Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
It's especially fun on these winter nights when most homes are dimmed down so the night sky is much more visible without light pollution. Navigating the constellations and identifying stars is fun. I've also seen a few dozen shooting stars and two green comets since I began.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Skathon, Sylveon and 8 others
the_path_of_sorrows

the_path_of_sorrows

Different routes, same destination
Nov 26, 2023
Actually that's one of the main reasons why I am still alive! Telescope makes it all worth it. That unspoken beauty that cannot be seen with a naked eye... Makes me feel like this life is a miracle, even if for a short amount of time, the beauty of our nature always makes me cry.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sylveon, psp3000, ctvunny and 4 others
Sans

Sans

Protesting the conditions of an inhumane world
Oct 2, 2019
It seems so romantic. I wish I had a significant other to stargaze with. Where I went to college there was a hill with a very pretty view of the stars, but I had no one to enjoy it with.

A beautiful environment can be the darkest hell if you have to experience it all alone.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: thedevilwithin, Sylveon, psp3000 and 4 others
ADeadBunny

ADeadBunny

🪦 July 20th, 2003 - January 8th, 2024
Nov 19, 2023
"She's a skygazer.

Z'Oiseau's got her hooked
on Vide Noir."

This post made me think of this quote from the movie Vide Noir. I couldn't help, but share it. If the cosmos and psychedelics interest you, I highly recommend that movie.

I've always loved looking at the stars. When I was a kid I think it made me believe that heaven wasn't too far away. I enjoyed just laying down and watching the sky even without a telescope. I also really loved when the app Sky Map came out. I guess it takes your mind off of your existence and life here when you think about the infinite expanse of the universe. It guess it's also why I like to smoke salvia and trip on mushrooms when I can find them.

• Love
  • Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sylveon, psp3000, ctvunny and 1 other person
Life Is My Coffin

Life Is My Coffin

One final action ⚰️⚰️⚰️
Oct 13, 2023
Used to, but I took a girl I really really liked that lived a city over from me to look at some stars once since she never gets to see them. It was freezing outside but still had a magical time with a blanket on the ground that winter night. I'd give anything for her to talk to me again, my heart is perpetually broken and longing.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sylveon, psp3000, ctvunny and 1 other person
C

ctvunny

dead
Jun 18, 2023
Me me! I remember I used to spend hrs just being on the rooftop but stopped cause some neighbors kept trying to get my attention. The spot that I really enjoyed was in my friends vacation house, its away from the city lights so the view from the sky is really beautiful. Looking back on it, I miss those moments. Just lowkey drinking with friends while chatting under the stars.

• Love
Reactions: Sylveon, psp3000 and Rocinante
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I moved back into a woodsy country area of my state so I should be able to star gaze a lot but I never really found the time to but maybe this post is a sign/reminder that I should

but I also I can't choose between looking in this area versus an area by a lake I feel like it would be more private and a better environment to see them there because no one is at a lake at night or so I think

also I think this is one of the reasons why I really like looking at informational videos and personal experiences about living on Svalbard and Greenland

because I think if I remember correctly it stays dark as if it were the night for about a month in both places so I think it would be perfect for stargazing and seeing an Aurora Borealis or however it is spelled

• Love
Reactions: Sylveon and Rocinante
TheShadowKing

TheShadowKing

≽^- ˕ -^≼
Dec 5, 2023
I love stars but I live in NYC so yeah the nicest it gets is when I go upstate which has a decent amount of stars but it's still not that many out there

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i have a telescope but i never get out to use it

• Love
S

simplymiserable

Hi
May 21, 2023
Just started stargazing. Does it help with your mental state in any way?

• Love