long-term trauma. Do you feel like a liar and manipulator because of what you said to get that diagnosis? If that's the case, it seems like it's far more likely that you got it because you were honest, not because of any ill intent on your part.

tryingtoescape

tryingtoescape

Experienced
Dec 30, 2019
I know how you feel, being unable to sleep for days, wishing you could just dissociate just to get a break from the racing paranoid thoughts. I feel sick too. And please don't be sorry, your mental illness isn't your fault. What sometimes helps me is listening to ambient noise, like airport noises, rain, waves, a slow heartbeat. Listening to ambient noise can sometimes slow the racing paranoid thoughts down a tiny bit and give you something else to focus on. It's so hard to sleep because it feels like my body is always in fight or flight mode. I was awake until 8 am the other day and I was tossing and turning in the bed, screaming and crying, dissociating heavily, and I eventually cried myself to sleep. It feels like torture. Sometimes, I just want to stab myself in the chest with a knife. Because I'm so desperate and I just want this to stop. But I don't because I know it most likely wouldn't work. I'm just desperate to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I was manic at the time, so it didn't feel as bad as it actually was. Still intense, though.

CPTSD is a hard diagnosis to receive; I know you usually get it from long-term trauma. Do you feel like a liar and manipulator because of what you said to get that diagnosis? If that's the case, it seems like it's far more likely that you got it because you were honest, not because of any ill intent on your part.
Sometimes I worry that I'm actually bipolar, but I worry about everything, so I try to not think about it too much. I've always had a really high tolerance for sleeping meds, even as a kid. This insomnia started with this episode of depression, so... hopefully that doesn't seem too concerning. Hopefully this isn't a mixed episode in disguise - it started before I got back on antidepressants, if that helps.

It's in part what I said, yes. I know that I have certainly been affected by trauma. I've done a bit of research and everything fits, even the way I remember (or don't remember) pretty much...anything in my life at this point. Traumatic memories are stored very differently in the brain, and dissociative amnesia isn't uncommon. But my parents aren't as bad as they used to be. My dad hasn't hit me in years, he still swears and screams at me but that's okay. My mom has also calmed down a bit. I know they both love me and struggle with their own issues, too... I haven't told them about my diagnosis because I don't want them to think I'm blaming them for my problems. I also fear that they'll invalidate me like they have with my anxiety and depression for so long.

I may also have PTSD from my past relationship, but I try to not think about it. Um. But it doesn't matter.

Either way, it's been a really hard pill to swallow even though I expected this diagnosis. I guess I'm also a little salty because the psychologist dismissed my suicide attempt, as I bitched about in another one of my threads...
I know how you feel, being unable to sleep for days, wishing you could just dissociate just to get a break from the racing paranoid thoughts. I feel sick too. And please don't be sorry, your mental illness isn't your fault. What sometimes helps me is listening to ambient noise, like airport noises, rain, waves, a slow heartbeat. Listening to ambient noise can sometimes slow the racing paranoid thoughts down a tiny bit and give you something else to focus on. It's so hard to sleep because it feels like my body is always in fight or flight mode. I was awake until 8 am the other day and I was tossing and turning in the bed, screaming and crying, dissociating heavily, and I eventually cried myself to sleep. It feels like torture. Sometimes, I just want to stab myself in the chest with a knife. Because I'm so desperate and I just want this to stop. But I don't because I know it most likely wouldn't work. I'm just desperate to die.
Thank you, I'm sorry you understand what it's like. :/ I may try to get my cat in here. She loves me to bits and starts purring if I even glance at her lol. Maybe her purring will help.

I'm so sorry to hear about how difficult things have been for you. I can't imagine how scary and exhausting things have been. I truly hope that you can find peace someday, mate.
No need at all to be sorry, bud. I am sorry for you, but hoping that you can manage it and just fall asleep soon, try what other users said and you not did yet. Meditating while lying in bed is a good way for me :hug:
Thank you, I think I'm going to try having my cat lay beside me.

Last edited: