puppet_nihilist

puppet_nihilist

cogito, ergo sum
Jan 8, 2021
It isn't like a strong physical pain I can feel some heat on my chest constantly especially when I keep thinking. I can't stop thinking these days and the chest pain is only getting worse. It isn't something serious and I highly doubt it is even an illness or something, but the pain is just too much and I can really feel it pulsating. My neck feels like it's being squeezed really hard and every breath I pull makes amplifies this chocking sensation. I am also getting intrusive thoughts about being killed, which I don't mind of course if I am not going to be tortured assuming someone develops an interest in murdering me, but I just cannot stop thinking about it. I am sane for now, hopefully I will always be sane, but I cannot stop imagining myself being murdered. It's too much, I am already stressed as it is.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LADY007, patheticpartner, mentalhealthfighter and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds really awful what you are going through. I'm sorry you are suffering. I have not experienced what you describe, but I do always feel stressed and ill and I overthink everything. I understand it is hard to carry on when you cannot take anymore. I hope you find relief from your suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, mentalhealthfighter and puppet_nihilist
eryu

eryu

Sep 25, 2021
This sounds alarmingly similar to symptoms that started for me months after I stopped taking antidepressants.
By the time they started, I had read enough to know a bit of what I might be in for but I was hoping it wouldn't be so bad and I still felt disbelief that symptoms could start so much later, be so bad and continue for so long.
It made/makes it hard to think. When I'd try to think about it to talk/write about, it would produce more awful sensations.
It's very difficult to describe and I feel like I can't call it "pain" which is annoying because I feel this means people would take it less seriously. It is constantly distressing. The 'pulsating' feels like being jolted a bit. Like some part inside my chest is inflating each time my heart beats. It is sort of similar to when you feel out of breath.

I stopped the very worst of it by completely changing my diet to very plain staple foods (mainly rice and beans) for nearly a year. Nearly every type of food exacerbated it.

• Hugs
Reactions: LADY007, patheticpartner and puppet_nihilist
puppet_nihilist

puppet_nihilist

cogito, ergo sum
Jan 8, 2021
This sounds alarmingly similar to symptoms that started for me months after I stopped taking antidepressants.
By the time they started, I had read enough to know a bit of what I might be in for but I was hoping it wouldn't be so bad and I still felt disbelief that symptoms could start so much later, be so bad and continue for so long.
It made/makes it hard to think. When I'd try to think about it to talk/write about, it would produce more awful sensations.
It's very difficult to describe and I feel like I can't call it "pain" which is annoying because I feel this means people would take it less seriously. It is constantly distressing. The 'pulsating' feels like being jolted a bit. Like some part inside my chest is inflating each time my heart beats. It is sort of similar to when you feel out of breath.

I stopped the very worst of it by completely changing my diet to very plain staple foods (mainly rice and beans) for nearly a year. Nearly every type of food exacerbated it.
Damn, this really is very similar to what I'm experiencing. I can't call it pain as well and I fear that because of this if I even mention it I won't be taken seriously. It's very hard to describe, to be honest the very fact that it's so indescribable is what makes it excruciating. It only adds to the suffering.

I am sorry you had to go through that, I relate heavily to the diet fix which didn't work for me in anyway as well, given that it is somewhat common advice for depression you'd think it might help a bit.
That sounds really awful what you are going through. I'm sorry you are suffering. I have not experienced what you describe, but I do always feel stressed and ill and I overthink everything. I understand it is hard to carry on when you cannot take anymore. I hope you find relief from your suffering.
Thanks for your kind words, you're always there for everyone.

• Hugs
Reactions: LADY007 and patheticpartner
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
It isn't like a strong physical pain I can feel some heat on my chest constantly especially when I keep thinking. I can't stop thinking these days and the chest pain is only getting worse. It isn't something serious and I highly doubt it is even an illness or something, but the pain is just too much and I can really feel it pulsating. My neck feels like it's being squeezed really hard and every breath I pull makes amplifies this chocking sensation. I am also getting intrusive thoughts about being killed, which I don't mind of course if I am not going to be tortured assuming someone develops an interest in murdering me, but I just cannot stop thinking about it. I am sane for now, hopefully I will always be sane, but I cannot stop imagining myself being murdered. It's too much, I am already stressed as it is.
Could be an anxiety disorder or panic attack. Talk to your doctor about it and you'll probably get benzos prescribed.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and puppet_nihilist
eryu

eryu

Sep 25, 2021
Thanks. Sorry for what you're going through too.
And I'm sorry the diet change didn't work you. Honestly, it never "stopped" the symptoms. Just made them less intense. It was somewhat easy to figure out what I could eat because the reactions to different foods were immediate (literally as soon as I swallowed).
I realized I was also very sensitive to whatever was in the air as well and I have a friend who realized he was sensitive to things coming in contact with his skin. Don't know if you've looked into that yet already.

I actually got intrusive thoughts as well. It's hard to describe but they had a sort of 'weight' to them. Like when you consciously subvocalize while reading or thinking sometimes. Like if you very intentionally imagined some word being shouted...only they were completely involuntary and come from somewhere not under my conscious control. It was usually things that were very abusive and demeaning. Or else some word or phrase that I loathed and it would be repeated. It's like someone being next to you and taunting you with mean and gross things until you want to cry/vomit.
I can't imagine how awful it is for people who actually get audio hallucination as well...

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and puppet_nihilist
Lilmeowssi

Lilmeowssi

I just want peace
Sep 6, 2019
finally someone mentions this! i feel a weird kind of pain when thinking too much about either suicide or just bad things overall. i feel it in my chest, stomach and from my fingertips to my upper back area. it's really weird and it's not like real pain but it still hurts somehow.

• Hugs
Reactions: LADY007, patheticpartner and puppet_nihilist