sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Anyone want to help me figure out who I was in my past life? I'm wondering if there are any psychics here who could help. I've always been interested in my past life but haven't been able to remember it. Strangely enough, once I had a dream about it being blocked and my spirit guide apparently told me that I was "not allowed to know". Why could this be?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, marchshift, elimliadam and 5 others
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I find the concept of pre-life interesting. But I'm curious, what makes you subscribe to the idea of reincarnation and psychic abilities?

Reactions: marchshift, Meteora and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I find the concept of pre-life interesting. But I'm curious, what makes you subscribe to the idea of reincarnation and psychic abilities?
Idk, I guess I've always been interested in that kind of stuff.

Reactions: Rocinante, Meteora and DarkRange55
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Idk, I guess I've always been interested in that kind of stuff.
Fair enough, I just find it interesting because it sounds like you're rather critical of theism, and maybe even deism. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Fair enough, I just find it interesting because it sounds like you're rather critical of theism, and maybe even deism. 🤷‍♀️
Yeah, I guess it would seem weird. Idk, I've always been interested in the spiritual and mystical. I've wanted to learn more about the occult as well but I'm kind of scared of it

Reactions: Rocinante, marchshift and Meteora
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I'd look up past life regression in your area. But because I'm a bit skeptical by nature, I'd suggest trying multiple sources and I'd only take it seriously if most were saying the same thing.

I was once told that I was a religious man in a past lifetime. Might explain my interest in the topic in this lifetime.

Reactions: marchshift, Meteora, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Yeah, I guess it would seem weird. Idk, I've always been interested in the spiritual and mystical. I've wanted to learn more about the occult as well but I'm kind of scared of it
As a teenager I was more commonly associated with neopagan spiritualists, many of whom practiced witchcraft. I've been told witches worship the devil but everybody I've talked to that self identifies as a witch said no. I never identified as Wicka. I was more of a Jedi. Had I read the Daodejing at that time in life I probably would have identified as Taoist. But I sought community with pagans and pantheists and druids because they were accepting and because they shared some of the beliefs that I held at that time. I once believed that all life was infused with a vital force like a life force, a living spirit. Something that would fuse the material world to an ethereal netherworld like a collective consciousness of a biosphere. And I believed that psionic powers like telepathy and telekinesis and astral projection were all possible because of this. Now before you judge me, remember that there really wasn't much an atheist or skeptical movement. So whenever anybody protested on the imposition of the religious right they'd either identified as pagan or they identified as satanic.
When I was 13 and I was interested in satanism, it was through a homeless guy with a book in his hand. The church of satan today, I don't keep up with it anymore but its become like this occult kind of like black magic oriented LGBT oriented group I don't know whats going on with it. The Satanic Temple really kind of screwed up all that up. But the Church of Satan didn't jump on the internet and get a presence until way too late because they were busy trying to thumb wrestle and see whoever's gonna get Anton LeVey's estate and who's gonna be the high priest and they then just kind of screwed up off and didn't think it was gonna go anywhere. They were trying to catch up but they kind of just lost the ball. Its all dead. It was kind of on its way out because when LeVey died that was it.
Back when I was experimenting with voodoo and stuff. One of my many phases that I went through as a kid. I've always been very drawn to the Eastern philosophies. I practiced Zen Buddhism for a long time. I went to silent retreats at temples, I did the whole zen tea ceremony, I meditated a lot.
My dad's side of the family has a lot of Christian ministers and theology professors. Same with my mom's side, a lot of nuns. Then part of my step-mom's side of the family is related to royalty in the Austria/Czechoslovakia area. Their family refer to themselves as Bohemian in ethnicity and were kicked out of Czechoslovakia in the 1920's for practicing black magic.
I began dabbling in the occult. I bought books on the occult and wrote dirty poetry. For some time I immeshed in different kinds of very dark theology. It doesn't matter if you believe in demons, smoke and mirrors and if you think Alister Crowley was just another Anton LeVey. What matters is it was steeped in this occult black sex magic with my occult magician friend practicing black magic as a kid.

• Informative
Reactions: marchshift, Praestat_Mori and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
As a teenager I was more commonly associated with neopagan spiritualists, many of whom practiced witchcraft. I've been told witches worship the devil but everybody I've talked to that self identifies as a witch said no. I never identified as Wicka. I was more of a Jedi. Had I read the Daodejing at that time in life I probably would have identified as Taoist. But I sought community with pagans and pantheists and druids because they were accepting and because they shared some of the beliefs that I held at that time. I once believed that all life was infused with a vital force like a life force, a living spirit. Something that would fuse the material world to an ethereal netherworld like a collective consciousness of a biosphere. And I believed that psionic powers like telepathy and telekinesis and astral projection were all possible because of this. Now before you judge me, remember that there really wasn't much an atheist or skeptical movement. So whenever anybody protested on the imposition of the religious right they'd either identified as pagan or they identified as satanic.
When I was 13 and I was interested in satanism, it was through a homeless guy with a book in his hand. The church of satan today, I don't keep up with it anymore but its become like this occult kind of like black magic oriented LGBT oriented group I don't know whats going on with it. The Satanic Temple really kind of screwed up all that up. But the Church of Satan didn't jump on the internet and get a presence until way too late because they were busy trying to thumb wrestle and see whoever's gonna get Anton LeVey's estate and who's gonna be the high priest and they then just kind of screwed up off and didn't think it was gonna go anywhere. They were trying to catch up but they kind of just lost the ball. Its all dead. It was kind of on its way out because when LeVey died that was it.
Back when I was experimenting with voodoo and stuff. One of my many phases that I went through as a kid. I've always been very drawn to the Eastern philosophies. I practiced Zen Buddhism for a long time. I went to silent retreats at temples, I did the whole zen tea ceremony, I meditated a lot.
My dad's side of the family has a lot of Christian ministers and theology professors. Same with my mom's side, a lot of nuns. Then part of my step-mom's side of the family is related to royalty in the Austria/Czechoslovakia area. Their family refer to themselves as Bohemian in ethnicity and were kicked out of Czechoslovakia in the 1920's for practicing black magic.
I began dabbling in the occult. I bought books on the occult and wrote dirty poetry. For some time I immeshed in different kinds of very dark theology. It doesn't matter if you believe in demons, smoke and mirrors and if you think Alister Crowley was just another Anton LeVey. What matters is it was steeped in this occult black sex magic with my occult magician friend practicing black magic as a kid.
Astral projection is real though, people have been able to successfully do it. There's something called the Gateway Tapes by the Monroe Institute, they were declassified by the CIA. I don't think telepathy and telekinesis are real though…

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante and Meteora
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I know that astral projection is real, people have been able to successfully do it. There's something called the Gateway Tapes, they were declassified by the CIA. I don't think telepathy and telekinesis are real though…
I don't believe in any of it. Just phases as a kid. I am 100% skeptic. I believe in only that which can be verified through empirical evidence or at least strongly suggested by empirical evidence or at the very least something that is plausible based on what we understand about reality and the natural world. I do not make giant leaps in assumptions about the nature of the universe: the existence of ghosts, cryptozoology creatures like the Lockness Monster, magic, dowsing rods, ouija boards, psychic abilities, gods, angels, demons: I don't believe in any of these things because I don't think that the evidence for them is there.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I don't believe in any of it. Just phases as a kid. I am 100% skeptic. I believe in only that which can be verified through empirical evidence or at least strongly suggested by empirical evidence or at the very least something that is plausible based on what we understand about reality and the natural world. I do not make giant leaps in assumptions about the nature of the universe: the existence of ghosts, cryptozoology creatures like the Lockness Monster, magic, dowsing rods, ouija boards, psychic abilities, gods, angels, demons: I don't believe in any of these things because I don't think that the evidence for them is there.
Lol I've been to Loch Ness and didn't see any monster. I'm pretty sure that it's fake…

I do think that OBE's are real though, that's basically what astral projection is. There's even a whole subreddit dedicated to it. Even the CIA did research on it, basically you listen to the tapes and tune into a frequency that allows you to enter a deep meditative state which then lets you leave your body and travel on the astral plane. You're still tethered to your body by a silver cord though

Reactions: Rocinante and marchshift
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Lol I've been to Loch Ness and didn't see any monster. I'm pretty sure that it's fake…

I do think that OBE's are real though, that's basically what astral projection is. There's even a whole subreddit dedicated to it. Even the CIA did research on it, basically you listen to the tapes and tune into a frequency that allows you to enter a deep meditative state which then lets you leave your body and travel on the astral plane. You're still tethered to your body by a silver cord though
Which is why I said I don't believe in things like the Lockness Monster, magic, ect.

I don't dismiss anyones subjective experiences.

The CIA did a ton of research on everything during the cold war. The Air Force looked at nuking hurricanes to stop them. Also many government pyscops. "My first rule is, I don't trust anything the government tells me."
- George Carlin

As for OBE experiences and astral projection — probably a topic for tomorrow…

I will say this for the moment: I know there was a book in the '70's where they did a study of near death experiences and there were certain specific patterns. Like they all had similarities and patterns. And it might be traced to something in our brain that gets triggered during that experience thats common to all of us. They have been able to replicate these experiences with astronauts in training in a centrifuge. I've had (two) near-death experiences when I was younger and one time I did see the generic things. But it would seem that since it's replicatable, it's simply neurological biochemistry.

I can pontificate more on astral projection from a scientific point of view. But at the end of the day, everyone has beliefs that bring them a sense of comfort: an afterlife, destiny, maybe my hope for a better future, freedom/escape, peace, ect. Whatever brings someone a better sense of calm, comfort and hope. We all have our own mythologies because we even mythologize our own lives to some degree…

Last edited:
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Psychic abilities have nothing to do with religions, magic or witchcraft. They are as inherently human as physical abilities.
I don't understand why popular culture insists on linking them.

//

Les habilitats psíquiques no tenen cap tipus de relació amb les religions, la màgia o la bruixeria. Són tan inherentment humanes com les habilitats físiques.
No entenc perquè la cultura popular s'entesta en vincular-les.

Reactions: marchshift, sserafim and Meteora
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
@sserafim I want to know that, too. Have been thinking about it a lot. Maybe it would explain my existence here.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
It is easier/comforting to believe the ghosts of aliens inhabit earth than it is to think of being different as simply genetic. While there is no evidence for this, everyone has their own mythologies, which I think is fine. It doesn't hurt anyone, per se. So long as one derives a sense of comfort from it 👍

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
A friend on my old college course went for regression once. I don't think it's something you could do over a forum though. It sounded more like hypnosis. Maybe a zoom session although, kind of dodgy if they can't bring you round!

But yeah, he actually said he remembered dying in some of his past lives. I'm kind of skeptical myself but, who knows?

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023

I hold the view that astral projection is not real.
However with regard to individuals claiming a certain experience, I think there is something worth investigating.
I don't buy that their consciousnesses has actually left their bodies. But an 'out of body experience' is a phenomenon across cultures
. It seems to most often be viewed through the cultural lens of the individual in question. We shouldnt accept the cultural bias associated with it ("I met God" or "I saw events taking place in a place where my body wasn't").
I think we are too quick to dismiss a possibly authentic experience (with a rational explanation) on the basis of the culturally-influenced claims.
In his book The End of Faith, neuroscientist and philosopher, Sam Harris addresses some of this. He even suggests the some psychedelic drugs can artificially induce something similar to this phenomenon.
I have not given astral percent projection itself much thought, but my position above is similar to my views on similar things.

• Informative
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I personally am not sure but i will explain something bizarre that happened to me a while ago, some say it was Remote Viewing.

I meditate a lot mainly just to lay down and relax, i need it otherwise i feel like shit. Was laying there just in deep thought an suddenly felt as if there was a huge pressure on my eyes, a sound was present like a slight hum or whine.

Instantly my eyes ripped open and i saw a corrugated hangar, looked totally fresh even the concrete flooring looked brand new, the metal had a slightly gun metal gray and blue tinge to it. When i say my eyes ripped open it was similar to closing your eyes and having something pull them open then planting a VR headset instantly in your vision, like waking up in hospital that time i nearly died many moons ago.

I'll be honest i've never had an experience like it before in my life ever, i just wanted to share as it seems similar to above.

• Informative
Reactions: marchshift and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
other day I was looking for LBL facilitator in my area.
I stumbled upon this woman (https://www.reincarnatietherapeut.com/Reincarnationreading.html)
She claims she can do past-life reading online just for 25 dollars. Seems weird.
I have not tried out this yet and I have no intention

Do you have 25 bucks to give away?
Thanks for letting me know. Yeah I do. Hopefully it's not a scam lol. The issue is that hypnosis might not work on me though, I tried a past life regression using Brian Weiss' guided meditation video and didn't see anything

Reactions: Rocinante and elimliadam