Sunghoon

Sunghoon

#1 Wasted sperm
Jul 18, 2024
My parents aren't physically abusive, but they make my anxiety skyrocket every day, and since they're super religious as fuck, they view mental illness and suicide as something satanic. When they found out I tried to attempt, they called me stupid because I would go straight to hell if I killed myself, which pushes me away from their religion even more because what god does that? They don't know I'm agnostic btw, but it's kinda like 'I gave birth to you, so you have to follow everything I say and do, or else you will bring shame to our family' type of relationship with them. Anyone have parents that are similar? I just don't wanna feel alone, and they were just arguing with me for the last hour and I feel rlly baaad :<

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: UnrulyNightmare, ijustwishtodie, Davey40210 and 1 other person
amnesia999

amnesia999

Lie, lie, lie - Life is a lie
Jun 30, 2024
I did (my mother's passed and my father is in his 80s and I stopped talking to him a while ago).He's a fundamentalist Christian type who's a control freak who used bullying and intimidation to get his way. He did not believe in sparing the rod. In short he gave me CPTSD.

As long as you live under their roof you have to follow their rules. So if you do live with them, try to find a sympathetic relative or friend you can move in with.

• Love
Reactions: Sunghoon and Davey40210
Upvote 0
Just_Another_Person

Just_Another_Person

Student
Sep 16, 2024
I had both, mentally and physically abusive father and neglectful mother. Good thing I am not living with them anymore lol

• Love
Reactions: Davey40210
Upvote 0
shadow999

shadow999

Student
Sep 6, 2024
My parents used to be very mentally abusive. My best advice would be to live somewhere else. I kept moving back in with my parents and eventually it destroyed me. It's mostly because of the effects of how they treated me that I want to CTB.

• Love
Upvote 0
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I grew up with a super jesusy mom that had to control every aspect of my life. My dad just went along with her bullshit to keep his business " under the radar". My sister and I were routinely "spanked" with belts,wooden spoons( they usually broke),hair brushes,one of the many"paddles" my dad made in his shop. If you had anything to say about it,tell it to the bar of soap you'd have shoved in your mouth for the next couple of hours. Memories.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Davey40210 and ForgottenAgain
Upvote 0
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
My mother spent her life working, all my memories of her are of her speaking to clients on the phone or replying to emails on the computer. I know she loved me and I think she loved me right, just died very young.

My father was a neglectful parent. He was emotionally absent, he thought his role was to pay for food, shelter, education and that's it. Ruined my mental health by dating horrible women and immediately putting them living with us.

• Love
Upvote 1
Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
I had both, mentally and physically abusive father and neglectful mother. Good thing I am not living with them anymore lol

I had exactly the same. Plus our mom would gaslight us into thinking it never happened. Until me and my siblings started talking to each other in adulthood and putting the pieces together. Our dad was really actually crazy, it was like living your entire childhood with a violent mental patient..

• Hugs
Reactions: amnesia999
Upvote 0