• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

mold

mold

local fungi
Jun 25, 2019
wasn't entirely sure where to do this, and i'm not even exactly sure what i want to gain out of this, maybe a sense of community and not feeling alone? idk. but as the title says, is anyone else here struggling with any type of eating disorder? how does it effect you/your mental health? for me, it definitely makes my life much more miserable than it normally would/should.

what are your personal experiences like, if you're comfortable sharing?

Reactions: thebelljarrr and myusername890
Y

yarv

Aug 25, 2023
Hi friend, life long anorexic here, been in recovery 8 years, and it effects every aspect of my social life, it makes dating hard, it makes gatherings with friends hard, eating disorders are brutal and are the most deadly mental illness if I'm not mistaken.

One thing that's help me a lot, is to be open about it when you can, and tell people what you need and don't need, if you are not currently eating you should be, and if you can't I would seek help. It's hell, I've been in the hospital for months at a time with tubes in my nose, but it is treatable. However, this is a part of me I will always have to deal with and stay on top of. Recovery is possible, I believe in you.

rokonie

rokonie

Jun 3, 2024
Yeah, i hang around ed forums and twitter/tumblr if im not on here.
I often don't feel like im accepted in those spaces because i don't have a restrictive ed like AN or ortho. I feel judged because im not the kind who "loses appetite when depressed" so i tend to stick around other bulimics/BED ppl..
I'm b/ping multiple times every day cos i can do it hf. It's a two-edged sword cos on one hand im absolutely incapacitated throughout the day (my supervisor has warned me twice abt my declining performance at work, fml) and don't have time for hobbies anymore. On the other hand it's a coping mechanism for stress, and if im thorough enough i can maintain my weight/lose weight while feasting on junk food.

Y

yarv

Aug 25, 2023
Hi friend, life long anorexic here, been in recovery 8 years, and it effects every aspect of my social life, it makes dating hard, it makes gatherings with friends hard, eating disorders are brutal and are the most deadly mental illness if I'm not mistaken.

One thing that's help me a lot, is to be open about it when you can, and tell people what you need and don't need, if you are not currently eating you should be, and if you can't I would seek help. It's hell, I've been in the hospital for months at a time with tubes in my nose, but it is treatable. However, this is a part of me I will always have to deal with and stay on top of. Recovery is possible, I believe in you.
i should probably mention that I am a male anorexic, so I'll either be able to relate to you a ton, or only a little bit, if you want to talk about it feel free though

itsneverbeenmoreove

itsneverbeenmoreove

You are just my love
May 21, 2024
I have a "great" (sarcastic airquotes) binge restrict cycle that caused me gain like 40 pounds. Not that I had any self-esteem to begin with, but it's way worse now.

• Love
Reactions: rokonie