TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Anyone use Xanax for theurapeutic use? Do you use it every day and at what dose I want to try it for anxiety on the days where I get extra anxious.

Reactions: Circles, mediocre and Sweet emotion
TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
I've had it prescribed for about 15+ years or so and I use it in certain social situations such as when getting a haircut. I get anxious when a stranger touches me, probably part of it has to do with the fact that in my family we never hugged each other or didn't show emotions that much.

Reactions: Circles and TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I've had it prescribed for about 15+ years or so and I use it in certain social situations such as when getting a haircut. I get anxious when a stranger touches me, probably part of it has to do with the fact that in my family we never hugged each other or didn't show emotions that much.
What dose do you use?

Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
Anyone use Xanax for theurapeutic use? Do you use it every day and at what dose I want to try it for anxiety on the days where I get extra anxious.
Yes, I've been on it for probably 15 years or more. I use it every day sometimes twice a day. I started out on .5 mgs but my anxiety and sleeping got so bad that I worked my way up to the 2mg bars. They also help with my physical nerve pain. They're kind of my best friends

• Love
Reactions: Circles, mediocre and TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Yes, I've been on it for probably 15 years or more. I use it every day sometimes twice a day. I started out on .5 mgs but my anxiety and sleeping got so bad that I worked my way up to the 2mg bars. They also help with my physical nerve pain. They're kind of my best friends
Thanks for your answer I know people on this forum uses it so I was kind of annoyed that nobody posted in this thread.

I didn´t realize it could help with nerve pain I got a back injury that hurts a little sometimes and would be interesting to see if it helps, I am also going to try 0.5mg later tonight after my last meal of the day so that will be interesting since I have had anxiety for years and I am sure I will be surprised by it because since I am used to anxiety I my muscles are probably tensed up all the time even when I feel like my anxiety isn´t that bad.

How long have you been taking 2mg a day? and do you spread it out over the day?

Reactions: Circles
L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Yes, 500 micrograms, but the doctor stopped prescribing because "they are not a long term solution" and very addictive.
So now I source them when I can and save them for bad days. I have one left currently.
Very good to have for those very anxious days, and when you feel you can't get to sleep, they really relax me into a nice sleep.

Reactions: Circles and mediocre
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Yes, 500 micrograms, but the doctor stopped prescribing because "they are not a long term solution" and very addictive.
So now I source them when I can and save them for bad days. I have one left currently.
Very good to have for those very anxious days, and when you feel you can't get to sleep, they really relax me into a nice sleep.
And you just use 0.5mg when needed?

Reactions: Circles and LonelyLight
L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
And you just use 0.5mg when needed?
Yes, I have to use them sparingly as I said I find it hard to get them. But if I'm having a day where I'm not dealing with things I will take one and it will ease it a bit :hug:

Reactions: Circles and TheGoodGuy
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
I've used it recently for 2 months and defintiely thinks the benefits for me outweigh the side effects.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I've used it recently for 2 months and defintiely thinks the benefits for me outweigh the side effects.
Do you use it every day and at what dose?

S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
That is a lot damn

Yeah, I have a junkie chemistry from spending years on antidepressants, so I need a high dosage for a good effect. If 1 mg works for you there is no reason to higher. 3 mg is about max dose.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Yeah, I have a junkie chemistry from spending years on antidepressants, so I need a high dosage for a good effect. If 1 mg works for you there is no reason to higher. 3 mg is about max dose.
Actually I am not sure about my dosage since I took 0.5 3 times over 5 hours so a total of 1.5mg it took my anxiety away and gave a slight euphoria on and off but it was a bit underwhelming compared to what I heard but maybe it was because I spread the dose out. I just heard people blacking out and doing fucked up shit on it and I felt pretty clear in my head with a slight delayed reaction time (I played cs go on it) and when I tried to walk I could definitely feel my legs were woobly.

Next time I think I will try 1mg at once and see how that is

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
i used to abuse those after a psychiatrist prescribed them 2 years ago. withdrawals were absolute HELL, way worse than nicotine and alcohol, still not as bad as pregabalin for some reason, and that's saying something.

i stopped because alprazolam is hard to obtain and many doctors and psychiatrists are reluctant to prescribe it, plus it was ruining my life even more.

now i still use benzos but i switched to long lasting ones like clonazepam and some times lorazepam and keep my doses as low as possible, i feel much better with clonazepam since the effect is milder and the fact that it stays longer in the body helps with morning anxiety if you take them at night. plus the comedown is much smoother and last way less than alprazolam.

i see xanax as a panic button in case of severe sudden anxiety, but it is so easy to press that button over and over, dangerous drug if you have an addictive personality.

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Do you take gabapentin too? I have to take 300 mg of those plus oxycodone pretty much everyday to help me with my pain. I also get prescribed xanax .5 mg
If you're looking to take xanax for recreational purposes, it doesn't do anything. There is no high. To be 100% honest, I don't really know how people get addicted to them.

Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
Thanks for your answer I know people on this forum uses it so I was kind of annoyed that nobody posted in this thread.

I didn´t realize it could help with nerve pain I got a back injury that hurts a little sometimes and would be interesting to see if it helps, I am also going to try 0.5mg later tonight after my last meal of the day so that will be interesting since I have had anxiety for years and I am sure I will be surprised by it because since I am used to anxiety I my muscles are probably tensed up all the time even when I feel like my anxiety isn´t that bad.

How long have you been taking 2mg a day? and do you spread it out over the day?
No I don't take two mgs a day. I have 2 mg bars. When Xanax is at that amount it comes in a bar shaped pill. So I may take three of those a day but not usually. I mean I wouldn't be able to get up. You have to be really careful with Xanax. Unless I'm in pain, I only use them at night. And I've built up quite a tolerance. When I was a certain age I was taking 12 mgs in the course of an hour which now that I think about it is crazy! I have no idea how I got up four hours later and showered, did my hair, and went to school and was alert all day. Probably due to the OCD which never let's your brain rest. Tosleep I'll take 4 mgs but no more than that. And yes you can spread it out over the course of a day but you're on the lowest amount so you can't really do that.
Yes, I have to use them sparingly as I said I find it hard to get them. But if I'm having a day where I'm not dealing with things I will take one and it will ease it a bit :hug:

If you're getting them off the street please be careful. Some are fentanyl. But if you took one that was fentanyl you really wouldn't feel a thing.

Last edited:
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
Do you take gabapentin too? I have to take 300 mg of those plus oxycodone pretty much everyday to help me with my pain. I also get prescribed xanax .5 mg
If you're looking to take xanax for recreational purposes, it doesn't do anything. There is no high. To be 100% honest, I don't really know how people get addicted to them.
People get addicted to them because they have anxiety so they need them. Also sometimes there are irregularities in the heart so Xanax needs to be taken. I was given them for severe OCD and lack of sleep. You're right you get no high off of them but they do knock you out.

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
People get addicted to them because they have anxiety so they need them. Also sometimes there are irregularities in the heart so Xanax needs to be taken. I was given them for severe OCD and lack of sleep. You're right you get no high off of them but they do knock you out.
Do you take gabapentin?

APharmaDestroyedLife

APharmaDestroyedLife

Your RX drugs are likely your real problem
Nov 4, 2019
That is the only safe way to use them, it's really good that you can control the use in that way. What happens to people in benzo withdrawal who have become dependent is beyond description. Some docs still RX benzos for daily use, but that is really dangerous. Because of Tolerance issues. Benzos are not addictive in the traditional sense as they provide no high, what they do is cause gaba receptor pruning that leads to physical dependence... just look of benzo withdrawal syndrome if you ever consider taking these daily. It's a terrifying experience that can last over 6 months and if not tapered correctly can go into over a year of withdrawal

Gabapentin is a "dirty" drug . It has all kinds of nasty side effects and was only approved for epilepsy... it does nothing for pain... moron doctors just listening to pharma reps and prescribing dangerous drugs for off label reasons... I see 1 commonality with a good percentage of suicidal people... its benzos and / or gabapentin use.

Be your own advocate about meds. Doctors have no idea what meds do, how they work, the side effects, or the withdrawals. They just go by what the pharmaceutical reps say... and those people are just commission based drug pushers. I learned the hard way to research meds before blindly believing a doctor.

Last edited:
dedalus1238900

dedalus1238900

Pharmacology Enthusist
Nov 28, 2019
.5mg to 1mg. Daily. If it's all day social anxiety clozepam or dizepam could be better.

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I have used them but don't any more. I'm tolerant to them now. A handful would be needed to calm me down.

dedalus1238900

dedalus1238900

Pharmacology Enthusist
Nov 28, 2019
cWhen did you stop. You should be back to baseline in a few weeks unless you were a mass doses user. If you think benzos are tolerant try 1 mg ofFlckubrozalam on Clonzolam. These are the Fent to the Xanax tramadol.