EndofMyRope

EndofMyRope

Student
Oct 17, 2018
Just wondering if anyone Is taking seroquil. I'd like to run a couple possible side effects by them to see if they're typical or if I'm just a special weird case.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
Im on 100 mg of quetiapine in the evenings, not much side effects, except hunger and sleepiness. It also makes my heart slower.
What side effects are you having?

EndofMyRope

EndofMyRope

Student
Oct 17, 2018
I feel like I'm eating enough to feed a football team. My sleep has been better though. I'm able to fall asleep and stay asleep much longer. Last night however, I woke up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat to the point where I had to change my Jammie's and bed linens. Ever hear of that?

How long have u been on it? Does the hunger ever let up??? Seriosly, I practically emptied my fridge today.

T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
I havent taken it for a long time, i used to use it only when i had trouble sleeping. From what i have heard, the hunger doesnt really pass and you can gain large amounts of weight from this drug. I only take it at night and i dont feel hunger during the day. What dose are you on? Once or twice a day?
About the sleep, maybe you had a nightmare, quetiaine does cause that.

MexicanTravels

MexicanTravels

Pokémon Master
Sep 6, 2018
I was on seroquel for a while and it would knock me out each time. Since I only took it before I slept, I didn't really eat that much more during the day. I did experience sleep paralysis more frequently on the drug though. Also, the drug is known for increasing your appetite and weight gain. Talk to your psychiatrist and they might be able to prescribe an additional drug to offset the weight gain if you start noticing the pounds adding up.

Politecat

Politecat

Dec 9, 2018
I wasn't on seroquil, I was on fluoxetine (prozac) I started to develop episodes of paranoia, delusions, worsened my depression, and ruined my appetites, (I usually about 4-5 days before I eat something) I've gone cold turkey which just worsened everything since I got diagnosed with social anxiety, but I've tried to avoid going on medication.

EndofMyRope

EndofMyRope

Student
Oct 17, 2018
I havent taken it for a long time, i used to use it only when i had trouble sleeping. From what i have heard, the hunger doesnt really pass and you can gain large amounts of weight from this drug. I only take it at night and i dont feel hunger during the day. What dose are you on? Once or twice a day?
About the sleep, maybe you had a nightmare, quetiaine does cause that.
I'm on 100mgs. I'll need to discuss other options with my doc. Gaining weight will not work for me. I used to be more than 100lbs heavier than I am not and there's no way hell I'll go down that rabbit hole again.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Tyuiop
Rose Mirren

Rose Mirren

roses are so overrated
Dec 10, 2018
I was on Seroquel and it made me extremely sleepy. Stopped working after a while. And then I got more suicidal thoughts. My psych decided to switch my meds. Currently on Lamictal + Lexapro

Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
Used to be on 1500mg of Seroquel. Made me super sleepy and unresponsive. And then a mood stabilizer, 1200mg of Depakote. I was full on zombie. What's your side effects?

W

wxtyubidi7y

Student
Jun 30, 2018
I take small doses (50-75mg) occasionally when I can't sleep or I'm super anxious. I tried a much higher dose daily for bipolar but it made me feel like my inner voice/stream of consciousness had been nullified and it was horrible.

Reactions: Xerxes and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Im on 100 mg of quetiapine in the evenings, not much side effects, except hunger and sleepiness. It also makes my heart slower.
What side effects are you having?

Talk to your doctor about Phentermine.

Reactions: Tyuiop and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals